How old were you when you first wen on the internet?

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My introduction to anything remotely resembling the Internet was the Digital Notesfile (an inter-company bulletin board, but it WAS world-wide) when I was about 23 or 24. As for the traditional Internet as we know it now, that was about 1994 - so I was 30 - but that was only at work. I didn't access it at home until 4 years later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was 14 or 15 when I discovered BBSes. As I recall, my parents weren't thrilled with the telephone bill that month. :sorry:

Around the same time, a few friends and I discovered a racing game called Stunt Driver. The coolest thing about it was that we could race each other via modem.

YouTube - Stunt Driver PC / DOS Game Review - Lazy Game Reviews

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It was the early part of 1998, because it was toward the end of 6th grade. So I would have been 12.

I've been around computers since I was 7, though. My mom had a DOS machine she'd gotten through a correspondence course, my elementary school had a handful of Apple II's and Macintoshes, and my grandfather had a Packard Bell that ran Windows 3.11 for a few years. We got a Win95 setup in 1995* - that computer is still functional, nearly 16 years later (although rarely used). Most of the Windows-based computers we used at school also ran 3.11 until I got to high school, although there were three or four Win98 machines in my 7th grade comp class.

*IIRC, it cost somewhere around $3-4K...Pentium (not sure which one, could have been the P54CS or P55C - either a Pentium-133 or Pentium-166), 16MB RAM, 4GB hard drive. It was this computer that I first used the Internet on, via AOL.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always been around computers but we got internet at home when I was 15. My Dad's work paid for the installation and monthly bill so that is the only reason we had it.

Before that, when we went with my Dad to work a few times a year, he would set us on a computer and we would surf the internet all we wanted. For me that meant about 2 hours on Amazon.com and then I was bored ^_^

Upvote 0

Spirit_Star

Dec 14, 2008
USA
✟8,107.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
hmmm it was probably 1996 or 1997 so 13 or 14. We didnt have a computer at the time, so I used the computer at m parent office sometimes we'd go in on weekends if they had to get some work done. I dont think we got a home computer until I was a junior or senior in high school

Upvote 0