How many types of Sabbath are there?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
There is the weekly Sabbath. 7th day.
There is a month [ week of months] Sabbath. 7th month.
There is a year [week of years ] Sabbath. 7th year. Restitution
There is a Jubilee [week of week of years] 50th year Land shall rest.
There is a 7th week [ a week of weeks] Sabbath. Pentecost
There is a thousand year rest [ a week of Milliniums ] Sabbath rest.

There are Sabbaths that the Lord declared are Sabbaths. Lev 23.

Are there any more?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,877.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Are there any more?

What is "week of months" or "month" as a Sabbath? I don't think I know about that one.

What about Passover and Day of Atonement?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
What is "week of months" or "month" as a Sabbath? I don't think I know about that one.

What about Passover and Day of Atonement?
A week of months lands you at Rosh Hashanna
Passover is not a Sabbath, but Unlevened Bread is on its first day and last day.
Yom Kippur is Shabbat Shabbaton [Sabbath of Solemn Rest] or [Sabbath of Sabbaths] because, on Yom Kippur solemnity and cessation of work is absolute.

Upvote 0

R7-12

Aug 17, 2004
North of the 49th, West of the Rockies
Visit site
✟4,782.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Divorced
The first day the first month of the year (Abib/Nisan) and the first day of every month of the year is a New Moon (determined by conjunction – not sight) and a Holy Day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The Day of Covering (Atonement) is an annual Holy Day, a day of fasting and a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The First and Last Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread are both Holy Days, rest days, and thus, Sabbaths.

Pentecost (Feast of Weeks) is an annual Holy Day that always occurs on the first day of the week, it’s a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The first day of the seventh month is another New Moon also called the Day of Blowing (sounding an alarm, or Trumpets) it’s an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The First Day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Booths) is an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The Last Great Day, which occurs the day after the Feast of Tabernacles concludes, is an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

A total of seven annual Holy Days (Sabbaths) throughout the year in addition to all of the New Moons (which are rest days and a "type" of Sabbath, but are not referred to in the Bible as Sabbaths).

• Winner
Reactions: Semper-Fi
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
The first day the first month of the year (Abib/Nisan) and the first day of every month of the year is a New Moon (determined by conjunction – not sight) and a Holy Day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The Day of Covering (Atonement) is an annual Holy Day, a day of fasting and a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The First and Last Day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread are both Holy Days, rest days, and thus, Sabbaths.

Pentecost (Feast of Weeks) is an annual Holy Day that always occurs on the first day of the week, it’s a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The first day of the seventh month is another New Moon also called the Day of Blowing (sounding an alarm, or Trumpets) it’s an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The First Day of the Feast of Tabernacles (Booths) is an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

The Last Great Day, which occurs the day after the Feast of Tabernacles concludes, is an annual Holy Day, a rest day, and thus, a Sabbath.

A total of seven annual Holy Days (Sabbaths) throughout the year in addition to all of the New Moons (which are rest days and a "type" of Sabbath, but are not referred to in the Bible as Sabbaths).
Jubilee too

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Are there any more?

There is a Shabbat hour in every day. The first hour of prayer, (same as the morning oblation), is the beginning of the week of hours in every sacred calendar day. These weeks are shabuim yamim, (Daniel 10:2-3), for example, 180 full days contain 1260 yamim counting the seven hours in a day in the sacred calendar day, (7*180=1260).

Wherein he showed the riches of his glorious kingdom and the honor of his excellent majesty yamim rabim, eighty and a hundred yom.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0