How most churches today totally quench God’s Spirit !

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
( 3 ) : ” WHAT’S WRONG WITH CHURCHES TODAY ? “
August 4, 2017gigoboy777 Leave a comment

1 THESSALONIANS 5(19) : ” Quench not the spirit .” : What exactly does this mean , and just exactly what do we have to do to quench the spirit ? 1 CORINTHIANS 14(26) : ” Brethren when you come together EVERY ONE OF YOU hath a psalm , hath a doctrine , hath a revelation , etc , let all things be done unto edifying .” This passage is talking about when the church comes together , and it says that EVERY ONE IS SUPPOSED TO SPEAK for the mutual edification of all in the church ! 1 CORINTHIANS 14(31) : ” Ye may ALL prophesy , one by one , that ALL may learn , as the spirit of God gives revelation to EACH PERSON for the edification of all in the church !” But virtually all churches today do not follow this biblical principle but QUENCH THE MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ONE PERSON ONLY CALLED THE PASTOR contrary to the scriptures we have just read ! This does not allow for the free moving of God’s spirit to use whomsoever he will to speak through , but renders virtually all in the church to be silent pew warmers, only allowed to listen , but not allowed TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE WHOLE CHURCH BODY AS A HEALTHY CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO OPERATE ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(7) : ” But the manifestation of the spirit is given TO EVERY MAN to profit withal .” : Not just given to the pastor , but THE SPIRIT IS GIVEN TO ” EVERY MAN ” TO PROFIT ALL ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(11) : ” These worketh that one and the selfsame spirit dividing to ” EVERY MAN ” severally as he will.” : Not just the pastor , but ” EVERY MAN ” 1 CORINTHIANS 12(14) : ” For the body is NOT ONE MEMBER BUT MANY .” : Not just the pastor but MANY ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(21) : ” The eye cannot say unto the hand I have no need of thee , nor again the head unto the feet , : Not just the pastor is needed , but ALL MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH ARE NEEDED ! The following verses show exactly how a true church of god should be operating : 1 CORINTHIANS 14(29-32) : 29 : ” Let the prophets speak , two or three , and let the others judge ” 30 : ” If anything be revealed to another that sitteth by , let the first hold his peace .” 31 : ” For ye may ALL PROPHESY , one by one , that all may learn , and all may be comforted . : 32 : ” The spirits of the prophets are SUBJECT TO THE PROPHETS . ” So the members of the church may ” ALL ” speak, one by one in an orderly fashion , and they are subject to the other members , NOT THE PASTOR ! So this is exactly how the Bible says a church meeting should function , and I know of no church of man that functions like this , but they all quench the spirit from moving through all the members of the church by limiting speaking to one man ! CHURCHES IN THIS STATE HAVE NO REAL MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BUT ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD ! SADLY MOST OF THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES ARE EXACTLY IN THIS STATE ! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES TODAY ! THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO FOLLOW GOD’S WORD AND LET THE BROTHERS SPEAK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE CHURCH BODY AND NEVER AGAIN QUENCH GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ANY ONE MAN !

• Winner
Reactions: Kenny'sID

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,720.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree with some of the things you said here.

But could you please make your texts easier to read. Add paragraph breaks, etc.

There are many people that would probably just skip your post because it's difficult to read.... Some who had long hard day at work, probably won't bother to read a difficult text like yours.

If you want to reach out to as many members as possible, at least do the courtesy and extra effort (for a good reason) of making your texts easier to read.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There are many people that would probably just skip your post because it's difficult to read.... Some who had long hard day at work, probably won't bother to read a difficult text like yours.

If you want to reach out to as many members as possible, at least do the courtesy and extra effort (for a good reason) of making your texts easier to read.

I second that.

I've yet to read a post yet that is that long ... with no formatting.

I think of space between paragraphs ... as places to catch my breath ...

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read half of it, and the subject seemed to make up for any other short coming. :)

I don't go to a Church building, and now I'm thinking the reason for that may not always be clear to me, but as time goes on, I don't feel any more obligated to go in my heart. Probably reasons such as the OP keep me away, at least for one.

So between the reasons I'm aware of and those I'm not, and a few other factors, I end up here, where everyone gets a say.

To me having one leader can be very dangerous. and I realize some will be all over me for that, but I'll never change my mind on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanx for the advise .

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read half of it, and the subject seemed to make up for any other short coming. :)

I don't go to a Church building, and now I'm thinking the reason for that may not always be clear to me, but as time goes on, I don't feel any more obligated to go, in my heart than i did the day before. Probably reasons such as the OP keep me away, at least for one.

So between the reasons I'm aware of and those I'm not, and a few other factors, I end up here, where everyone gets a say.

To me having one leader can be very dangerous. and I realize some will be all over me for that, but I'll never change my mind on it.
Bible says to appoint elders plural in every church never one dictator !

Upvote 0

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Bible says to appoint elders plural in every church never one dictator !

Guess I'm dull, but are you referring to denominations and cult like groups when you talk of dictators? I've known some very good pastors that don't fall in this catagory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hearingheart

May 25, 2016
Midwest
✟86,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Will try to make them shorter .
Shorter isn't necessarily better. For sure make paragraphs.

ETA: Oh, and you might want to use less CAPITAL letters and maybe bold letters may work to get the point across.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John, the reason for paragraphs is so people can organize separate thoughts in their minds. You may look at that and think big deal, what difference does a few spaces make, but it does make a difference.

We make our Maine point, say what it's all about, then move to different parts of that point. It just kind of comes naturally after awhile, and though I may not be real good at it either, I recognize the value of those lovely defining spaces that allow us to collect the prior thoughts, so we can move on the the next ones. It's a matter of "order".

They say sleep allows us to file/collect our thoughts, put them in perspective and I suppose that could be seen as a gap, a space in our lives, like the space between paragraphs of our life so we can organize our minds. Either that, or that's just a bunch of spacey stuff that means nothing, but allows me to keep writing here and show the values of the paragraph. :)

So in the end, yes, we can understand what you just posted, and FWIW, I thank you for the thought, it was a very good one, but if nothing else, the paragraph makes something a little more pleasnt to read. Also it's just a simple fact, though many of us won't read a really, really long post unless it's killer interesting, the paragraphs will make most hang in there longer.

That said, don't take this the wrong way, it wasn't intended against you, or as scolding, but for you. :)

All hale the Paragraph!

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Will try to make them shorter .

Not necessarily shorter. I note that you include significant ... and helpful insights.

Just give us some breaks (space) between thoughts ... so that we can keep up with you.

Thank-you ...

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Using blank lines between thoughts (rather than a colon) ... can help the reader to find the desired separation between the writer's thoughts. Otherwise, we have to do it ourselves ... and we might not feel that we're up to it ... or we might get it wrong.

For instance, ... it can be as simple as this ...

1 THESSALONIANS 5(19) : ” Quench not the spirit .” :

What exactly does this mean , and just exactly what do we have to do to quench the spirit ?

1 CORINTHIANS 14(26) : ” Brethren when you come together EVERY ONE OF YOU hath a psalm , hath a doctrine , hath a revelation , etc , let all things be done unto edifying .”

This passage is talking about when the church comes together , and it says that EVERY ONE IS SUPPOSED TO SPEAK for the mutual edification of all in the church !

1 CORINTHIANS 14(31) : ” Ye may ALL prophesy , one by one , that ALL may learn , as the spirit of God gives revelation to EACH PERSON for the edification of all in the church !”

But virtually all churches today do not follow this biblical principle but QUENCH THE MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ONE PERSON ONLY CALLED THE PASTOR contrary to the scriptures we have just read ! This does not allow for the free moving of God’s spirit to use whomsoever he will to speak through , but renders virtually all in the church to be silent pew warmers, only allowed to listen , but not allowed TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE WHOLE CHURCH BODY AS A HEALTHY CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO OPERATE !

1 CORINTHIANS 12(7) : ” But the manifestation of the spirit is given TO EVERY MAN to profit withal .” :

Not just given to the pastor , but THE SPIRIT IS GIVEN TO ” EVERY MAN ” TO PROFIT ALL !

1 CORINTHIANS 12(11) : ” These worketh that one and the selfsame spirit dividing to ” EVERY MAN ” severally as he will.” :

Not just the pastor , but ” EVERY MAN ”

1 CORINTHIANS 12(14) : ” For the body is NOT ONE MEMBER BUT MANY .” :

Not just the pastor but MANY !

1 CORINTHIANS 12(21) : ” The eye cannot say unto the hand I have no need of thee , nor again the head unto the feet , :

Not just the pastor is needed , but ALL MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH ARE NEEDED !

The following verses show exactly how a true church of god should be operating :

1 CORINTHIANS 14(29-32) : 29 : ” Let the prophets speak , two or three , and let the others judge ” 30 : ” If anything be revealed to another that sitteth by , let the first hold his peace .” 31 : ” For ye may ALL PROPHESY , one by one , that all may learn , and all may be comforted . : 32 : ” The spirits of the prophets are SUBJECT TO THE PROPHETS . ”

So the members of the church may ” ALL ” speak, one by one in an orderly fashion , and they are subject to the other members , NOT THE PASTOR ! So this is exactly how the Bible says a church meeting should function , and I know of no church of man that functions like this , but they all quench the spirit from moving through all the members of the church by limiting speaking to one man !

CHURCHES IN THIS STATE HAVE NO REAL MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BUT ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD ! SADLY MOST OF THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES ARE EXACTLY IN THIS STATE ! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES TODAY ! THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO FOLLOW GOD’S WORD AND LET THE BROTHERS SPEAK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE CHURCH BODY AND NEVER AGAIN QUENCH GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ANY ONE MAN !

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not necessarily shorter. I note that you include significant ... and helpful insights.

Just give us some breaks (space) between thoughts ... so that we can keep up with you.

Thank-you ...

I agree, other than the few problems we mention, problems that occur often with others as well, your post was well written.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
( 3 ) : ” WHAT’S WRONG WITH CHURCHES TODAY ? “
August 4, 2017gigoboy777 Leave a comment

1 THESSALONIANS 5(19) : ” Quench not the spirit .” : What exactly does this mean , and just exactly what do we have to do to quench the spirit ? 1 CORINTHIANS 14(26) : ” Brethren when you come together EVERY ONE OF YOU hath a psalm , hath a doctrine , hath a revelation , etc , let all things be done unto edifying .” This passage is talking about when the church comes together , and it says that EVERY ONE IS SUPPOSED TO SPEAK for the mutual edification of all in the church ! 1 CORINTHIANS 14(31) : ” Ye may ALL prophesy , one by one , that ALL may learn , as the spirit of God gives revelation to EACH PERSON for the edification of all in the church !” But virtually all churches today do not follow this biblical principle but QUENCH THE MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ONE PERSON ONLY CALLED THE PASTOR contrary to the scriptures we have just read ! This does not allow for the free moving of God’s spirit to use whomsoever he will to speak through , but renders virtually all in the church to be silent pew warmers, only allowed to listen , but not allowed TO ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE WHOLE CHURCH BODY AS A HEALTHY CHURCH IS SUPPOSED TO OPERATE ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(7) : ” But the manifestation of the spirit is given TO EVERY MAN to profit withal .” : Not just given to the pastor , but THE SPIRIT IS GIVEN TO ” EVERY MAN ” TO PROFIT ALL ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(11) : ” These worketh that one and the selfsame spirit dividing to ” EVERY MAN ” severally as he will.” : Not just the pastor , but ” EVERY MAN ” 1 CORINTHIANS 12(14) : ” For the body is NOT ONE MEMBER BUT MANY .” : Not just the pastor but MANY ! 1 CORINTHIANS 12(21) : ” The eye cannot say unto the hand I have no need of thee , nor again the head unto the feet , : Not just the pastor is needed , but ALL MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH ARE NEEDED ! The following verses show exactly how a true church of god should be operating : 1 CORINTHIANS 14(29-32) : 29 : ” Let the prophets speak , two or three , and let the others judge ” 30 : ” If anything be revealed to another that sitteth by , let the first hold his peace .” 31 : ” For ye may ALL PROPHESY , one by one , that all may learn , and all may be comforted . : 32 : ” The spirits of the prophets are SUBJECT TO THE PROPHETS . ” So the members of the church may ” ALL ” speak, one by one in an orderly fashion , and they are subject to the other members , NOT THE PASTOR ! So this is exactly how the Bible says a church meeting should function , and I know of no church of man that functions like this , but they all quench the spirit from moving through all the members of the church by limiting speaking to one man ! CHURCHES IN THIS STATE HAVE NO REAL MOVING OF GOD’S SPIRIT BUT ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD ! SADLY MOST OF THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES ARE EXACTLY IN THIS STATE ! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MAIN STREAM CHURCHES TODAY ! THE ONLY SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM IS TO FOLLOW GOD’S WORD AND LET THE BROTHERS SPEAK AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE CHURCH BODY AND NEVER AGAIN QUENCH GOD’S SPIRIT BY LIMITING SPEAKING TO ANY ONE MAN !
I don’t believe that quenching the Holy Spirit is even about spiritual gifts.

It is about sinand training after conviction of sin by the Holy Spirit. Continual sin. Not spiritual gifts.

So I think your using this out of context.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is about sin and training after conviction of sin by the Holy Spirit. Continual sin. Not spiritual gifts.

Perhaps, but the OP is correct about this example of christian fellowship not being followed by a majority of churches today.

I was in (1) Assembly of God service ... where there was given time for expression from the membership. I heard a prophecy ... and an interpretation ...

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps, but the OP is correct about this example of christian fellowship not being followed by a majority of churches today.

I was in (1) Assembly of God service ... where there was given time for expression from the membership. I heard a prophecy ... and an interpretation ...
Well. That would bring up an entire issue of whether the spiritual gifts ended with the apostles.

So. Given that his entire qualification for spiritual gifts and them being active in churches is not to quench the Holy Spirit, I disregard the entire argument as being misleading and that God’s Word does not support this premise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It is about sinand training after conviction of sin by the Holy Spirit. Continual sin. Not spiritual gifts.

What scriptures say these things : you can’t just make these things up of the top of your head : but that’s what doctrines of men is all about !

Upvote 0

John tower

The Called Out
Mar 18, 2018
Toronto
✟23,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess I'm dull, but are you referring to denominations and cult like groups when you talk of dictators? I've known some very good pastors that don't fall in this catagory.
Any one person in control of a church : supposed to be elders plural , never one person : unscriptural .

Upvote 0