How Republicans Are Warping Reality Around the Capitol Attack

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Aw man I’m so glad I’m from the UK, I don’t understand any of this or what it means in relation to God and Christianity
Welcome to the "american politics discussions" forum.

If I were you, I'd pick a different spot to learn the basics, if you're interested.

If you're not, what are you doing here in the first place?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Those of both sides who play this divisive game are the warpers of society and reality as they add their own concepts to the frey. They will both be set back to simmer now that their need for votes has been placated for another four years, although the politicians may have made them a little more rabid than usual this time around. Sheep.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟247,292.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Burning down businesses, burning a police station, rioting, looting, murder, anarchy all amounted to a huge loss and a very large number of victims, thanks to BLM and Antifa. The cost of the mob at the capitol was some broken furniture, broken windows and a few wounded and killed protesters. There's no comparison. The BLM looters were worse.
"The cost of the mob at the capitol was" Also the impeachment of a president, the removal of social media accounts from that president, the instigation and deployment of 10s of thousands of national guard into the Capitol.

Many BLM protests were peaceful.
BLM and Antifa are different groups.
Most BLM members/supporters did not riot or loot.

The biggest issue with the insurrection is that it was fed and encouraged by the president of the USA. Which is very shocking stuff
If the president had been leading and encouraging BLM protests which turned into riots then this too would be a big issue. But that didn't happen.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's more that conservatives blindly follow the script once it has been handed to them. That's why they all started to call liberals "NPCs" for a few months.
Hmmm. I live on the eastern seaboard and I have never heard the term.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The cost of the mob at the capitol was" Also the impeachment of a president, the removal of social media accounts from that president, the instigation and deployment of 10s of thousands of national guard into the Capitol.
Many BLM protests were peaceful.
BLM and Antifa are different groups.
Most BLM members/supporters did not riot or loot.
The biggest issue with the insurrection is that it was fed and encouraged by the president of the USA. Which is very shocking stuff
If the president had been leading and encouraging BLM protests which turned into riots then this too would be a big issue. But that didn't happen.
Strange that people from half a world away presume to know more about American politics than lifelong Americans.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I am retired x 3, my office is an easy chair. I am on the internet every day. I've not heard or seen it.
Well, count yourself lucky. It was pretty cringy.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Doing the work" is finding out what DoJ says and who they indict. It's not rummaging around the internet until you find someone who says what you want to hear.
Stages of Denial:
1. 'It was 100% Trump supporters'.
2. 'There was only one BLM/Antifa activist'.
3. 'There were a few BLM/Antifa activists, but most were Trump supporters'.
4. ~Crickets~ (After it emerges that the whole thing was orchestrated by BLM/Antifa, and a small number of foolish Trump supporters followed them into the Capitol).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟488,901.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Stages of Denial:
1. 'It was 100% Trump supporters'.
2. 'There was only one BLM/Antifa activist'.
3. 'There were a few BLM/Antifa activists, but most were Trump supporters'.
4. ~Crickets~ (After it emerges that the whole thing was orchestrated by BLM/Antifa, and a small number of foolish Trump supporters followed them into the Capitol).
I don't see the point of discussing your alternate facts.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟247,292.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Strange that people from half a world away presume to know more about American politics than lifelong Americans.
I have never claimed to know more about American politics than all USA folk.

Much of what goes on in USA is publically available via News channels, youtube and internet publications.
I presume many Americans also get their information from these sources rather than running around the streets and experiencing everything first hand.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Much of what goes on in USA is publically available via News channels, youtube and internet publications.
It's entertainment and we get to see first hand because many were too young or not born how the Soviet Union operated with it's military in the streets and policing of the people with crude technology and neighbour informants. It was only a few short years ago the US used to mock those ways and days. Who knew they would give in.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
In any case, if I recall correctly, there have already been reports of other Capitol rioters who turned out to be Antifa/BLM types.

Do you remember correctly?

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But to be fair and honest, his language about the election being stolen probably cost us 2 Senate seats in Georgia and gave some people the false sense that it was justifiable to storm past police barricades and take over the Capitol.
Thank you. An honest sentance.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never claimed to know more about American politics than all USA folk.
I presume many Americans also get their information from these sources rather than running around the streets and experiencing everything first hand.
Much of what the far left leaning "main stream media" wants to make known. E.g. the phony Russian dossier, the collusion charges etc.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟433,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How Republicans Are Warping Reality Around the Capitol Attack

In one of the ultimate don’t-believe-your-eyes moments of the Trump era, these Republicans have retreated to the ranks of misinformation, claiming it was Black Lives Matter protesters and far-left groups like antifa who stormed the Capitol — in spite of the pro-Trump flags and QAnon symbology in the crowd. Others have argued that the attack was no worse than the rioting and looting in cities during the Black Lives Matter movement, often exaggerating the unrest last summer while minimizing a mob’s attempt to overturn an election.
I mean, this should be no surprise to people here, but the interesting part is that it is part of a coordinated strategy. Just more evidence that the GOP is complicit in this whole mess.

It shouldn't be a surprise....they pulled this move right out of the Democrat politicians' playbook.

State and Local leaders say most damage not caused by locals | kare11.com

It's a simple lie really....find a couple of perpetrators from the other side, blame all the damage on them.

We watched Democrats do this for months. They'd find a boogaloo here, a white supremacist there....and pretend that the hordes of BLM and Antifa activists burning and looting were innocent.

I agree that this is a low down deceitful tactic...but you can't blame them for trying. We watched many people buy the exact same lies for months.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
....After it emerges that the whole thing was orchestrated by BLM/Antifa...
Yeah I'm in every stage of denial all at once re this gem.

Oh and its BLAntifa now, ever since the merger.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟247,292.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Stages of Denial:
1. 'It was 100% Trump supporters'. - Noone has ever made this claim
2. 'There was only one BLM/Antifa activist'. - Noone has ever made this claim
3. 'There were a few BLM/Antifa activists, but most were Trump supporters'. - Noone has made this claim, but this is probably the correct one
4. ~Crickets~ (After it emerges that the whole thing was orchestrated by BLM/Antifa, and a small number of foolish Trump supporters followed them into the Capitol).- Would be very interesting if this turns out to be true, seems unlikely though
Inline red comments are mine

Upvote 0