• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How many times is Satan cast out of heaven?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Dave Ulchers, Mar 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Ulchers

Dave Ulchers Active Member

+0
    It would seem to me that this could (and did) only occur once during the mission of the seventy-two.

Luke 10:18
    Revelations 12:9
    Yet sometimes people try to tell me Revelations 12 hasn't happened yet?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. 2002 Christian

2002 Christian Member

+0
    In the time of Job Satan was allowed into "heaven," even though this was after his rebellion in heaven was put down.

Job 1
    6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.
    7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

3. Dave Ulchers

Dave Ulchers Active Member

+0
    Well, Job is regarded as purely allegorical in my church...

4. soulsisterclaire

soulsisterclaire JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME

+0
    Oh, Dave... :rolleyes:

5. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    I think satan gets thrown out of heaven as often as he needs to be!

6. zamar

zamar Member

+0
    Light and Darkness cannot co-exist.

Z

7. sulphur

sulphur thylacine

+0
    *edited due to a violation of CF rule #6.

God bless,

Reformationist

8. Reformationist

Reformationist Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam

+412
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    sulphur, this is a Christian Only forum.  You, being an agnostic, are not allowed to post here.  I have told you this before.  Now I have given you an official warning.  Continuing to post in CO forums will result in a suspension of your posting privileges.

God bless

9. sulphur

sulphur thylacine

+0
    dear reformtionist,
    I understand what you say.But perhaps those that have some knowledge can add to sensible discussion .I have been baptised and con firmed in the anglican church and I could take communion at that church without question. The only difference between us is faith and I have seen enough to make me doubt.I do not deny the existance of god nor am I saying there is no god. Iwill find out when I die
    In death there is peace

10. Reformationist

Reformationist Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam

+412
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I am not, nor have I ever said that you would not add something to the discussion.  You and I both are subject to the rules of this forum.  One of those rules is that those who are not Christian, that would be you, are not authorized to participate in discussions in the CO forums.  You are the one with doubts about your faith.  No offense sulphur but why would a Christian want an opinion about Christian theological issues from someone who has no faith in God?  I am going to go ahead and not officially warn you again for posting here again.  However, if you continue to do so, even for the purposes of questioning this ruling, you will be warned and eventually have your posting privileges suspended.  Feel free to PM me if you have further questions.

God bless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.