• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How Phoenix Explains a Rise in Police Violence: It's the Civilians' Fault

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Dec 12, 2018.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+8,493
    Christian
    How Phoenix Explains a Rise in Police Violence: It's the Civilians' Fault

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ilovejcsog

ilovejcsog I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox

+829
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    Many people wear sun glasses that doesn't mean they are blind. It would not be obvious to me anyway. There are two sides to this story and only one is given. Since I can't post the other side I hope people will google the case. They blamed it on the citizens because citizens are fighting the police instead of respecting them. That is why things are getting out of hand.

3. SummerMadness

+8,493
    Christian
    Sure! Are you arguing the blind man read Braille on the police officer's uniform and started swinging? I'm guessing we should consult the police report to hear the amazing tale of a blind man gunning for a fight with a police officer in a public restroom. Relieving his bladder was not his intention.

4. JCFantasy23

JCFantasy23 In a Kingdom by the Sea. Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador Angels Team

+5,812
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Others
    Thankfully he didn't whip out the gun or tazer. The article's comments on other suspicious deaths and shootings are depressing, and make that not sound as unlikely as you'd think. I'm glad they dropped the charges on this man, and agree it sounds like the cop overreacted.

5. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,610
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Id say that any side that involves punching the blind is propably wrong.

6. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,800
    Pentecostal
    Well I do believe the cop wouldn't know the man was blind. Anymore than the blind man knew the cop was a cop. This is a case of a big mess.

7. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,610
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Was the cop blind, too?

8. SummerMadness

+8,493
    Christian
    Perhaps...

9. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,800
    Pentecostal
    I could be wrong here but I haven't seen the details of what occurred. Did the man have a blind persons walking cane? How was the cop supposed to know he was blind? How quickly did this go down? Did the cop push the guy back and the guy quickly swing at the cop? If that is the case it's pretty easy to see how the cop wouldn't immediately recognize the guy was blind.

10. Nithavela

Nithavela confused

+10,610
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Making this a typical case of a cop rushing into a situation with violence without taking his time or knowing what's going on.

Apparently he didn't have a can and felt his way against the wall. A cane isn't much use in a cramped space like a bathroom. But even if he had a cane, the policeman would have propably perceived it as a fighting stick, if not a gun in his panic.

11. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,415
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    However you want to speculate the initial situation went down, choosing to charge the guy with a felony after the fact is a jerky move and part of why so many people distrust the police.

12. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer Supporter

+1,795
    Atheist
    I'd've thought the old maxim "use your words" would've applied here.

13. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+13,819
    Christian
    Married
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  14. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+10,415
    United States
    Christian
    Married