How much of a reformed leaning does Anglicanism have in its theology?

graceandpeace

Episcopalian
Sep 12, 2013
✟22,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I am in East TN, the only two I can find closest to me are in Knoxville, about an hour away.

I read your earlier reply to someone else, but if you have an Episcopal parish nearby & want to know more about the church in your region, here is a helpful link: http://www.dioet.org

You can find out about local churches there & perhaps get a general feel for the diocese in that area.

Good luck to you, & if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Episcopal Church, please feel free to message me.

Reactions: Leevo
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I read your earlier reply to someone else, but if you have an Episcopal parish nearby & want to know more about the church in your region, here is a helpful link: http://www.dioet.org

You can find out about local churches there & perhaps get a general feel for the diocese in that area.

Good luck to you, & if you have any questions or concerns regarding the Episcopal Church, please feel free to message me.

Thank you!

Reactions: graceandpeace
Upvote 0

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's quite a spread. Have you tried the PCA?

It is quite a spread. I have mainly taken issue with the idea of the Mass being a sacrifice and haven't found a suitable scripturally sound explanation for it...

Upvote 0

BelleC

Jun 27, 2016
US
✟26,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is quite a spread. I have mainly taken issue with the idea of the Mass being a sacrifice and haven't found a suitable scripturally sound explanation for it...
You may want to ask the RCC you been going to if they have a copy of the catechism you can have. I had one a while ago but gave it away. In my understanding (from what I remember) of it the official teaching is not the each mass is a sacrifice but that it is spiritually united to the one sacrifice. Like it is participating in the same last supper the apostles were. If you check to see if they have an RCIA class coming up soon that is a good way to get answers too, but the catechism is better I think. Not every teacher is going to be a great theologian. I don't know if this makes any difference for you but I wish you well in your search!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leevo

Feb 18, 2015
Tennessee
✟28,954.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You may want to ask the RCC you been going to if they have a copy of the catechism you can have. I had one a while ago but gave it away. In my understanding (from what I remember) of it the official teaching is not the each mass is a sacrifice but that it is spiritually united to the one sacrifice. Like it is participating in the same last supper the apostles were. If you check to see if they have an RCIA class coming up soon that is a good way to get answers too, but the catechism is better I think. Not every teacher is going to be a great theologian. I don't know if this makes any difference for you but I wish you well in your search!

Thanks for the reply! I actually have a copy of the catechism, and it explains the idea behind the "Sacrifice of the Mass" but not the "why" of it. Also, you are correct, each mass is not a new sacrifice but it is the same sacrifice that Christ made on Calvalry. Calvary is made present, according to their theology. I did go through RCIA, though I admit that I missed most of it, and I am speaking with the priest today to try and go into this subject in detail to see if I can find a suitable explanation. I should go through RCIA a second time, it could help me I think...

Reactions: BelleC
Upvote 0