Lizy424

Feb 22, 2017
Ireland
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Trust in God for your daily needs but you have to figure out how to make a living. From my understanding you should try and figure out what your money making skills/talents are and use them on the straight and narrow path. The apostle Paul relied on his tent making skills for an income at times. I'm not sure what the average income of a tent maker was back in his day but nowadays you'll see some trades making close to a 6 figure income. But it's up to you to find out what working skills you're good at, go into the labor market and walk that path.

In my area the public school system does offer guidance in finding out what jobs a person is best suited for. It may be in your area there are other means to do this same thing.
Yeah true I don't mind working or going to college really, I understand now that I can do it all for the Glory of God and not of myself, it's all about what's in your heart really..

Upvote 0

NathanBmajor7

Mar 11, 2017
South Africa
✟16,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God bless you sister in Christ. One way you can stay rooted in Christ is to fill your life with more of Him instead of mainly cutting up the things of the world (not saying we shouldn't do this, just adopt a positive outlook towards more of God and less of everything else). Read the Bible daily, get good teaching and pray often. Tell others about your faith.

I am happy you've made a decision for Christ. If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

• Winner
Reactions: Lizy424
Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John 3:16 and John 3:36 have the same meaning according to Strong's concordance
To trust and obey.
John 3:36 nails it.
Jn 3:36 He who believes into the Son has eternal life; but he who disobeys the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him. Truth and consequences. Faith is required to obey. WE have the faith of mustard seed which WE are given to believe in JesUS as Son of God subjectively. The journey in front of US is to Listen hear and OBEY. As WE obey WE develop trust God IS available for an intimate relationship. Think of to believe as as an umbilical cord, never to be cut off, a source of continual supernatural supply to meet all OUR needs AS WE carry out Lord Spirit's WILL. As WE receive HEAR OBEY WE come closer in relationship and the umbilical cord shrinks as WE draw closer, until WE are one as JesUS and Father are ONE in SPIRIT.

• Agree
Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE UMBILICAL CORD Does not stretch far off the path Lord is leading you on. Only you can use your freewill to disobey which strangles the supply wirch will be released to flow when you are repentant and back on His path. The Cord is always attached

Upvote 0

Lizy424

Feb 22, 2017
Ireland
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
God bless you sister in Christ. One way you can stay rooted in Christ is to fill your life with more of Him instead of mainly cutting up the things of the world (not saying we shouldn't do this, just adopt a positive outlook towards more of God and less of everything else). Read the Bible daily, get good teaching and pray often. Tell others about your faith.

I am happy you've made a decision for Christ. If you need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to send me a message.
Yeah that's all I want to do is to grow in Him. I feel fulfilled in Christ alone. I'm just so happy :) He is everything I ever needed and ever will, whatever His will is for my life, that I desire... it's like what else do I want? Just more of His love, grace, peace etc I could go on ...& thank you brother in Christ! God bless you :)

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi Frank, I've always viewed the above and the use of the, "In him we live and move and have our being" (Acts 17:28) as demonstrating the creative ways that God has worked through writers to hammer home truth within a cultural context ... a way of showing that there are some reflections of truth reverberating within the fallenness of this world. Concerning Lizzy's question--Liz, you are a member of the Body of Christ, and God is "developing" you to bring the context of truth to (yes) a pretty sad world. Light into darkness.

Interesting

Did you know that the etymology of the word " jehovah " leads to " to fall " ?

5y98cx.jpg

This in turn seems to be related to the Biblical mentions of eclipses, by way of etymology

bi9mip.jpg

:)

Upvote 0

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you think Christians haven't done evangelism or most people love their sins too much to turn to Jesus?

Well, honestly, I feel like the call to maturity in the book of Hebrews ( 6:2-4, iirc ) states that repenting ( along with rituals like baptisms, temples, sacrifices, etc ) are no longer needed ( Because Christ does this on our behalf )

But I know that is blasphemous to some people because they have their ideas, and their ideas have become their existence in such a way they are almost impossible to turn away from ( Baptisms are a big deal to many in the churches )

But the Book of Hebrews also states this, imo, in 6:4, then goes on to mention apostates in 6:6

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.
Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

My feeling is that the foundations people have built for themselves are not good, not based on scripture, and are really just all over the place

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great question!

To see some key parts of the narrow path, look at the proceeding verses. They are surely part of His way for us --

1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

6 “Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

----------------
So.....we have some things to obey here. That is, to let them soak into our hearts, and to dwell in these words, so that we stay in them. To repent when we fail, repenting from the heart, so that we are restored.

How can we do this? John chapter 15 comes to mind.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, honestly, I feel like the call to maturity in the book of Hebrews ( 6:2-4, iirc ) states that repenting ( along with rituals like baptisms...) are no longer needed ( Because Christ does this on our behalf )

Ah, but as it turns out, Christ has a different view, and we are to follow Him.

"But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance."

"Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

One repents -- returns to Christ -- exactly because one at times might depart from Him. We can stumble. But, we can be restored.

We must be working/trying to do as He said to do. Why? He answered that very sharply and clearly, the why -- Matthew 7, vs 24-27, and many times, many in the Gospels.

(when it seems as if something you read in an epistle contradicts Christ, what you need is openness and full reading through the New Testament, being silent in your mind and learning ("ears that hear"), so that enough of the meanings come together to give the full meanings to pieces. It's kind of radical at first, to be humble and to let go of what we want to see, and deal with what He actually said, sometimes so radical, and be changed by the Word.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SteveIndy

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Zionsville, Indiana
✟247,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just curious. Im 17 and kind of deciding the next step to take with my life. I am a born again and seeking to stay on the narrow path. I'm just about finishing school.. I don't think I want to go to university like everyone else.. there's not much I desire from the world. And plus the bible says in Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Also we are not supposed to love the world nor the things in it... I really hate the way this world works trying to get everyone into the system.. Can we not just trust God by living in faith that he'll supply our daily needs? Or is that just me being lazy on my part.. I just feel it's so wordly.. stuff the gentiles seek.. are we not meant to be the light of the world ? But then again I could just keep Jesus as the priority in my heart & it may be a good opportunity to spread the gospel to people I come across. I just don't want to be like the world & come off the narrow path.. I don't want a luxurious life anyway

How narrow is the narrow path? That is a very good question considering the vast majority of Christians are not in the narrow way at all. University and schooling are not all bad, but it does distract most from what God has called us to do. Christian schools are mostly corrupted and so consequently the Churches are corrupt. Do not pursue worldly fame and fortune, pursue purity of heart and righteousness and you will not be disappointed. Do not believe everything you hear from the pulpit. Do not be lazy in your reading and praying and asking for understanding.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah I get that but I mean I don't think we have to go as far as the gentiles do to get what we need. They don't consider God at all.. thats why they work so hard depending on themselves . Small jobs perhaps can be enough ?
Why did you use that term 'gentiles'? Aren't you a gentile?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just curious. Im 17 and kind of deciding the next step to take with my life. I am a born again and seeking to stay on the narrow path. I'm just about finishing school.. I don't think I want to go to university like everyone else.. there's not much I desire from the world. And plus the bible says in Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind. Also we are not supposed to love the world nor the things in it... I really hate the way this world works trying to get everyone into the system.. Can we not just trust God by living in faith that he'll supply our daily needs? Or is that just me being lazy on my part.. I just feel it's so wordly.. stuff the gentiles seek.. are we not meant to be the light of the world ? But then again I could just keep Jesus as the priority in my heart & it may be a good opportunity to spread the gospel to people I come across. I just don't want to be like the world & come off the narrow path.. I don't want a luxurious life anyway
I didn't look at college as a way to be worldly, but more to end up doing as a career something you love rather than McDonalds or something. I would go nuts doing that or cashier for my whole life. That's why I went to college. It doesn't have to be about worldly pursuits or money. And believe me you can give money away to a good cause, plenty of those if you don't want the money. They can do God's work.

Upvote 0

Lizy424

Feb 22, 2017
Ireland
✟10,138.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I didn't look at college as a way to be worldly, but more to end up doing as a career something you love rather than McDonalds or something. I would go nuts doing that or cashier for my whole life. That's why I went to college. It doesn't have to be about worldly pursuits or money. And believe me you can give money away to a good cause, plenty of those if you don't want the money. They can do God's work.
Yeah sure thats true. I believe it's a personal decision, people have different paths.. for me personally I just don't want to get involved, im satisfied living in simplicity.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah sure thats true. I believe it's a personal decision, people have different paths.. for me personally I just don't want to get involved, im satisfied living in simplicity.
Well that is a good answer.

I just was not totally believing that worry over becoming worldly was the entire motivation.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was blessed to have someone in my life..more then a mother to me. She prayed 4h a day.. and yes.. the classic grandmother that we all know in so many Churches.

But.. like you here.. I was kind of stuck..and wanted to go to this UNIV...so she paryed. And she said "danny the lord says "open door". I know its like.. a ok.

So some time the next week I talk to a counselor at the UNIV about my options. Just as I started to leave he says "maybe this is a OPEN DOOR"

Lets help OPEN your eyes. WHO is GOD? Your ABBA (Daddy) Father. Jesus? Your friend, brother, savior, your GOD. Us here? FAMILY! We can ALL agree thats more then TWO. So.. just what do YOU want to do?

What is it your FATHER cant do? Yes.. I know for FACT going blind in to this world HE opened so many doors.. He is not like man that slacks off..NEVER does He.. YES He meets ALL YOUR NEEDS. So what do you want?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah true I don't mind working or going to college really, I understand now that I can do it all for the Glory of God and not of myself, it's all about what's in your heart really..
You found it :oldthumbsup: Rest is meant as relaxation rather than stasis (bear no burden) - it is to reject anxiety and have contentment.

The lust for worldly things is not the only motivation to study higher education. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your strength. Knowledge is power, as is skill. These are assets that higher education provides. If you are to achieve those strengths, they are useful for God's work.

If you have an opportunity to study now that you will never again have, then prayerfully consider it, else relax a bit and maybe do a year of your passion to get it off your chest and see where He has lead you in that time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0