1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How should we then live concerning gays?

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by Gareb, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theofane

Theofane Guest

+0
    The gays don't recruit. Not like we do.

2. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    Will and Grace isn't recruiting? Glee isn't recruiting? Gay pride parades aren't recruiting? Attempting to pass gay marriage laws isn't trying to codify their evil lifestyle isn't recruiting?

Everything gays do in the public square is focused on luring more and more participants into their debauchery. The devil loves company and these devils more than most. As I've said many times, this and the rest of the liberal left agenda is only Satan's agenda in a thin disguise.

3. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    Gay behavior is natural, blame God for creating LGBT types. Oh, God doesn't make mistakes does it, so blame the creation for being created. What a load of junk, a cure for LGBT.

Gluttony? Bet you could come up with a list of sins, why not just blame it all on original sin, it's convenient and nobody has to think.

4. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    Oh, I get it, when Scripture is silent, just make something up by perverting a verse or two, right?
    Plus, I have no idea why you didn't enjoy my linked article. It mentioned the bed of Sodom, plus, a Rabbi may know more about the OT than folks on this board. Or are you afraid of seeing in a different light.
    After centuries of misinterpretations and misrepresentations from the pulpit, I tend to look for accurate information. And it appears that the old story of Sodom and Gomorrah has been twisted and mutilated to place blame on the homosexual.

5. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    "It?" If by "it," you mean the Lord God, the Father, the Creator, the root and the vine, the beginning and the end, the most feared and respected name? Then no, he doesn't make mistakes. He makes challenges, he makes obstacles and he makes provisions. Worry less about what "mistakes" you think God's making and more about the right and wrong he teaches.

All will be revealed soon enough. I'll wait till then to see if you still have the audacity to judge God.

Yes, there are a whole long list of sins. Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy and Pride are a list often touted. The Jews list 613 laws, so one might assume there are at least 613 other sins. The difference is that good Christian's who commit those sins are ashamed and remorseful.

The gays are not.

6. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    lol, I think I'll be Gay today and switch back tomorrow.^_^

7. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0

8. jpcedotal

jpcedotal Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style

+213
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    How should we then live concerning gays?

like we live concerning all sinners...we gotta quit putting folks in boxes.

9. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    Quoting from your article: Isaiah 3-8,9 "because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD,... and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not."

I'm suggesting gays and gay supporters stop saying evil is good. Stop exalting evil. Hide it in shame as your article and the bible direct. Be ashamed as the glutton, the adulterer and the murderer. All sinners. All ashamed. Except the gay. The gay revels in his sin.

This might not be a problem except that modern society has bought into this exaltation and is codifying this sin with laws that do just what Isaiah said not to do - declaring sin and hiding it not. And we all know the result. Not one stone left upon another.

We're supposed to learn from history. If we think America is too big and powerful to be brought down, we better think again. God will turn America into dust in a nanosecond, as he did with Sodom. He's warning us by making us the borrower and not the lender, the tail and not the head. We have every opportunity to make this right. It's entirely our choice. Our choice to shun the evil, our choice to reject gay marriage laws and our choice to speak out against gay behavior.

I'm not saying to persecute gays. Not advocating passing laws to jail them. I'm simply saying they should show the same shamefulness gluttons, adulterers and murderers show. I'm saying we should help them in that endeavor and that we condemn ourselves by voting for gay marriage.

10. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    The deer did not eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The deer was not created in God's image.

11. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    I'm suggesting that homophobes give it a rest.

12. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    really? What about the blonde male being ashamed of being blonde. Got anything for that? Point is, stop feeling ashamed, that's nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    :amen: They are trying hard to normalize that which God says is sinful. That's why they try to paint this picture of they are just like everybody else.

Only in the picture they paint they aren't like everybody else because they want you to believe their sin is not sin.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    Sin is NOT natural. Sin misses the mark of what is natural. Man was created to naturally worship God and be in fellowship with Him not to sin against Him.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    After centuries of God's unchanging truth, you like every other liberal, is looking to gather enough cohorts to agree with you so that you feel just in changing Scripture.

So y'all can throw up all the links you want. God has spoken on the issue and all the naysaying is as clanging cymbals.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

+389
    Baptist
    Single
    It's the anti-Christs who need to give it a rest.

17. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    yes, I know the song and dance zaac. You say homosexuals are a sin, I say they are not.

This is just another 'homophobia' thread. Take a look, how many Homosexual threads do we need, must be the homophobes are running scared.

18. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0
    right, so why don't you?

19. Respecthelect

Respecthelect Elder

+22
    Christian
    Single
    I didn't say the only things to be ashamed of are sins, rather that one should be ashamed of sin, including gay behavior. It's a free country. Be ashamed of blonde hair, if you want. Be ashamed of your pink car or your bad landscaping, idc. But, be ashamed of sin, for sure. Don't exalt it and ask us to exalt it with you.

If one doesn't cut the grass for a week, the whole neighborhood is after them. Another comes out of the closet and they're some sort of hero. This sort of thinking won't end well for us. Shun the gays, stand up and say it's bad behavior and make it clear Christian's (and hopefully soon everyone) doesn't appreciate the sinfully bad behavior either.

When gay behavior is better than longish grass, we're in big trouble.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  20. Lovely Lane

Lovely Lane Guest

+0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.