How many unclean animals have you eaten?

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
uhh did you der alter just say all false religions began in the late 19th century?

oh and back on topic..check this out...

Deu 14:24 "If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
Deu 14:25 then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
Deu 14:26 "You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
Deu 14:27 "Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you.

The tithe could be "whatever your heart desires" to be eaten and enjoyed in the presence of the Lord. I don't know of many churches that preach a legalistic tithe that would allow this...but I thought the anything goes for food comment was relevant.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhh did you der alter just say all false religions began in the late 19th century?

oh and back on topic..check this out...

Deu 14:24 "If the distance is so great for you that you are not able to bring the tithe, since the place where the LORD your God chooses to set His name is too far away from you when the LORD your God blesses you,
Deu 14:25 then you shall exchange it for money, and bind the money in your hand and go to the place which the LORD your God chooses.
Deu 14:26 "You may spend the money for whatever your heart desires: for oxen, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatever your heart desires; and there you shall eat in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice, you and your household.
Deu 14:27 "Also you shall not neglect the Levite who is in your town, for he has no portion or inheritance among you.

The tithe could be "whatever your heart desires" to be eaten and enjoyed in the presence of the Lord. I don't know of many churches that preach a legalistic tithe that would allow this...but I thought the anything goes for food comment was relevant.

Jacob purposed in his heart a tenth before there was anything written concerning a tithe (I sorta thought that was cute)... "all that thou givest to me I will surely give thee a tenth" (He only asked the Lord for food and raiment) wherewith we should be content but echoes Paul's words in the sense He says give as one purposes in their heart as God loves a cheerful giver ( and according to what one hath not what he hath not)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
uhh did you der alter just say all false religions began in the late 19th century? [ . . . ]

I went back and qualified my statement. I meant virtually all false religions which purport to be Christian, e.g. JW, LDS, UU, OP, anti-trin MJ, WWCG, kristadelfian, etc.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I thought so, you use to use those words alot as I recall. I posted under this same name a few years ago before it became the new board. You posted alot on the trinity section it appeared.

I calls them the way I sees them.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I went back and qualified my statement. I meant virtually all false religions which purport to be Christian, e.g. JW, LDS, UU, OP, anti-trin MJ, WWCG, kristadelfian, etc.

I disagree...but that's rather off topic, so I'll drop it.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its off topic^_^

Speaking of which. Today at lunch I had roast pork, and BBQ pork ribs. I passed on the baked ham. At the Smokehouse restaurant on Hwy 1. Their senior lunch buffet is $5 and I qualify.

Upvote 0

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did NOT address anything I said or quoted!
This passage says that "all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [ . . . ] God has cleansed [ . . . ]" I believe it says exactly what it means and means exactly what it says. You don't!

You cannot show me any organized group of believers, by any name, who believed as you do between 90 AD, when the NT was completed, and the late 19th century when virtually all false religious beliefs began. I have given historical evidence from the early church to support my view. You cannot do the same.

Torah and I both have explained it all verse by verse, step by step to where even a child could understand.
This is about what God says not some group you don't know or understand exists.
You have given no evidence only traditions of men, which Jesus warned us to avoid more than once.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of which. Today at lunch I had roast pork, and BBQ pork ribs. I passed on the baked ham. At the Smokehouse restaurant on Hwy 1. Their senior lunch buffet is $5 and I qualify.

I dont take offence of foods personally, I hope you had a nice luch, sounds like a real deal you got there:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How about if I promise to not eat un-clean animals around Christians that have a problem with us doing so, would that be alright? :scratch:
tulc(willing to pass up pork to not stumble kosher people)
:wave:

how would you know who they were... how would you know if you were sat next a torah observant jewish believer?

Steve

p.s. that's a good attitude to have though.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how would you know who they were... how would you know if you were sat next a torah observant jewish believer?

Steve

p.s. that's a good attitude to have though.

Do what I usually do: ask them. :wave:
tulc(tries to ask questions and not assume things) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Der Alter said:
You did NOT address anything I said or quoted!

This passage says that "all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [ . . . ] God has cleansed [ . . . ]" I believe it says exactly what it means and means exactly what it says. You don't!

You cannot show me any organized group of believers, by any name, who believed as you do between 90 AD, when the NT was completed, and the late 19th century when virtually all false religious beliefs began. I have given historical evidence from the early church to support my view. You cannot do the same.

Torah and I both have explained it all verse by verse, step by step to where even a child could understand.
This is about what God says not some group you don't know or understand exists.

You have given no evidence only traditions of men, which Jesus warned us to avoid more than once.

Then you do not have a clue what "historical evidence" is. Once again you ignored and failed to address my questions and points. So I repeat, you claim falsely to believe that God says what he means and means what he says. You do NOT in fact believe that! The passage under discussion, Acts 10:11-16, says that "all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. [ . . . ] God has cleansed [ . . . ]" I believe it says exactly what it means and means exactly what it says. But you don't! You choose to ignore the words from heaven and substitute your human reasoning claiming how Paul applied the words of the vision, in one instance, are what God really meant.
Act 10:11-16
(11)
And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
(12) Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
(13) And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
(14) But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
(15) And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
(16) This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.​
You accuse me of giving the traditions of men but I have shown historical evidence how the early church understood Acts 10:11-16. They understood the verse, as I do, it means exactly what it says and says exactly what it means. "God has cleansed all manner of four footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air."

In your adherence to the traditions of men you fail to understand the purpose of me pointing out that there is no organized group of believers who believed and practiced as you do between 90 AD and the late 19th century.

Jesus said I will build my church upon the rock and the gates of hell cannot prevail against it. But people like you would have us believe that the church that Jesus built disappeared from the earth for 1900 years +/- only to be revived by the person that began your particular religious group, in the 19th century or later. If your views on the dietary laws is correct then we should be able to see Christians who practiced that throughout the history of the church. But as I have said we do not.

Upvote 0

Deut 5:29

Dec 10, 2009
✟2,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read the whole story with it's explaination in your own Bible, Der Alter.
You can't just make up you own explaination when God gives it to you right there in the same context. :doh:

Several years after “The New Covenant” was established we come to an account in Act. 10, that should explain a lot about whether we should observe God’s Law about clean and unclean meat.

Starting in Act. 10: 9b we read that; Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour. 10 Then he became very hungry and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance 11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”

Now Peter did not jump to the same conclusion that many do today. In verse 14 Peter says, [and I quote] “Not so Lord!” Now you better be pretty sure when you say “Not so Lord!” Telling God He is wrong is not a small thing. Continuing now in verse 14 Peter says; “For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.”
This happened three times and each time Peter said “Not so Lord.” I ain’t eatin’ that nasty stuff.

Since Peter knew, that the Law about clean and unclean meat had not been done away, he began to wonder what in the world this vision meant. Some reading this might wonder the same thing. If we keep reading, when we get to verse 28, we find that the vision was not about clean and unclean meat. It was about not calling any man “common or unclean.”

In verses 29 through 32 we read this experience Peter went through was as a result of Cornelius’ prayers.

If we read far enough we find that this was God’s way of teaching His Church that Gentiles could also receive eternal life, something these folks had not considered.
Read on through verse 44 and then on through Act. 11:18.

So, along with teaching us that God will ultimately call all men and that we are no better than anyone else, it also confirms that God’s Law about clean and unclean meat is still in force.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the whole story with it's explaination in your own Bible, Der Alter.
You can't just make up you own explaination when God gives it to you right there in the same context.

I have not made up anything. I addressed your post but you evidently cannot address mine. You made assertions, I have proven those assertions false. You do not in fact believe what you claim to believe. In Acts 8:11-16 a voice from heaven speaks but you do not accept or believe what that voice says. Instead you claim what the voice "really meant" was how Peter applied the words in one instance. Is there any instance in the entire Bible where God gave a command to someone and meant something else entirely?

Upvote 0