Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The chaos is edging dangerously close to civil war.

June 3, 2020 (LifeSiteNews) — “The mob should be the simplest element of humanity, because it is the deepest; it is the sub-consciousness of society,” G.K. Chesterton once wrote. “That is why it rises so rarely to the surface; and that is why, when it does rise, it is as awful as the unveiling of a god.”

The chilling truth in Chesterton’s statement is being made manifest in over thirty cities across America as looting, rioting, and violence rage night after night in response to the murder of George Floyd, who died on the pavement as a Minneapolis police officer crushed his neck with an unyielding knee. First there were protests of genuine outrage and cries for justice. Now, with the officer arrested and charged with murder, the protests have turned into something different. Heartbreaking videos of protesters begging rioters to stop smashing store windows, to stop looting, to stop destroying are circulating on Twitter — but the vandals carry on.

Continued below.
How rioters and vandals are using George Floyd’s murder to destroy America

Last edited:

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
posts deleted - faith group vio.png

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is unfortunate that the relations between blacks and whites has taken a step away from community lately.

I had not thought much of this recently, because I live in a mixed neighborhood. I was allowed to move in because of real estate laws which allows the desegregation of neighborhoods.
I was careful to introduce myself to my close neighbors, and to reassure them of my friendly intents when I moved in, and found some new friends in the process.
That friendly mood evaporated overnight this week.

As I drove down my street this morning, the yellow traffic signs were in evidence, announcing that there would be slight delays for one way traffic due to ongoing road construction. This has been happening for 3 weeks now, as the roads are being resurfaced, so we are used to it.

But this morning the attitude was different.
The road crew was openly defiant, almost daring me to come too close to them while I was in my car. I got through the detour, but not without openly hostile looks; something that hadn't happened before.

So yes, tomorrow I will be taking a circular route around the construction, because my safety is important to me.:(

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is unfortunate that the relations between blacks and whites has taken a step away from community lately.

I had not thought much of this recently, because I live in a mixed neighborhood. I was allowed to move in because of real estate laws which allows the desegregation of neighborhoods.
I was careful to introduce myself to my close neighbors, and to reassure them of my friendly intents when I moved in, and found some new friends in the process.

As I drove down my street this morning, the yellow traffic signs were in evidence, announcing that there would be slight delays for one way traffic due to ongoing road construction. This has been happening for 3 weeks now, as the roads are being resurfaced, so we are used to it.

The road crew was openly defiant, almost daring me to come too close to them while I was in my car. I got through the detour, but not without openly hostile looks; something that hadn't happened before.

So yes, tomorrow I will be taking a circular route around the construction, because my safety is important to me.:(
I’m so sorry. :(

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Sorry to hear this.

Upvote 0