✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all, here's another video saying that Christ is coming soon:

Can someone watch it for me? Whenever I search his name or think about him I always have a panic attack.

How soon is Christ's return? What do we have to do to ensure that we are saved? What should we be looking out for? What should I be doing right now?

Thanks,

boxman144

• Prayers
Reactions: GospelS

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do we have to do to ensure that we are saved? What should we be looking out for? What should I be doing right now?

Living your life as a Christian and not worrying about that stuff

Reactions: shadyoaks
Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How long does it take to enter the closet of your heart (Matthew 6:6), expel all the merchandising (John 2:15-16) thoughts from there and start praying (Isaiah 58:9)?

Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How soon is Christ's return? What do we have to do to ensure that we are saved? What should we be looking out for? What should I be doing right now?

Thanks,

boxman144

Hello boxman, don't panic. Here is a good scripture for you to read, it talks about the Harpazo- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

If you notice verse eighteen says 'encourage one another with these words'.

Talking about the return of the Lord is an encouragement. Because it's going to be the best day of a believer's life.

The next chapter, 1 Thessalonians 5 talks about how to be ready for the return of the Lord.

God Bless You :)

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello boxman, don't panic. Here is a good scripture for you to read, it talks about the Harpazo- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

If you notice verse eighteen says 'encourage one another with these words'.

Talking about the return of the Lord is an encouragement. Because it's going to be the best day of a believer's life.

The next chapter, 1 Thessalonians 5 talks about how to be ready for the return of the Lord.

I'm really trying my best to not fear, but it still comes. I have Hadephobia so I am scared of me burning in Hell for eternity. I'm not good. I'm trying. So hard.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm really trying my best to not fear, but it still comes. I have Hadephobia so I am scared of me burning in Hell for eternity. I'm not good. I'm trying. So hard.

Hello boxman, a scripture for you:

Jesus said: "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life" (John 5:24)

Note that this is the Lord Jesus himself speaking, the one who will judge the living and the dead.

If you have heard the good news about Jesus and have believed, then you have eternal life. You have it now. You will not be condemned. When you believe you cross from death to life.

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That is an excellent prayer:

I'm not good. I'm trying... Lord have mercy on me!

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How soon is Christ's return?

We don't know. That's what "like a thief in the night" means.

What do we have to do to ensure that we are saved?

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9).

And, if you haven't done so, you should join a church that gives you good Biblical teaching. Forget about YouTube videos by random people.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God is love. You must get to know Him better, if you have such low view of Him.

Also, if you are afraid of "last days" modern myth, try to look at preterism.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Can someone watch it for me? Whenever I search his name or think about him I always have a panic attack.

Thanks,

boxman144

You should be worrying less about Christ's return and more about living a victorious christian life modeled after the life of Christ. Do you read your Bible, do you Pray, daily for both or even more often if possible. Have you had a conversion experience? Do you know Christ and how do you know Him.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Don't watch Youtube videos from people who claim they know when Jesus will return. They will always be wrong. Every. Single. Time.

How soon is Christ's return?

Sometime between now and the eventual heat death of the universe some 10^106 years in the future (that's a 1 followed by 106 0's or, if you want a fun new word, it's ten quattuortrigintillion).

My point is that we don't know. We can't know. Jesus tells us very explicitly that nobody knows except God the Father.

What do we have to do to ensure that we are saved?

Place your faith and trust in Jesus who gave Himself for you.

What should we be looking out for?

Beware of false teachers and false prophets who claim to know when Jesus will return, or that we are witnessing "signs" of the "end times" right now. Ignore them, do not believe them. Jesus warns us and tells us not to listen to such people.

What should I be doing right now?

Put your hope in Christ, believe the good news, love God and love your neighbor as yourself.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Christ has defeated hell. That's the good news.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We don't know. That's what "like a thief in the night" means.

Hello Radagast. If I might offer a slightly different perspective:

But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief (1 Thessalonians 5:4)

Jesus also said: Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door (Matthew 24:33)

No man can predict the day or the hour, but we are commanded to know when it is near, right at the door.

I am reminded of when Oliver Cromwell in the 1640s replied to those with apocalyptic fever in his day, those who thought King Charles the Anti-Christ. Cromwell's response was that the return of the Lord was not near in their day because first the Jews had to return to Israel. As the Lord Jesus said, he will not return until the Jews of Jerusalem say 'Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord'. In the 1640s there were few Jews in Jerusalem. God Bless You :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should be worrying less about Christ's return and more about living a victorious christian life modeled after the life of Christ. Do you read your Bible, do you Pray, daily for both or even more often if possible. Have you had a conversion experience? Do you know Christ and how do you know Him.
I try to read at least 1 chapter everyday. I pray a lot in my head, not so much as out loud. I have converted from Atheism to Christianity in February. I hope He knows me, because I know who He is.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I try to read at least 1 chapter everyday. I pray a lot in my head, not so much as out loud. I have converted from Atheism to Christianity in February. I hope He knows me, because I know who He is.

Unfortunately this is probably the worst time to try and get plugged into a church community, seeing as there's a global pandemic, and most churches (I guess I don't know in Canada, but certainly here south of the border) have switched to an online presence in order to protect the vulnerable members of the congregation from being exposed to the pathogen.

But as soon as it is reasonably doable, it is in the best interest of your own spiritual health (and, I'd argue, emotional and mental health) to come and share life together with your fellow brothers and sisters. Finding a good, solid, theologically sound church. So you can hear the Gospel, receive the Sacraments, participate in God's gifts of life for His people.

In the meantime, here's a passage of Scripture that is worth meditating upon seriously:

"for God gave us not a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

I am diagnosed with anxiety and depression, I take medication for it. And so my own mind has often been my own worst enemy. It is not infrequent that, even still, I am plagued with fears, doubts, the fiery darts of the evil one assailing me. Whether it's just my mind, or else the devil seeks to take advantage of my mind, it ultimately doesn't matter. I remember that St. Paul tells us that faith is a shield against the fiery darts of the devil, and so I confess the Apostles' Creed when that happens.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell, and on the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.
The holy catholic Church.
The Communion of Saints.
The forgiveness of sins.
The resurrection of the body.
And the life everlasting.
Amen.

Against this there is no power in all of creation that can stand against it. It is the truth of God. It is our shield. For Christ is our Rock, our Refuge, our Strong Tower.

Take refuge in Him.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

boxman144

Mar 7, 2020
Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Unfortunately this is probably the worst time to try and get plugged into a church community, seeing as there's a global pandemic, and most churches (I guess I don't know in Canada, but certainly here south of the border) have switched to an online presence in order to protect the vulnerable members of the congregation from being exposed to the pathogen.

But as soon as it is reasonably doable, it is in the best interest of your own spiritual health (and, I'd argue, emotional and mental health) to come and share life together with your fellow brothers and sisters. Finding a good, solid, theologically sound church. So you can hear the Gospel, receive the Sacraments, participate in God's gifts of life for His people.

In the meantime, here's a passage of Scripture that is worth meditating upon seriously:

"for God gave us not a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." - 2 Timothy 1:7

I am diagnosed with anxiety and depression, I take medication for it. And so my own mind has often been my own worst enemy. It is not infrequent that, even still, I am plagued with fears, doubts, the fiery darts of the evil one assailing me. Whether it's just my mind, or else the devil seeks to take advantage of my mind, it ultimately doesn't matter. I remember that St. Paul tells us that faith is a shield against the fiery darts of the devil, and so I confess the Apostles' Creed when that happens.

I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. Who was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell, and on the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.
The holy catholic Church.
The Communion of Saints.
The forgiveness of sins.
The resurrection of the body.
And the life everlasting.
Amen.

Against this there is no power in all of creation that can stand against it. It is the truth of God. It is our shield. For Christ is our Rock, our Refuge, our Strong Tower.

Take refuge in Him.

-CryptoLutheran

I don't go to church. They don't teach the true Gospel on Hell. They itch the tickling ears.

Or so I've heard.

I like talking to you guys. You have your heads on straight so when I want questions answered, I go to Christ first, and then you guys. Thank you for listening to me. I'm still a baby Christian, I'm still drinking milk.

• Friendly
Reactions: gentlejah
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't go to church. They don't teach the true Gospel on Hell. They itch the tickling ears.

Not all Churches and the Bible enjoins us to be a part of a Church body. In these times that is not easy but you can always connect a Church and see if they have services online for you to see. This forum can not substitute for a Church.

There is no and never will be a gospel on Hell and a Christian should not occupy their time with Hell but with Christ and as you describe yourself as a baby Christian it is so important to place your focus on Christ and getting a Church home where when this mess is over you can receive the Sacraments and the Word

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

Or so I've heard.

There's no such thing as "the true Gospel on Hell". That would in fact be a complete oxymoron. Think about it, the word gospel means "good news". What exactly is the "good news on hell"?

No. The Good News is that God so loved the world that He sent His only-begotten Son. God has, and is, saving the world. For Christ lived, suffered, died, rose again, is seated at the right hand of the Father, and will come again. Christ defeated sin, death, hell, and the devil. That's the Gospel.

Your sins are forgiven, that's the good news.
You have peace with God, that's the good news.
You have eternal life with the Lord, that's the good news.

This is why going to church is important. You'll hear the Gospel being preached. You'll hear God's word.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0