How many unclean animals have you eaten?

Torah

Senior Veteran
Oct 24, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟12,588.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The Midrash records that the greater part of the provisions consisted of pressed figs and greens for the various animals. Noah also stored seeds for future planting after the Flood.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation. 2 Take with you seven of every kind of clean animal, a male and its mate, and two of every kind of unclean animal, a male and its mate, 3 and also seven of every kind of bird, male and female, to keep their various kinds alive throughout the earth.

There were at least two from every species; but there were seven pairs of clean animals (Mizrachi).
the clean animals had the addi­tional purpose of being offerings after the Flood was over. They would also provide him with a supply of livestock for food, in anticipation of God's removal of the prohibition against eating meat [9:3] (Radak).

Genesis 8:20 Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.

Genesis 9:3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.
3. God now gave Noah and his descendants a right that had never been given to Adam or his progeny: permission to eat meat. Noah was given the right to eat meat, just as God had given Adam the right to eat vegetation, because; (a) Had it not been for the righteousness of Noah, no life would have survived the Flood; and, (b) he had toiled over the animals and attended to their needs in the Ark. Of him was it said, You shall eat the toil of your hands (Psalms 128:2). Thus, Noah had acquired rights over them (Or HaChaim).

People did not eat meat before the Flood
As we can see they knew what clean animals were and what unclean animals were. And they knew to offer to G-d clean animals. There is no reason to think that the “Everything” that would be food for you, would not be anything other than clean animals. G-d gave the green plants, But not all green plants are eatable. In other words “Everything” in the category of the clean animals.

So the declaration in Lev. 11 represents an unexplained change.
There never was a change! There was clean animals and there was unclean animals. Our People knew from the text of the Torah and the Oral Torah what they ate before the flood and after the flood, and it was not unclean animals [.]

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 9:3 Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it.
3. God now gave Noah and his descendants a right that had never been given to Adam or his progeny: permission to eat meat. Noah was given the right to eat meat, just as God had given Adam the right to eat vegetation, because; (a) Had it not been for the righteousness of Noah, no life would have survived the Flood; and, (b) he had toiled over the animals and attended to their needs in the Ark. Of him was it said, You shall eat the toil of your hands (Psalms 128:2). Thus, Noah had acquired rights over them (Or HaChaim).

This shows you can, when you choose to, quote scripture without adding to it.

People did not eat meat before the Flood
As we can see they knew what clean animals were and what unclean animals were. And they knew to offer to G-d clean animals. There is no reason to think that the “Everything” that would be food for you, would not be anything other than clean animals. G-d gave the green plants, But not all green plants are eatable. In other words “Everything” in the category of the clean animals.

In your world "everything" does NOT mean everything? God clearly made one exception, "But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it." but he did NOT mention not eating certain animals, you interject that into the text to make the text support your assumptions/presuppositions.

There never was a change! There was clean animals and there was unclean animals. Our People knew from the text of the Torah and the Oral Torah what they ate before the flood and after the flood, and it was not unclean animals

This is all assumption. There is no evidence that your people knew any such thing.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Koala tastes basicaly cute with a warm, fuzzy aftertaste.
Panda tastes realy good but no matter how much you eat, you're hungry for more about a half-hour later.

How do Panda and Koala taste? With their tongues just like other animals.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Acts 8:11-16 a voice from heaven speaks but you do not accept or believe what that voice says. Instead you claim what the voice "really meant" was how Peter applied the words in one instance.
:confused: :confused:

Act. 8:11-16 And they heeded him because he had astonished them with his sorceries for a long time. 12 But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. 13 Then Simon himself also believed; and when he was baptized he continued with Philip, and was amazed, seeing the miracles and signs which were done. 14 Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, 15 who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. 16 For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. :confused: :confused:
Yea that really makes your point. :doh:

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have not made up anything. I addressed your post but you evidently cannot address mine. You made assertions, I have proven those assertions false. You do not in fact believe what you claim to believe. In Acts 8:11-16 a voice from heaven speaks but you do not accept or believe what that voice says. Instead you claim what the voice "really meant" was how Peter applied the words in one instance. Is there any instance in the entire Bible where God gave a command to someone and meant something else entirely?

[ . . . ]Yea that really makes your point. :doh:

Guess your religious system, whatever it is quasi- semi- Jewish Christian something or other, is so spiritually bankrupt that you pounce on a typo as if proved something. Reluctantly giving you the benefit of a doubt, since we have been discussing Peter's vision in Acts 10:11-16, I assume that you knew full well what I meant and you are just playing games.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Panda tastes realy good but no matter how much you eat, you're hungry for more about a half-hour later.

I ate at the Panda restaurant a few days ago, and I can testify that I was hungry for more about 1/2 hour later.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I would have thought koala would taste rather marsoupial. :sorry:
Panda? well, isn't that just typical:doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
how would you know who they were... how would you know if you were sat next a torah observant jewish believer?

Steve

p.s. that's a good attitude to have though.
How would he know? Simple, there wouldn't be a "Torah observant Jew' eating in that kind of restaurant that served pork. ;)

Upvote 0

Magentic

Apr 29, 2007
✟8,307.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

SummaScriptura

Forever Newbie
May 30, 2007
Scam Francisco
Visit site
✟49,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since I have answered all questions and refuted all errors and persuaded all, I will now, dutifully, unsubscribe.

Dinner awaits:

4522654675.jpg

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Torah and I both have explained it all verse by verse, step by step to where even a child could understand.

I have seen precious few "explanations" that actually comport with the context.

Your comment about children is apropos, however, since Paul metaphorically said the Law was only a tutor for children.

This is about what God says not some group you don't know or understand exists.
You have given no evidence only traditions of men, which Jesus warned us to avoid more than once.
Don't you realize that for many of us, Col. 2:22 in its context teaches that those seeking to impose the Law on those who are in Christ are promulgating "traditions of men"? God's Law applied where God does not intend it applied is no longer God's Law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
How would he know? Simple, there wouldn't be a "Torah observant Jew' eating in that kind of restaurant that served pork. ;)

Are all the Christians that go to pork barbeque places in sin?

Are all the chrisitans across the globe,that eat shrimp and lobster in sin?

Are all the Christians that...on my!

Seems like Galatianism all over again.

Peter was wrong,in Gal 2..Check it out.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
what if you don't like soup? Mar or otherwise? :confused:
tulc(not a soup fan) :)

well, we are not commanded to eat koala...we're just allowed to. So, I think you'd be safe to skip it as a matter of personal freedom. :thumbsup: Romans 14

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
well, we are not commanded to eat koala...we're just allowed to. So, I think you'd be safe to skip it as a matter of personal freedom. :thumbsup: Romans 14

Wonder if 'Possum tastes "marsoupial" too? The only marsoupial native to the U.S. Lotsa folks 'round here hunt them. Apropos of nothing, I must talk funny, when I was in the hospital a few months back, folks kept asking me, "You ain't from around here are you? You don't talk like folks from around here talk." So I gave them my Hank Snow recitation. I've been everywhere, man across the deserts bare, man I've breathed the mountain air, man Of travel, I've had my share, man I've been every-where. Been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota, Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota, Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma, Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma, Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo, Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla, I'm a killer. I've been everywhere, man

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess your religious system, whatever it is quasi- semi- Jewish Christian something or other, is so spiritually bankrupt that you pounce on a typo as if proved something. Reluctantly giving you the benefit of a doubt, since we have been discussing Peter's vision in Acts 10:11-16, I assume that you knew full well what I meant and you are just playing games.

Well since it made about as much sense as the rest of the stuff you've been posting on this subject it seemed to be right in line with the rest of your distorted reasoning.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well since it made about as much sense as the rest of the stuff you've been posting on this subject it seemed to be right in line with the rest of your distorted reasoning.

Giving this nonsense all the attention it merits. ██████████

Upvote 0