Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What was the goal of every BLM/Antifa member who was there? It wasn't even their protest, so why were they attending? Although it was their lawful right to be in the area, their motivations for attending are a cause for concern. If I recall correctly, one of the BLM/Antifa members arrested for storming the Capitol stated that they were there to record and document what was happening, despite the fact that they didn't appear to have any credentials to support being a bona fide, professional journalist.

Maybe this will help explain:

"His true motives have already been called into question by leftist activist groups online, including Rebellion Baby, which tweeted an extensive takedown accusing him of being an “infiltrator/agent provocateur.”

“John has been kicked from the #SaltLakeCity and #Portland protest scenes due to alarming behaviors including grifting/profiteering, self-promotion/clout chasing, sabotage of community actions, threats of violence, and — maybe most disturbingly — ties to the far-right,” the group tweeted on Nov. 26."

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/who-is-john-sullivan-accused-provocateur-charged-in-capitol-riot/

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
That looks like a picture of people standing outside the Capitol. Is standing outside the Capitol, with a Trump 2020 flag, while wearing a MAGA cap, a crime?

They had to get past the police barricades to get there, so yeah, I'm fairly certain it was. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe that, if you have to burst past a police barricade to get to a certain place, it's generally considered illegal for you to be in that area.

But hey - I can play that. I'll ignore the sea of humanity swarming the Capital Building like ants over a steak that fell on their hill, and limit myself to pictures taken inside the building. I'll ignore the people hanging signs on the property and breaking windows and trying to climb the walls for some stupid reason.

34f91ae9-de6b-4279-a989-cfea4628a756

A small number?

file-20210107-23-mqzh11.jpg

A small number?

df05449b-c9ff-4314-85de-d87de25e1ac2-AFP_AFP_8YA6YG.jpg

A small number?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Indeed, BLM, Antifa and others planned to incite and agitate the crowd of Trump supporters to breach the Capital. Many dresses as Trump supporters were bused in, and gates were opened up for them, including John Sullivan bragging about his Trump "disguise" on video, and they got caught. No amount of censorship or lies told via MSM is going to change the outcome for these so called "activists".

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, BLM, Antifa and others planned to incite and agitate the crowd of Trump supporters to breach the Capital. Many dresses as Trump supporters were bused in, and gates were opened up for them, including John Sullivan bragging about his Trump "disguise" on video, and they got caught. No amount of censorship or lies told via MSM is going to change the outcome for these so called "activists".

Do you have a source...besides alex jones or qanon? As noted above ... Who is John Sullivan, accused provocateur charged in Capitol riot? (nypost.com)

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
No amount of censorship or lies told via MSM is going to change the outcome for these so called "activists".
So how many of these bussed in people have been arrested? Because the arrests so far are easy to find, and as near as I can tell, they’ve pretty much all been Trump supporters.

Any pictures of these buses? Because a lot of pictures of the event were taken. Lots of video. But strangely, no one seemed to notice these packed buses of Antifa/BLM members until after the event.

By the way, curious - do you still think Joe Biden isn’t going to be president in three days?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How Republicans Are Warping Reality Around the Capitol Attack

In one of the ultimate don’t-believe-your-eyes moments of the Trump era, these Republicans have retreated to the ranks of misinformation, claiming it was Black Lives Matter protesters and far-left groups like antifa who stormed the Capitol — in spite of the pro-Trump flags and QAnon symbology in the crowd. Others have argued that the attack was no worse than the rioting and looting in cities during the Black Lives Matter movement, often exaggerating the unrest last summer while minimizing a mob’s attempt to overturn an election.
I mean, this should be no surprise to people here, but the interesting part is that it is part of a coordinated strategy. Just more evidence that the GOP is complicit in this whole mess.
It's not their fault though. I view several news sources from left to right and the bubble they live in feeds a different reality. If I only watched these news sources, listen to false prophets on YouTube, attended congregations who have a political agenda and surrounded myself with like minded people, there is no doubt I would be warped as well. We will never turn the tide on this monster of deception because we need to approach the problem with more compassion. It starts with the people we love. I encourage those who are experiencing this struggle with loved ones to pray, equip and engage with a compassionate approach. They are hurting and are scared. Be blessed.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It's not their fault though. I view several news sources from left to right and the bubble they live in feeds a different reality. If I only watched these news sources, listen to false prophets on YouTube, attended congregations who have a political agenda and surrounded myself with like minded people, there is no doubt I would be warped as well. We will never turn the tide on this monster of deception because we need to approach the problem with more compassion. It starts with the people we love. I encourage those who are experiencing this struggle with loved ones to pray, equip and engage with a compassionate approach. They are hurting and are scared. Be blessed.

It's a shame how people continue to believe in this garbage, and we can even see it here all over CF, and maybe even especially here all over CF considering to the great extent U.S. Christianity has been saturated with Christian Nationalism to the point where too many can't seem to understand the difference between being a Christ-follower and the doctrine of American exceptionalism. It didn't start with Trump. Trump is simply the loud and unfortunate result of what has already been going on more subtly for decades, particularly within the GOP but also elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ultra nonsense. Christianity and politics in America is hand/glove. Politics being the hand more often than not.
Could you please point me to the godly discussion on this thread. I can't seem to find it.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! Yet the double standard continues. :rolleyes:
It is funny how quickly people scream "whataboutism" when you point out the blatant hypocrisy that makes it impossible to take them seriously on this issue.

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Could you please point me to the godly discussion on this thread. I can't seem to find it.
You left some fingerprints on that goalpost:

Nothing in the "American Politics" threads has anything to do with God or Christianity. Unless it is intended to mock them. Welcome to the forum because you must be new.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You left some fingerprints on that goalpost:
Okay...show me anything on the American politics threads that is remotely edifying to Christianity that isnt somebody defending traditional Christian values from mockery.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Okay...show me anything on the American politics threads that is remotely edifying to Christianity that isnt somebody defending traditional Christian values from mockery.
Just for one example,: anytime we discuss abortion in the politics section, that has everyting to do with Christianity in America. I mean abortion politics is a powerful Christian motivation, with Christians framing the issue in explicitly religious terms.

I dont see how this is even remotely controversial.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Show us something edifying to Christianity which is being mocked.. For example, we have running now a thread encouraging us to pray in Christ's name for a miracle to allow Trump to continue in office. One of the responses to that OP equated Trump's removal from office with the persecution of Christians. Neither post was particularly edifying to Christianity and as far as I am aware, neither was mocked. Have you got a getter example?

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,126.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, BLM, Antifa and others planned to incite and agitate the crowd of Trump supporters to breach the Capital.

Oh? Where did they plan this? Link us to your evidence.

Many dresses as Trump supporters were bused in, and gates were opened up for them, including John Sullivan bragging about his Trump "disguise" on video, and they got caught. No amount of censorship or lies told via MSM is going to change the outcome for these so called "activists".

So let me make sure I have your claim correct. You are saying that a few antifa whipping up the crowed was all it took to get Trump supporters to storm the capital? So it only takes the simple suggestion to breach the capital building and Trump supporters are all in? However Trump giving a speech before this could not of incited it? Seems to be a bit of a discrepancy here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,281.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So it only takes the simple suggestion to breach the capital building and Trump supporters are all in?
Many milled about the Rotunda even staying within the velvet rope barriers like a bunch of tourists thinking they were let in to have their voices heard, while a handful went wild (most gaining access by other means).Of course the belligerent who had no business acting tin that manner would be used to make a political point and give the impression of insurrection. But it won't be long before the true motives of these who would manipulate truth to their advantage will be shown for who they are. Stay tuned. The worst is yet to come.

Upvote 0