otto90

Sep 17, 2011
Lithuania Northern Europe
✟10,999.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
How can I live a christian life that I could really have this close relationship with Jesus daily.
I go to church each sunday,but I am a catholic so sometimes its difficult because there is no community that I could meet other christians. I used to go to youth groups ,but now I am 28 so i don't feel its place for me,because most people my age are married or I just don't feel comfortable to go there. I pray twice a day morning and evening,but I feel its not enough to have close relationship with Jesus. What can I do more.. Should i pray longer or what?

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gods word is His voice to us. Study the scriptures on your own and read in a state of prayer. you will be amazed at the promises that are in their as well as the instruction for Godly living by showing us the things we need to eliminate in our lives and the things we should ad to them. This is where you need to be prepared for radical obedience to the things you discover. Psalm 1 is a psalm that captures this idea perfectly.

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.
4 The ungodly are not so,
But are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,
But the way of the ungodly shall perish.

try reading this psalm and meditating on it in prayer and begin to be a psalm 1 guy. Note the psalm promises blessings for the one who does not do 3 things and the 3 things are seen as progressing. Walking, then standing then finally sitting, This bad list is contrasted with the things you should do, meditatiing day and night on God's law or word. This course of action promises blessing like a tree by rivers of water. Then comes the sobering part of the judgment how the ungodly wont stand in it. This is really two courses you are either on one or the other.

Reactions: otto90
Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can I live a christian life that I could really have this close relationship with Jesus daily.
I go to church each sunday,but I am a catholic so sometimes its difficult because there is no community that I could meet other christians. I used to go to youth groups ,but now I am 28 so i don't feel its place for me,because most people my age are married or I just don't feel comfortable to go there. I pray twice a day morning and evening,but I feel its not enough to have close relationship with Jesus. What can I do more.. Should i pray longer or what?

Resting and sitting in him, being still. Resting in the finished works of our Lord Jesus.
Mediating on scripture of his story and the NT. Then finding a small bible study who you might be able to connect to.

Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You have to walk the path that Jesus has walked. Relationship with Jesus is not just uttering the same words He uttered but also doing the things He did with the same spirit. And what did Jesus spend time doing? He went out and talked to people, he formed bonds, created disciples, helped the lost. He even broke bread with people, whether or not they were worthy to sit with Him based on society. He shared what the Father revealed to him whether through private teachings or in parables to the masses. Faith is made alive through action.

Think about it, how many of your friendships and family relationship survive only through talking? Not many. You also form bonds and understanding of one another through shared experiences. This is what seems missing, and what you're running away from. There's plenty of things to do in Christiandom, and maybe it takes going to another assembly, or just going to an event, or maybe it takes you being brave and bonding with those around you no matter their stage.

Pray to God that He gives you the tools to share the same love He gave to you to someone else. Pray that He gives you an opportunity to do so. Pray for the courage and strength to do it and not shy away.And then go out and do it! Even for one other person. The Words He left is with purpose and encourages us to take action in faith and apply what we are taught in the scriptures. It's not comfortable to do, but if your desire is to not be stagnant with your relationship with God, it requires you not to be stagnant with the life He gives you and the people He puts in your path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0