May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
wisdomseeker said:
I am interested in knowing exactly how old the world is scientifically and biblical. Please help!

Here's a web site. I don't ask you to believe everything on it, but please DO keep an open mind, as ANY good scientist should, Creationist OR Evolutionist.

www.drjeckyl.com/CAM.asp

Btw, if you add the geneologies in the Bible, you get 6,000 years of Earth's history.

Reactions: Faith In God
Upvote 0

nvxplorer

Senior Contributor
Jun 17, 2005
✟20,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
GodsSamus said:
Here's a web site. I don't ask you to believe everything on it, but please DO keep an open mind, as ANY good scientist should, Creationist OR Evolutionist.

www.drjeckyl.com/CAM.asp

Btw, if you add the geneologies in the Bible, you get 6,000 years of Earth's history.
Do you really expect someone to take that site seriously? How can one have an open mind when the site presents falsehoods?

So what does this have to do with evolution? The theory of evolution claims that cosmic dust became so compressed into a single area that it began to spin. It heated up from spinning so fast and BANG! it exploded into what we now know to be the universe.

Upvote 0

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
GodsSamus said:

www.drjeckyl.com/CAM.asp

The angular momentum rebuttal does not work. The site is implying that the Big Bang means that the solar system and everything sprang fully formed from the initial expansion. This is not the case. Cosmology says that the stars and eventually the planets evolved over billions of years. The planets were formed from particles, planetoids, and such coalescing by their gravitational pulls. There was lots of junk flying around and pleanty of stuff that could have effected the spin of the planets. The Big Bang has nothing to do with their spin.

To answer the OP, the earth is approximately 4.5 billion years old.

Upvote 0
nvxplorer said:
Is this a reply or your pet name for a scientific theory?

You do realize evolution says nothing about the big bang? Why do you post links which spout lies?

Telling lies for God is acceptable. I think there's a clause in the commandment about bearing false witness that says something along the lines that if a lie increases the faith of the faithful it's OK.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GodsSamus

May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
wisdomseeker said:
Bibically if the world is six thousand years old than that would make dinosaurs being in existence before the world was created. How can this be?

Aren't you ASSUMING dinosaurs lived "millions of years ago"?

Upvote 0

GodsSamus

May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
nvxplorer said:
Is this a reply or your pet name for a scientific theory?

You do realize evolution says nothing about the big bang? Why do you post links which spout lies?

Then how did the universe come into existance without God unless there was a Big Bang?

Upvote 0
GodsSamus said:
The Big Bang's the Big Dud. It's foundational to Evolution, though.

Telling lies for God.

The Big Bang has exactly *nothing* to do with evolution. It has exactly the same relevance to ToE as it has to the design schematics for a dishwasher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnEmpiricalAgnostic

Agnostic by Fact, Atheist by Epiphany
May 25, 2005
South Florida
Visit site
✟11,486.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
wisdomseeker said:
Bibically if the world is six thousand years old than that would make dinosaurs being in existence before the world was created. How can this be?
It can’t, but that’s just one of many more problems you’ll have if you try to maintain the world is only 6000 years old. Of course you could just chalk all the evidence up to the EAC and call it a day, but you already strike me as a person that actually thinks. In that case, the EAC may not be a satisfying theory for you to maintain. ;)

Upvote 0

GodsSamus

May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Praxiteles said:
Telling lies for God.

The Big Bang has exactly *nothing* to do with evolution. It has exactly the same relevance to ToE as it has to the design schematics for a dishwasher.

Unless the Big Bang occured, why are we here? The atheists don't have a replacement theory based on REAL evidence.

Upvote 0

GodsSamus

May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
AnEmpiricalAgnostic said:
It can’t, but that’s just one of many more problems you’ll have if you try to maintain the world is only 6000 years old. Of course you could just chalk all the evidence up to the EAC and call it a day, but you already strike me as a person that actually thinks. In that case, the EAC may not be a satisfying theory for you to maintain. ;)

That's interesting. Why do we find dinosaur pictures on pottery unless we saw them?

Upvote 0

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
GodsSamus said:
The Big Bang's the Big Dud. It's foundational to Evolution, though.

Did you consider my response to the first page of that website? Either the authors have a very poor understanding of science or they're lying through their teeth.

Upvote 0

GodsSamus

May 3, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
✟15,804.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Battie said:
Did you consider my response to the first page of that website? Either the authors have a very poor understanding of science or they're lying through their teeth.

Or they are telling the truth and YOU are the one who's decieved.

Upvote 0