Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's the fact that he died - that is our salvation (Col. 1:22; Heb. 10:10). The amount of time between his death and resurrection is not the issue. When he died, that was definitive. He conquered death by rising again (2 Tim. 1:10).

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It's the fact that he died - that is our salvation (Col. 1:22; Heb. 10:10). The amount of time between his death and resurrection is not the issue. When he died, that was definitive. He conquered death by rising again (2 Tim. 1:10).

Was His suffering eternally?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Was His suffering eternal?
It did not have to be. The fact that God would incarnate, and suffer the cross, and die for us, and conquer death - the fact that HE did it - you can't measure the worth of that sacrifice with a stopwatch or the emergency room pain scale.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
It did not have to be. The fact that God would incarnate, and suffer the cross, and die for us, and conquer death - the fact that HE did it - you can't measure the worth of that sacrifice with a stopwatch or the emergency room pain scale.

Do unforgiven sinners suffer eternal damnation?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the wrath of God was poured out on Jesus for just three days, how does that cover our eternal debt?

Jesus ... is ... God. God ... takes ... the ...burden ... of .... debt. Our account is credited....in full (i.e. for those who are wise enough to make the necessary withdrawal).

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes... But, what kind of eternal damnation, what is the eternal damnation, would require explaining...

And also, why they are unforgiven too...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, but the power of God is such that he can do the work of salvation in far less time. Christ could die and rise again. The damned merely die and stay dead forever (the loss of all blessings). Christ did not have to be dead for an infinite amount of time in order to save us. He only had to die in order to die in our place.

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus ... is ... God. God ... takes ... the ...burden ... of .... debt. Our account is paid....in full (for those who are wise enough to make a withdrawal).

Is that what separates sheep from goats: wisdom? Are you wiser than your neighbor who isn't a Christian?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus suffered during his life here, all kinds of things mentally, that many cannot even comprehend, he suffered spiritually during his life here, and at the cross, and three days in hell preaching, suffering it all like it was nothing the entire time, his suffering ended when he ascended...

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that what separates sheep from goats: wisdom? Are you wiser than your neighbor who isn't a Christian?

I'm going to say "yes" and "no"...because I'm neither a Calvinist nor an Arminian. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Shempster
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians are told to be as wise as serpents and as gentle as lambs or is that doves :confused:

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to say "yes" and "no"...because I'm neither a Calvinist or an Arminian. :rolleyes:

What in the world does Calvinism have to do with it? You said: "for those who are wise enough to make the necessary withdrawal" did you not? If so, my questions are fair ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What in the world does Calvinism have to do with it? You said: "for those who are wise enough to make the necessary withdrawal" did you not? If so, my questions are fair ones.

Yes, I'm wise enough with the opportunity that God Has afforded me...

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟311,347.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The poster who spoke about wisdom implied that only people who are wise will be saved.
Saved from what? Rewards? The 1000 yrs or eternity? Maybe Revelation 2-3 might be Jesus' answer to the churches.

Upvote 0