How many years did it take to build ark?

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did a rough calculation today and came up with 14 years. (?)

God warned us man would have just 120 years at some time before the flood.

Big changes to life spans and language and probably continents dividing and etc came in the days of Peleg. One site I looked at placed Babel at the time Peleg was I think 6 years old.

If Peleg was born 101 years after the flood, and Babel was about 5 years later...that makes a total of 106 years after the flood when these big changes happened. If the warning that man had 120 years left was pre flood, that means if it referred to the changes in Peleg's day, that they had 14 years before the flood to get the ark built.

That seems to make more sense to me than the ark taking 120 years to build.

Reactions: Tolworth John

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just remember the flood was a convenience store fountain drink. We even know WHICH convienice store.

7-11. O thank heaven.

Genesis 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on the same day all the fountains of the great deep burst open, and the floodgates of the sky were opened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just remember the flood was a convenience store fountain drink. We even know WHICH convienice store.

7-11. O thank heaven.
Belittle what Jesus and the bible say all you like I guess, long as you can get away with it.

• Agree
Reactions: David Kent
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Belittle what Jesus and the bible say all you like I guess, long as you can get away with it.
I am only commenting on what The Bible says.

I notice you did NOT quote the verse....

I have often wondered if the people that started that chain named it like that on purpose.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have often wondered if the people that started that chain named it like that on purpose.

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

It use to be called Tote'M and some stores use to have totem poles out front of the store according to company sources... the 7-Eleven name reflects its business
hours, before things changed(new owners and 24/7 operational hours)
but the 7-Eleven name stayed the same.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It use to be called Tote'M and some stores use to have totem poles out front of the store according to company sources... the 7-Eleven name reflects its business
hours, before things changed(new owners and 24/7 operational hours)
but the 7-Eleven name stayed the same.
Interesting. But I find the fact that the “fountains of the deep” of Noah’s flood happen in Gen 7-11 to be hilarious.

Upvote 0

David Kent

Continuing Historicist
Aug 24, 2017
Ashford Kent
✟116,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative

Our nearest store is called PRINCE, International Supermarket. What should I read into that? I will add that I have never shopped there. I would call it a corner store.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did a rough calculation today and came up with 14 years. (?)

God warned us man would have just 120 years at some time before the flood.

Big changes to life spans and language and probably continents dividing and etc came in the days of Peleg. One site I looked at placed Babel at the time Peleg was I think 6 years old.

If Peleg was born 101 years after the flood, and Babel was about 5 years later...that makes a total of 106 years after the flood when these big changes happened. If the warning that man had 120 years left was pre flood, that means if it referred to the changes in Peleg's day, that they had 14 years before the flood to get the ark built.

That seems to make more sense to me than the ark taking 120 years to build.

I couldn't find any clues that Noah was told to build the Ark 120 year ahead of time.

Genesis 6 Parallel Chapters

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I couldn't find any clues that Noah was told to build the Ark 120 year ahead of time.

Genesis 6 Parallel Chapters
Me either, yet I think that is a very generally accepted claim. Why? Because they take the verse with the 120 year warning to mean it would be 120 years till the flood.

Upvote 0