How many unclean animals have you eaten?

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No animals are "unclean" but that does not equate that all animals should be eaten...
Jesus knew which ones should not be eaten, so how is it that modern man know thinks that he knows better than God himself what is healthy?

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Um, there isn't any such thing as an "unclean" animal, so, as I've said, I've eaten zero.

The dietary laws given to Moses were given by Jesus. God is the creator. He knew what was healthy and what was not for mankind. Originally before sin came into the world, there was to be no killing of animals for food. No shedding of blood. It was a plant based diet pure and simple. The dietary laws were not ceremonial they were based on the human health that would transcend the time period of Moses.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thus He declared all foods clean.
Say what? Jesus never ate any unclean foods, neither did Peter! Jesus only proclaimed that food eaten without ceremonial hand washings (which were a man made creation of the Pharisees), were clean. That was point of the text that you are basing your assumption on.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Say what? Jesus never ate any unclean foods, neither did Peter! Jesus only proclaimed that food eaten without ceremonial hand washings (which were a man made creation of the Pharisees), were clean. That was point of the text that you are basing your assumption on.

But, still, He declared all foods clean, so how is that SDAs think they know better than Jesus what is acceptable to eat?

(I'm just saying what you said, but you know, the other way ;) )

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
But, still, He declared all foods clean, so how is that SDAs think they know better than Jesus what is acceptable to eat?

(I'm just saying what you said, but you know, the other way ;) )

If the interpretation is as you say, then everything on earth is clean! Jesus does not contradict himself. He died on the cross to bring forgiveness of sins, not to make swine clean! The quote that you mention was added by Mark, it was a direct quote of Jesus. And like I said, it was dealing with the issue of a man made tradition developed by the Pharisees not doing away with the dietary laws that Jesus gave to Noah and Moses.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the interpretation is as you say, then everything on earth is clean! Jesus does not contradict himself. He died on the cross to bring forgiveness of sins, not to make swine clean! The quote that you mention was added by Mark, it was a direct quote of Jesus. And like I said, it was dealing with the issue of a man made tradition developed by the Pharisees not doing away with the dietary laws that Jesus gave to Noah and Moses.

Well, Jesus also said, "there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man."
Mark 7:15

It seems very clear, you are not defiled by what you eat. There is Nothing, not even pork, which is outside the man, which can defile him, if he eats it.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The dietary laws given to Moses were given by Jesus.

True.

God is the creator. He knew what was healthy and what was not for mankind.

True, but irrelevant. Nothing in evidence so far indicates that "what was healthy" had anything at all to do with the clean/unclean food laws.

Originally before sin came into the world, there was to be no killing of animals for food. No shedding of blood. It was a plant based diet pure and simple. The dietary laws were not ceremonial they were based on the human health that would transcend the time period of Moses.

Nothing in evidence shows this. However on the contrary, several of us have *repeatedly* adduced evidence that the concept of "clean" vs. "unclean" animals was already in place back in Genesis 7, and in spite of that in Genesis 9, God gave to man *every* moving thing as food, with NO exceptions.

I may have missed some replies, but as far as I can tell, none of our resident Judaizers have addressed this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If that is the point, Jesus and Mark did a poor job of making it.

Mark quotes Jesus as saying that NOTHING that enters a man's mouth makes the man unclean. He's not talking about microbial hygiene. He's talking about the man's spiritual standing. Washed hands, unwashed hands, kosher food, "unclean" food, even dog poop -- NONE of it makes the man "unclean," hence the concepts of "clean" and "unclean" in regard to food are revoked.

Upvote 0