• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How Math Proved the Bible's Authority...

Discussion in 'Christian Scriptures' started by Humble_Disciple, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Humble_Disciple

Humble_Disciple Well-Known Member

+255
    United States
    Protestant
    Divorced
    In Four of the five Books of Moses, every fiftieth letter spells out the word Torah. In the first two Books of Moses, Torah is spelled forwards, with every fiftieth letter. In the last two books of Moses, Torah is spelled backwards with every fiftieth letter.

In the Book of Leviticus, it's even more amazing, where every seventh letter spells out the name of God, YHWH. Just as Leviticus is located at the center of the Torah, every seventh letter in Leviticus reveals the Torah's true center, the ineffable name of God.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Toynbee

Toynbee The SUM of Thy Word is truth...

+2,518
    Christian
    Married
    Interesting.

Years ago I learned about the structure of Psalm 119, not the same as this here, but indicative of a certain "intentionality" about how some parts of the bible were written. E.g. in Ps 119, there are 22 sections, each labeled with, and then beginning with a letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

Many suggest the reason for such intentionality was as a memory aid, to help people remember the passages. I think this explanation is quite sound - for example, how God urged His people to "remember" with repeated stories, histories, phylacteries, traditions, etc. etc.

3. GreekOrthodox

GreekOrthodox Psalti Chrysostom

+2,542
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Acrostics are fairly common for learning hymns. The Byzantine Sunday Vespers hymns use acrostics.

4. Humble_Disciple

+255
    United States
    Protestant
    Divorced
    What's interesting is that I don't think that a human author would have designed this.

In the first two books of Moses, Torah is spelled forwards, with every fiftieth letter. In the last two books of Moses, Torah is spelled backwards with every fiftieth letter. And in Leviticus, YHWH is spelled with every seventh letter.

It could be that Moses did this intentionally when he wrote the Torah, but I'd rather believe it was due to divine inspiration.

5. Humble_Disciple

+255
    United States
    Protestant
    Divorced
    I've hated math my entire life, so it amazes me that math has proved the Bible's authority.

6. Chi.C

Chi.C Member

+46
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Vladimir Panin, teacher of Einstein, wrote something on the Torah verses. Each line summed up to , was divisible to, was a product of a holy number.

See http://www.bibleetnombres.online.fr/panin.pdf.

Never could independently verify as hebrew is not my forte. But I would not be surprised if it were true.

7. throughfireytrial

throughfireytrial Truth-Lover Supporter

+682
    Christian
    Married
    I may be considered a miraculous phenomena though which would prove the inspiration of the texts.

8. Daniel Marsh

Daniel Marsh Well-Known Member

+2,152
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    This has been refuted long ago. Some Problems With Bible Codes

This practice has also been used to prove the koran, book of mormon and occultic books, even War and Peace were inspired by God.

"The rabbi took the Hebrew word for “wood” and counted the letters backwards and forward 49 times in Deut. 4:28 and came up with the letters which he interpreted to mean “Yeshua,” i.e., Jesus. Thus Jesus was “the idol of wood!” He called this “the code of 49.”"
    It's Time to End the Stupid about the End Times: Debunking Christian Numerology

9. throughfireytrial

throughfireytrial Truth-Lover Supporter

+682
    Christian
    Married
    This is probably true in my view, however, it is agreed that there are the Psalms in which each line begins with each consecutive letter of the Hebrew alphabet.