• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How Republicans Are Warping Reality Around the Capitol Attack

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by KCfromNC, Jan 17, 2021.

1. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,251
    Atheist
    Private
    How Republicans Are Warping Reality Around the Capitol Attack

In one of the ultimate don’t-believe-your-eyes moments of the Trump era, these Republicans have retreated to the ranks of misinformation, claiming it was Black Lives Matter protesters and far-left groups like antifa who stormed the Capitol — in spite of the pro-Trump flags and QAnon symbology in the crowd. Others have argued that the attack was no worse than the rioting and looting in cities during the Black Lives Matter movement, often exaggerating the unrest last summer while minimizing a mob’s attempt to overturn an election.
    I mean, this should be no surprise to people here, but the interesting part is that it is part of a coordinated strategy. Just more evidence that the GOP is complicit in this whole mess.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Akita Suggagaki

Akita Suggagaki Well-Known Member

+2,005
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Yes, I just spoke with my sister who tried to feed me that line.

3. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,314
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Kids, forget electrical engineering and mechanical engineering.

Biggest career opportunities are in counter-narrative engineering....in the US anyway. (We can just outsource all our mundane real-world engineering needs to India and China.)

4. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+3,480
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Whenever something “bad” happens it’s always going to be “the bad people” who do it.

This is actually a “good step” that the people who think “the bad people did this bad thing” because it at least gets totally away from the framing that the events of January 6th were “a good thing”, back when they were sure that “the good people” went to peacefully protest, (before “the BLM/ANTIFA showed up and ruined everything”).

Baby steps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,314
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Maybe.

Youre proposing a net positive result in the trade off between bad-values and reality-disconnect. For me, I cant say for certain which is worse.

6. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+682
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+2,462
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,314
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Pommer

+3,480
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    nm

10. JustSomeBloke

JustSomeBloke Well-Known Member Supporter

+682
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Can you prove he was the only one? You do realise that there's no check to make sure someone's a Republican or Trump supporter before letting people buy MAGA caps and Trump 2020 flags.

In any case, if I recall correctly, there have already been reports of other Capitol rioters who turned out to be Antifa/BLM types. There have also been reports of the rioters behaving in a coordinated way that is known to be used by Antifa/BLM. And that's before we get onto the timeline analysis that says the Capitol invasion began before Trump's speech ended.

This kind of information isn't exactly hard to find, and from that POV I can't even really be bothered to argue about it. If you want to just believe whatever narrative you've been spoonfed without doing any work to check it out, then that's entirely up to you.

11. Pommer

+3,480
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    BLM/ANTIFA are against Biden?

12. stevil

+2,462
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    I haven't made the claim that he is the only one.

<shock, horror>

OK.
    But what is it that you are claiming?
    Are you claiming that all or the majority of the insurrectors were either Antifa or BLM affiliated?

13. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,635
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    The BLM riots were much, much worse.

14. Lucille0

Lucille0 New Member

+23
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Aw man I’m so glad I’m from the UK, I don’t understand any of this or what it means in relation to God and Christianity

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. stevil

+2,462
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    Especially that one where the police attacked the peaceful protesters so that Trump could get his photo taken while holding up an upside-down bible outside a closed church.

As bad as that was, I don't think it was worse than an insurrection attempting to kidnap/kill congresspeople and overthrow a duly elected government.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  16. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,314
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    "Doing the work" is finding out what DoJ says and who they indict. It's not rummaging around the internet until you find someone who says what you want to hear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+2,635
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    Burning down businesses, burning a police station, rioting, looting, murder, anarchy all amounted to a huge loss and a very large number of victims, thanks to BLM and Antifa. The cost of the mob at the capitol was some broken furniture, broken windows and a few wounded and killed protesters. There's no comparison. The BLM looters were worse.

18. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,658
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    You're forgetting about the Capitol police officer who died.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Der Alte

Der Alte This is me about 1 yr. old. Supporter

+3,662
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    And this is from an Aussie bloke not a seppo who knows what many of us have known for a long time.

20. Nithavela

Nithavela Touch Fluffy Tail

+13,840
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think it's more that conservatives blindly follow the script once it has been handed to them. That's why they all started to call liberals "NPCs" for a few months.

21. The Ant

The Ant Active Member

+465
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Aussie??