How often do you come on Christian Forum?

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering how often people come in the forum is daily, weekly etc.
Also how long you tend to spend on the site?
The reason I am asking is that I guess I find that I could find this addictive because it interests me so much and whereas I used to think I didn't understand how people could spend so much time online now I do.
It is funny because I no longer have a computer so all mine is done on my phone and I think I use it this way more, because of the convenience.

I don't ever use my phone away from home other than for emergency calls and I have, for a while not used my phone on Sundays to go online. This has been quite interesting because I have found this a nice break.

I also try to use it in "spare time" rather than part of my day.
How do you all go about this?

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reason I am asking is that I guess I find that I could find this addictive because it interests me so much and whereas I used to think I didn't understand how people could spend so much time online now I do.
It is funny because I no longer have a computer so all mine is done on my phone and I think I use it this way more, because of the convenience.

I don't ever use my phone away from home other than for emergency calls and I have, for a while not used my phone on Sundays to go online. This has been quite interesting because I have found this a nice break.

Daily at least. It can be absorbing :)

As regards 'phone use, it often relates to whether one has someone to 'phone, I guess. (I recall reading that Omar Sharif once had a heart episode while staying at a hotel and he immediately thought I must tell someone; and then realized that - as opposed to first responders - he did not have anyone to call. Kind of a comment on the elusiveness of fame; but also for the believer a remind of the constant care and sympathy of the Great High Priest.)

Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Well, I've been on CF for 4,874 days and have made 2,272 posts, so I'm averaging 0.46 posts per day or, in other words, about 1 post every other day. In reality, there have been months where I'm making 5-10 posts per day and there have been months where I'm not on CF, at all.

How do I handle online time? My entire livelihood is made online so I'm online alot.

Upvote 0

JesusYeshuaisLord

Jun 7, 2018
Auckland
✟15,257.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I just started on the forum so I've been on a lot, that's mostly because I work from home by myself most days and because that's the only place I can talk deeply about important things. I already know that I should be spending less time online. Since I started working an office job, I'm on a computer all the time which I find unhealthy.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh thanks for your replies I wondered if coming on daily was excessive so I feel better. I guess if you were on all day to the detriment of all other things then that's different;)

I like it because apart from church I have no interaction with other Christians (only when i speak to my brother and wife or my minister and wife)and often go days without seeing anyone.
I have found it wonderful to be able to share and learn from other Christians and do feel part of a big family- there may even be some disagreements but still family!
God bless you all:groupray:

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For about 13 years I came here fairly regularly. For the past few years my "attendance" had waned quite a bit, and I had little interest in posting very often.

However, I got a new job about five months ago which involves me sitting around and waiting for things to malfunction. I would watch movies and TV shows on various streaming sites, but our company restricts almost all of them except for YouTube. Thus, I have found myself back on CF to kill time in between calls. I am on pretty much daily, and the amount of time I spend depends on how busy I am. I will typically post multiple times per day.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟754,642.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Almost every day

About the same. I tend to look at only a few sections, mainly "One Bread, One Body" (Catholic), Christian Theology, Christian History and Current Events, with occasional forays into other areas.

It's easy to waste a lot of time on forums.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Fairly often on account of my job leaving me with too much time on my hands. I'm a full time student so I can't take on a career job right now. I work on campus in a dull job but it suits my needs just fine for now. My job is just to scan IDs, log in visitors for a research lab. That's it. So I'm just sitting for hours at the desk. I'm welcome to use the computer, study, all that, so long as I'm at the desk, so that's what I do.

Upvote 0

Note

Borg Drone
Aug 16, 2012
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Divorced
For me it varies. I do not know what having a phone has to do with it though.
Lately, I have been able to take a peak here and there while at work. A couple of months ago I came on after a year or more after being insulted by an admin or two removing my post instead of simply moving it, bla bla bla, so I found their insults, well, insulting by their actions and I stayed away. I came back to make a few posts out of pain and suffering. Since then, been tinkering here and there, but it will eventually wear off when life gets hard again as it always does.
There is a lot I would enjoy reading, but I do not have the attention span to read anything, computer text or a book, for more than 5-10 minutes.
I do not get the free time out of work others at times do, because I am too busy trying to spend my time making rent get paid on time. So, been peaking at work when I can while I have some tasks running.

Upvote 0