Jul 3, 2011
✟87,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How often does your church offer the Lord's Supper? On which days of the week? A.M. or P.M? Did they switch the name from Lord's Supper to 'communion?'

Have you ever known anyone who showed up just for that due to Jesus' command 'this do in remembrance of me?' Was Jesus directing his words to all believers henceforth, or just his 12 disciples? How do you know?

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How often does your church offer the Lord's Supper? On which days of the week? A.M. or P.M? Did they switch the name from Lord's Supper to 'communion?'

Have you ever known anyone who showed up just for that due to Jesus' command 'this do in remembrance of me?' Was Jesus directing his words to all believers henceforth, or just his 12 disciples? How do you know?

We celebrate it every week, on the first day, before the sermon and after cooperate prayer in our services.

We usually call it the Lord's Supper or the Lord's Table.

I have seen it happened once, but usually people (so I think) know how disrespectful it is to enter during the service.

Jesus instituted it with the twelve, but intended it to be taught to all through them.

Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟87,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We celebrate it every week, on the first day, before the sermon and after cooperate prayer in our services.

We usually call it the Lord's Supper or the Lord's Table.

I have seen it happened once, but usually people (so I think) know how disrespectful it is to enter during the service.

Jesus instituted it with the twelve, but intended it to be taught to all through them.
Is 'the first day' Sunday? A.M.?

I meant show up at all, to your church or another church, rather than show up late.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Weekly. Mostly Sunday morning. I prefer evenings but I got overruled. The words of Jesus are to all His people. It is to be proclaimed "until He comes" which is yet to happen. Paul said, "What I received from the Lord" so it was not just to the 11. Judas disqualified himself of course. We just say that its the bread and wine. Interesting take from Francis Chan - the Lord's supper is a way of preaching the gospel. He's right.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is 'the first day' Sunday? A.M.?

I meant show up at all, to your church or another church, rather than show up late.

Sunday, before noon.

I have never seen anyone before come just for the communion service. It would mean they would have to miss another service somewhere else, or if they don't have a home church that they have their priorities wrong.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our church does it in the morning service every 4 weeks. I think it may be in the evening ones sometimes. Not sure.

Visitors to the church can have it on one proviso- that they know and love our Lord Jesus, Christ. The invite is there each time and they are told if uncertain to just let the elements pass by.

We call it communion only when talking about the rota or that it is a 'communion service.' The rest of the time it has various names. Our Pastor says the we will gather around Lord's table just before we go to that part of the service. However, the church doesn't gather. We remain in the seats.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Have you ever known anyone who showed up just for that due to Jesus' command 'this do in remembrance of me?'
Yes - do you think though, that that is obedience to Jesus and the Father ? Do you think that that is what the fellowship thanksgiving meal is for ? (no)
Was Jesus directing his words to all believers henceforth, or just his 12 disciples? How do you know?
To as many as Hear Him, all the sheep who Hear His Voice.

• Haha
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uriah S

Stand ready in prayer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2019
Scotland
✟290,642.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
Every Sunday. 1st Sunday of the month it's at the end of the evening service, other Sundays at the end of the morning service. We often say the Lord's Table but don't get hung up on names.

I often give myself communion, especially if I'm travelling and miss a Sunday at my home church. I've also seen it as part of a wedding service where the couple give it to each other as part of the service. It's beautiful, though I'm not sure I'd like it to become 'the norm'.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0