how much does God really want to know us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was worshiping the lord, telling the father, jesus, holyspirit how much i love them, for who they are and what they do for me. and seeking a deeper closer walk with him yesterday.

im tired of doing things FOR him, but i want to do things WITH him.
like, many people serve a god that is off in the sky somewhere, or whom theyve only read about, or heard of.
they dont realise that the lord wants to walk WITH us, talk to us, and is on the earth right now, and wants to do everything right beside us and with us!
and thats how i want to know him!

i want him in my car with me! in my bed with me! on my job with me! something closer, something more intamite and real than ive ever had before! do you understand my heart?
i want to touch his face! now! not later! i want to feel his breath, i want to hear his very heart beat! i want to see him! i want to really be wrapped up in his arms and really feel those arms on my skin!
FOR REAL! do you understand? this not something one could say, "yeah ive done that". "yeah, thats nice."
"yeah, your passion is becuase your young"
NO! I ABSOLUTLY REFUSE TO TAKE SOMETHING THAT ISNT REALLY WHAT I WANT! OR THAT SAYS IM SIMPLY YOUNG AND WILL GROW OUT OF MY PASSION ONE DAY! NO! I REFUSE TO SETTLE A SECOND HAD RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD! OR SOME STUPID FOOL THAT WANTS TO PULL ME DOWN TO HIS LEVEL OF COMPLACENCY, BECAUSE MY PASSION CONDEMNS HIS APATHY!

I WANT IT! thats why i weep and cry! and have times that are full of tears. i want him, i want to be one with him.

i opened my bible, without really looking for a certain place, and it happened to fall open at mark ch 10.
my eyes fell open one blessed set of scriptures.

6.from the beggining of creation God made them...

8.and they TWAIN SHALL BE ONE... SO THEN THEY ARE NO MORE TWAIN BUT ONE...

i left out the parts about male and female and flesh becuase i want to use this scripture for a diffrent example.
not of male and female, but of human and Spirit. the Holyspirit of God.

THATS HOW I WANT TO KNOW HIM! I WANT TO BE ONE WITH HIM! THOUGH NOT THE SAME PERSON, male and female are called ONE yet are 2 diffrent beings, thus i believe in the same sense it is possible to be ONE with the lord, yet abide still on the earth.

but that is the cry of my heart, and i hope it is yours.
we can do things for god, work for the lord, yet, if we make THIS our hearts cry, all else will flow from THIS.
and it will no longer be fustrating, mind and back breaking, oh there will be pain, but THERE WILL BE A PEACE THAT OVEFLOODS AND SWALLOWS UP THE SORROW. and youll be overshadowed with his grace and power. to be one with the lord, is to walk in the almightiness of the lord. lives will be changed.

I pray that God would bless you GREATLY for your passion and desire walk with God and to experience Him like you have never before. As you, i feel the same way about wanting God to be WITH me. Too many Christians only seek God's hand for the blessings that He provides and run to Him when they are in trouble....i want to seek His Face...just for the sole joy of knowing Him. :)

Upvote 0

Nick_Loves_Abba

Bulls On Parade
Mar 16, 2002
Michigan
✟9,662.00
Faith
Christian
What a reunion! The marriage of the bride and the groom!

Guess what, as much as you want to be with Jesus, he wants to be with you all the more! How encouraging! He has gone to prepare a place for us, and when he is done he will take us to be with him! With every chop of the axe and every thrust of the hammer Jesus's longs to be with his bride.

The story of the Prince and his peasant bride. A more intriguing romance has never occured. His attraction to her is baffling. He, the stately prince. She, the common peasant. He, peerless. She, plain. Not ugly, but she can be. And often she is. She tends to be sullen and sour, even cranky. Not the kind of soul you'd want to live with.

But according the Prince, she is the soul he can't live without. So he proposed to her. On the dusty floor of her peasant cottage, he knelt, took her hand, and asked her to be his bride. Even the angels inclined to hear the whisper, "Yes."

"I'll return for you soon," he promised.
"I will be waiting," she pledged.

No one thought it odd that the prince would leave. He is, after all the son of the king. Surely he has some kingdom work to do. What's odd is not his departure, but her behavior during his absence. She forgets she's engaged!

You'd think the wedding would be ever on her mind, but it isn't. You'd think the day would be on the tip of her tongue. But it's not. Some of her friends have never heard her speak of the event. Days pass---even weeks---and his return isn't mentioned. Why, there have been times, perish the thought, when she has been cavorting with the village men. Flirting. Whispering. In the bright of day. Dare we wonder about her activities in the dark of night?

Is she rebellious? Maybe. But mostly she is forgetful.

Quoted from the book When Christ Comes by Max Lucado. Here's more:

Most miss it. Most miss it because they are looking at her. But when other eyes are on the bride, I sneak a peek at the groom. If the light is just so right, I can see a tiny reflectin in his eyes. Her reflection. And the sight of her reminds him why he is here. His jaw relaxes and he forgets sweat-soaked shirt. HE forgets the bet he made that he woudln't puke. When he sees her, any thought of escape becomes a joke again. For it is written all over his face,"Who could bear to live without this bride?"

And such is precisely the feelings of Jesus. Look long enough into the eyes of our Savior and, there too, you will see a bride. Dressed in fine linnen. Clothed in pure grace. From the wreath in her hair to the clouds at her feet, she is royal; she is a princess. She is the bride. His bride. Walking toward him, she is not yet with him. but he sees her, he awaits her, he longs for her.

"Who could bear to live without her?" you hear him whisper.

And who is that bride? Who is the beauty that occupies the heart of Jesus?

It is not nature. He loves his creation and creation groans to be with him, but he never called creation his bride.

It is not his angels. His angels are ever present to worship and serve him, but he never called the heavenly beings his bride.

Then who? Who is this bride about whom Jesus speaks and whom Jesus longs? Who is this maiden who has captured the heart of God's son?

You are. You have catprued the heart of God. "As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you" (Isa. 62:5).

The challenge is to remember that. To mediate on it. To focus on it. To allow his love to change the way you look at you.

Mighty mighty encouraging words are they not?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.