How should we respond to Justin Peters' challenge to modern prophets?

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Who is Justin Peters

From https://justinpeters.org/:

Justin Peters Ministries is a worldwide expository preaching and teaching ministry. We focus on teaching the sufficiency of God's word and exposing the false teachings of the prosperity, health and wealth gospel. Justin preaches a gospel deeply rooted in the sufficiency of scripture.

Justin Peters is an evangelist committed not only to the inerrancy of God’s Word but also its sufficiency. The ministry exists to evangelize the lost and equip believers with the tools needed to deepen their understanding of scripture and their love for Christ. In all things Soli Deo Gloria (Romans 11:36).​

About Justin Peters' YouTube channel (155K subscribers):

My YouTube channel exists to glorify God through the teaching and preaching of His word. When our knowledge of God is deepened, our love for God is deepened (Philippians 1:9). It is my desire to both "teach sound doctrine and refute those who contradict" per Titus 1:9. Though none of us does it perfectly, I strive to speak the truth and to speak it in love (Ephesians 4:15).​

The Challenge

On April 20, 2022, Justin Peters Ministries uploaded a video titled My Open Challenge To the Charismatic Prophets: Here's Your Big Chance To Prove Me Wrong! (link).

This website quotes Justin Peters' challenge in written form:

I want to give you a chance, not only to redeem yourself, but also to embarrass me. All of you know I’ve been, I’ve been pretty hard on you, rightly so I think, pointing out…your complete and total prophetic faceplant over the last two years, like over and over and over and over and over and over.

So, here’s your chance to redeem yourself and to prove me wrong. Embarrass me. Okay? Embarrass this old fuddy-duddy of a cessasionist. All right, here’s my challenge. The war is raging in Ukraine. I want any one of you between now -I’m recording this on the evening of April the 20th 2022-… and May 1, that gives you about 10 days. That’s plenty of time to either shoot up to heaven, or just start engaging God in a conversation I want you to ask him, “how’s the war in Ukraine going to end?”

I want you sometime between now and May 1 put up a video timestamp so it can be verified and all that good stuff. I want to see it. You tag me on it. Hey, if you take me up on this challenge, word will get around and I’ll know about it, believe me, I’ll know about it.

So you put up your video and you tell me, you tell all of us, when is the war going to end and how is it going to end? Who’s going to win this war? Is it going to be Russia or is it going to be Ukraine? Or is there going to be some kind of a settled peace maybe where Russia gets the Donbas region and Ukraine maintains its sovereignty? How’s this thing going to end? Okay, be specific. How is it going to end and when is it going to end?”

Peters then goes on to offer them generous terms. They don’t even have to give him a specific date, but can give him a two-week timeframe “ie second half of October, the first half of August.”

Calling out several prophets by name, from Kris Vallaton to Troy Black to Kat Kerr, he notes that they claim to be in constant regular, face-to-face contact with God and many like Kerr claim to be constantly visiting heaven to get their daily download. Kerr claimed just the other day that God has told her what color of outfits she needs to start wearing, and some have even said that God tells them what kind of toothpaste to use, so even one of them must have some insight into this major global event, right? Surely one of them might have heard something about it in their daily discourses with the Lord, right? Right?

The gauntlet has been thrown down, with Petes the Elijah figure to these 450 prophets of Baal.

Let’s see what they come up with.​

Question

How should we respond?

Appendix - Screenshot

Reactions: TedT

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The timeframe window closed like a month ago, so there's no need for a response.

Sure, but in general, to his general skepticism. The challenge is just one example. @Oscarr always brings up Justin Peters when he argues against current prophets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who is Justin Peters

Justin Peters Ministries is a worldwide expository preaching and teaching ministry. We focus on teaching the sufficiency of God's word and exposing the false teachings of the prosperity, health and wealth gospel. Justin preaches a gospel deeply rooted in the sufficiency of scripture.

Justin Peters is an evangelist committed not only to the inerrancy of God’s Word but also its sufficiency. The ministry exists to evangelize the lost and equip believers with the tools needed to deepen their understanding of scripture and their love for Christ. In all things Soli Deo Gloria (Romans 11:36).​

My YouTube channel exists to glorify God through the teaching and preaching of His word. When our knowledge of God is deepened, our love for God is deepened (Philippians 1:9). It is my desire to both "teach sound doctrine and refute those who contradict" per Titus 1:9. Though none of us does it perfectly, I strive to speak the truth and to speak it in love (Ephesians 4:15).​

The Challenge

On April 20, 2022, Justin Peters Ministries uploaded a video titled My Open Challenge To the Charismatic Prophets: Here's Your Big Chance To Prove Me Wrong! (link).

I want to give you a chance, not only to redeem yourself, but also to embarrass me. All of you know I’ve been, I’ve been pretty hard on you, rightly so I think, pointing out…your complete and total prophetic faceplant over the last two years, like over and over and over and over and over and over.

So, here’s your chance to redeem yourself and to prove me wrong. Embarrass me. Okay? Embarrass this old fuddy-duddy of a cessasionist. All right, here’s my challenge. The war is raging in Ukraine. I want any one of you between now -I’m recording this on the evening of April the 20th 2022-… and May 1, that gives you about 10 days. That’s plenty of time to either shoot up to heaven, or just start engaging God in a conversation I want you to ask him, “how’s the war in Ukraine going to end?”

I want you sometime between now and May 1 put up a video timestamp so it can be verified and all that good stuff. I want to see it. You tag me on it. Hey, if you take me up on this challenge, word will get around and I’ll know about it, believe me, I’ll know about it.

So you put up your video and you tell me, you tell all of us, when is the war going to end and how is it going to end? Who’s going to win this war? Is it going to be Russia or is it going to be Ukraine? Or is there going to be some kind of a settled peace maybe where Russia gets the Donbas region and Ukraine maintains its sovereignty? How’s this thing going to end? Okay, be specific. How is it going to end and when is it going to end?”
Peters then goes on to offer them generous terms. They don’t even have to give him a specific date, but can give him a two-week timeframe “ie second half of October, the first half of August.”

Calling out several prophets by name, from Kris Vallaton to Troy Black to Kat Kerr, he notes that they claim to be in constant regular, face-to-face contact with God and many like Kerr claim to be constantly visiting heaven to get their daily download. Kerr claimed just the other day that God has told her what color of outfits she needs to start wearing, and some have even said that God tells them what kind of toothpaste to use, so even one of them must have some insight into this major global event, right? Surely one of them might have heard something about it in their daily discourses with the Lord, right? Right?

The gauntlet has been thrown down, with Petes the Elijah figure to these 450 prophets of Baal.

Question

How should we respond?

Appendix - Screenshot

I like him even though he is a Cessationist Calvinist. He exposes a lot of charlatans, Charismatics are not willing to do. Discernment is lacking in some of the circles. Someone's got to reason. Blessings.

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like him even though he is a Cessationist Calvinist. He exposes a lot of charlatans, Charismatics are not willing to do. Discernment is lacking in some of the circles. Someone's got to reason. Blessings.

Do you believe there are genuine prophets today?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure! They are not on YouTube though. They service their congregations and are never ever wrong. Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I already did. By posting this thread.

Thank you for clarifying your intent ... which was, apparently, just 'to inform' this forum of this man's challenge to the Charismatic/Pentecostal community.

Because you posed a question to us in your post, I thought you were looking for some mutual discussion on the Justin Peters' challenge. Sorry, my misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ignore him. I now about him and what he believes and why. If one wanted to debate be one thing but on this subject he is by far no expert at all. Same with the gifts. He loves the lord praise God

"genuine prophets today" yes. You just wont find most of them on youtube :) If they miss they tell you upfront then seek pray to find out where why they got it wrong. Yet they are not mostly wrong but right. Remember OT they were not false because they always got it wrong. No no they were false because God never spoke to them. There is no prophet that never gets it wrong lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, and like others said on here, they are not on youtube. They value their relationship with GOD too much to compromise it that way.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guess he considers his challenge truth in love. Not how I view it. Dont know him but he is revealing that he lacks basic understanding of God's prophets and prophesy. At this point, seems an example of causing division (Rom 16:17). He says he presents the entire Word while he rejects portions such as the manifestation of the spiritual gifts (I Cor 12).

How to respond? Asks the Lord to help him.

and me since think it would be great for the Lord to call him as a prophet.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruthSeek3r
Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is best not to respond to such people, and a worry if anyone does, so there should be a rule in church not to openly discuss their ideas, and have a way of warning people if you are a preacher, as to why as fast as possible to just drop the subject.

So there is a church called Hillsong, and when such people come along to hear a preaching, they've already decided to heckle, at then end they ask a question, but they are not seekers, so the auto-reply is, "What is your motive in asking me that question?"

Lastly I think political prophecy very much ended with the death of Malachi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a wicked and perverse generation that seeks a sign (or prophecy). This applies to people that demand "proof" of God's calling and work. I don't expect a cessationist to understand real prophets can't make God speak. I hope this exposed a lot of false prophets but the very existence of false prophets means there are real ones.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Question

How should we respond?

The man and other 'discernment' ministries set them selves up as resident experts accountable to only themselves. They seem to exist only to argue and confront. Read it in his text:

I want to give you a chance, not only to redeem yourself, but also to embarrass me.

So, here’s your chance to redeem yourself and to prove me wrong. Embarrass me. Okay? Embarrass this old fuddy-duddy of a cessasionist.
Sounds like a school boy on the play ground daring someone he sees as weak to knock the chip off his shoulder. Why even respond to such a juvenile challenge. How about nanny nanny boo boo stick your head in doo doo as an in kind response?

Question:

Has he ever issued an apology or changed his mind the number of times he has been responded to? The answer is no. He seems to thrive off controversy.

Want some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=jew+and+greek+justin+peters

Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them

In short, for me personally, I am just too busy seeing people saved, filled with the Holy Spirit and healed to waste my time with someone like him.

Look at his website:

https://justinpeters.org/

And you will see that the sum total of his ministry is opposing Charismatics.

That is my .02

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How should we respond?
___

I guess those with verified true prophecies should send the details to him. If he's sincere and sees evidence then he should amend what he's been saying.

"If I do his work, believe in the evidence of the miraculous works I have done, even if you don’t believe me. Then you will know and understand that the Father is in me, and I am in the Father.” (John 10:38)

The evidence of the miraculous works causes people to believe. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who is Justin Peters

The Challenge

Question

How should we respond?

Appendix - Screenshot

If your first goal in ministry is anything other than seeing souls saved...then you're doing it wrong.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm just curious, do we have Charismatic ministers that have on their website that the purpose of their ministry is to correct what they deem false doctrine in the Cessationist circles?

Upvote 0