tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
??? Babel was working on Worm Hole Technology ??? Really !!!

It was jump technology, which includes other mechanisms of translational temporal travel. As I said, we are not the most advanced age by any stretch. The "migdal"/pyrimidal towers around the world, and their geometric and celestial placement (as well as architectural
construction, and use of elements for maximizing power siphoning - like the gold stripped from the tip of the Giza pyramids) should show this. Nothing is new under the sun; Migdal Bavel/Babel was not just a skyscraper.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Is the idea your opinion is well supported also an opinion, or fact?

While you're wresting semantics to submission, perhaps you could show how this line:

Genesis 11:6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Indicates that God, like you, was concerned that humans would fail in their endeavors...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And TLK: Genesis 11:4 uses the word "tower," which is "migdal" in Hebrew, which means a pyramidal the castle/tower/building.

Top is "ro'sh" in Hebrew, which means "chief, head(ship), and/or pinnacle.

So, with context the verse describing the Tower of Babel is describing something that would allow them to have headship/captainship up to and into the heavens. That isn't just a skyscraper; it was technology.

And we're supposed to believe this because...?

Was Jacob's Ladder just a ladder, or something else? You have to understand the context in Hebrew and culture, or else you will just deduce superficial conclusions that don't make any sense - especially given the circumstances.

This particular circumstance being a dream.... used by the Hebrews as a metaphorical tool...

But by all means, use it to support your warp technology...

We areally not anywhere near the most technologically advanced age that has lived. Not at all. But, there is nothing new under the sun, so I am sure when we try to begin another Stargate - err... "tower," we will revisit similar destruction, confusion and scattering as Babel (it is evident now because we already have rudimentary jump technology.)

You really believe that? Interesting.

And, MAD was for the people, bud. Mutually Assured Destruction is not the reason we have not destroyed ourselves yet. Politics and money is the reason.

...neither of which are of much use when you're dead.

But, again: just wait, and you will see.

I won't hold my breath...

Upvote 0

Derek Meyer

Feb 25, 2016
Pretoria
✟17,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that's just absurd... gold is a notoriously useless building material. It's soft, it's dense, it deforms, it tarnishes..
Exactly, pure gold is very soft. In heaven a car's tyres won't be worn-out after a car driving on them for 60 000 kilometers, the roads would be vanishing...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do if what I am told is in the Bible. Of course not everyone understands the Bible. You have to have the Holy Spirit of God to guide you and to lead you into the truth.

You just made it clear that you do whatever the Bible tells you to -- how much guidance from the Holy Spirit does it take to generate that kind of obedience?

If you are talking about evidence based truth then you have to weight the evidence. Sometimes the evidence is overwhelming. So on an intuitive level we need to be lead by the Holy Spirit of God. On an analytical level the evidence needs to be substantial.

Sounds like you ignore the evidence and go by intuition...

When your talking about Heaven I go by what makes me feel better. If I am comforted by thinking that I am going to see my lost love ones then what is the harm in me being comforted by that? If it makes me feel better to imagine a perfect world with all love and no hate then what is wrong with wanting to think about what a world like that would be like?

Sounds like truth isn't as important as what makes you feel good about yourself.

My dorm father in high school lost an eye in a Polish prisoner of war camp. At the end of WW2 Hitler was getting desperate and he was sending 12 year old boys to the front to fight the war. A very good friend of mine had his foot blown off by a claymore mine in Vietnam. I am sure you deal with a lot of pain and suffering in the work you do. A part of me wants to think that there is a Heaven where there is no more pain, misery and suffering.

Do you always get what you want?

Upvote 0

Derek Meyer

Feb 25, 2016
Pretoria
✟17,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My dorm father in high school lost an eye in a Polish prisoner of war camp. At the end of WW2 Hitler was getting desperate and he was sending 12 year old boys to the front to fight the war. A very good friend of mine had his foot blown off by a claymore mine in Vietnam. I am sure you deal with a lot of pain and suffering in the work you do. A part of me wants to think that there is a Heaven where there is no more pain, misery and suffering.
I'm not really sure why you think that this has anything to do with the subject at hand.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not really sure why you think that this has anything to do with the subject at hand.
This is a response to a question that bhsmte asked. If you think you can do a better job of answering his question then why don't you give it a shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You just made it clear that you do whatever the Bible tells you to
I am better at talking the talk then walking the walk. That is why I am not a pastor because I do not set a good enough example for others to follow. The Bible is as rock solid as any of the laws of science. No one gets away with breaking natural laws. No one gets away with breaking the law we read in the Bible. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. We will all be held accountable.

Matt 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Upvote 0

Derek Meyer

Feb 25, 2016
Pretoria
✟17,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a response to a question that bhsmte asked. If you think you can do a better job of answering his question then why don't you give it a shot.
The subject of this thread is: How old is the earth and the sun? It's in the Physical & Life Sciences forum.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

How about this:

Too many people are willing to believe just about anything that makes them feel better about themselves. But the truth is that the truth is not always pleasant, and whatever gives you the warm fuzzies inside may not necessarily be the truth.

Anyone who professes to be interested in the truth must be prepared to follow it wherever it may lead... and anything or anyone that must be protected from truth, from any source, is not worth following.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I am better at talking the talk then walking the walk.

And I have to tell you in all honesty, your "talking the talk" skills need improvement.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I have to tell you in all honesty, your "talking the talk" skills need improvement.
I took four teacher training classes to improve my communication skills but I would have need two more to get my certificate. Still my skills are not up for discussion and you are in violation of the rules.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I took four teacher training classes to improve my communication skills but I would have need two more to get my certificate. Still my skills are not up for discussion and you are in violation of the rules.

You're the one who brought them up... you made an assertion; I challenged it.

This is a good example of what I mean -- if you're going to make a claim about your own prowess on a debate forum, expect to have that claim challenged.

You certainly won't hear me boasting about my skills without being ready to encounter some skepticism...

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The subject of this thread is: How old is the earth and the sun? It's in the Physical & Life Sciences forum.
The question has to do with Heaven. This is more POP Science like Time Magazine and a lot of what you see on TV. The science that they spoon feed the masses is different from the Science that you study in the University, but it is still Science even if they water it down for the masses and do not give it to them full strength. Science has the obligation and the duty to be able to explain itself to the masses.

He asked me do I believe in Heaven and the answer is YES, I believe that Heaven is a physical place in our Universe. It could be a planet very much like our earth only larger.

There’s a big difference between science and science fiction, but there’s abundant evidence to suggest that sci-fi books and movies can spark a lifelong interest in science.

“The best of the science fiction films will stimulate a curiosity and an interest in a topic,” astrophysicist Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

[Dr. Carl Sagan]
There is very little in science which is absolutely out of the question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The question has to do with Heaven. This is more POP Science like Time Magazine and a lot of what you see on TV. The science that they spoon feed the masses is different from the Science that you study in the University, but it is still Science even if they water it down for the masses and do not give it to them full strength. Science has the obligation and the duty to be able to explain itself to the masses.

And so it is freely available to anyone who wishes an explanation... just go to any library.
What more do you want?

Upvote 0