May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. (Matthew 16.24)

I think it's rather Jesus who said that, not Paul.

Yep- I spend so much time in the Pauline Epistles that I sometimes get lost. You are indeed correct. If I was quoting Paul (this is a joke) I should have said "drawn and quartered"!

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suppose the question should be rephrased: do we mean a physical cross such as Jesus was hung on, or do we mean the metaphysical cross that Jesus said to "Pick up your cross and follow me"? I'm not big on physical crosses, and the metaphysical can sure get heavy some days

Upvote 0

Esdra

Senior Contributor
Sep 18, 2011
Tyrol, Austria
✟29,267.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure the op means the physical cross.
With a metaphysical cross as in Matthew 16.24, I think the op wouldn't make much sense.
Mine is rather small and made of gold. I never take it off, except for having an x-Ray taken or other medical analysis, where I have to take it off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maryseblossom

Aug 8, 2013
montreal
✟15,220.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-NDP
Today I was walking downtown and I had an intuition to go downs specific street. I wanted a cross necklace for a while and found a garage sale. I started to look a bit and saw a box saying: free to take. It was filled with Christians papers and other stuff and I found a little cross to put on a necklace :)

Next step: to find a little chain to wear it!

Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Today I was walking downtown and I had an intuition to go downs specific street. I wanted a cross necklace for a while and found a garage sale. I started to look a bit and saw a box saying: free to take. It was filled with Christians papers and other stuff and I found a little cross to put on a necklace :)

Next step: to find a little chain to wear it!

*Chuckles* So how much IS the cross worth? Is it worthless since you got it for free? Or is it priceless because of what it represents?

King David had a somewhat similar situation where he was offered something but instead paid the guy the going rate and then it explains why he did.

But its nice you got a "Freebee" that way!

Upvote 0

Mariposa36

Jun 1, 2013
United States
✟15,509.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is priceless because I asked God to put one on my path and he did.

Are you sarcastic in any way? I have a hard time knowing if people are sometimes.

No Ma'm- it wasn't meant to be sarcastic. It was mean to be thought provoking.

Had an old female army buddy and we'd argue if her cat was "worthless" or "priceless"? This discussion happened one night when we watched a mouse walk across the floor about 2 feet in front of the cat and all the cat did was watch.

Then I was thinking about how King David sinned and wanted a specific piece of land for an Alter to G-d. I have no idea what would make this peculiar land so valuable (Samuel 24- read the whole chapter for the correct context)

*Grins* I have asked for G-d to put "The" Megaball ticket in my pocket. Believe it or not I didn't want the money for myself- I wanted to spend $6 million on a new church building, and some 2 to 4 million on a homeless shelter we need here plus a food bank. Out of my own wants and needs it only came out to something like a new car ($25K), a house with a garage ($150K) and a few tools ($25K) for a total of about $200K.

Since G-d hasn't seen fit to award the Powerball or Megaball or whatever its called (I only buy one ticket once every 3 to 6 months if that so I don't remember the name) When G-d considers it important enough, it'll happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeekerOfChrist94

Grandma ♡ June 26, 1942 - January 10, 2017 5:32 pm
Apr 21, 2013
Texas
✟54,920.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wear a cross necklace every day, and I have a purity ring with a heart and a cross that I wear, but one of my two jobs doesn't allow rings except for marriage rings, so sadly I don't wear that daily.

Upvote 0

Calmcacil

Oct 27, 2013
Østlandet
✟7,636.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I always wear mine except for when I'm in the shower. I sleep with it on too. (A cross necklace that is.)
I'm considering getting a crufix to wear as well, as I find that a much more powerful statement of my faith than a cross.
As for my reasons for wearing a cross, I've dabbled in various other religions such as Satanism or Neo-paganism, so I wear the cross to remind me not to stray from Christianity again.

Upvote 0

Pastor Glenn

Here to serve
Oct 23, 2013
Canada
Visit site
✟7,974.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I don't have a physical cross to hang around my neck. I believe that as Christians, we are called to " wear the cross" every day in our lives and through our testimony. Taking up the cross is a daily challenge and a daily discipline.

Blessings!

Upvote 0