Martinez
✟902,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does passing from death to life have to do with being born from above?

And once born, should you feel God's presence everyday until death
Regeneration is the restoration of the relationship once lost through Adam and Eve and now restored through our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We are now in the Kingdom of God aka The Body of Christ. Through our passage from death unto life meaning, the second death has no power over us, we walk in His Holy Spirit daily. This can come in many forms as he is guiding us through life so that our sanctification will become more like Christ. There are times we "quench" the work of the Holy Spirit however He never leaves us. And if He does leave us, it is only through an apostate heart. Rest in this.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,425.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Regeneration is the restoration of the relationship once lost through Adam and Eve and now restored through our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. We are now in the Kingdom of God aka The Body of Christ. Through our passage from death unto life meaning, the second death has no power over us, we walk in His Holy Spirit daily. This can come in many forms as he is guiding us through life so that our sanctification will become more like Christ. There are times we "quench" the work of the Holy Spirit however He never leaves us. And if He does leave us, it is only through an apostate heart. Rest in this.
Blessings

He promises never to leave us...

But He may withdraw for a period so that we get 'the message'

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,425.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I read it again...I see what you were trying to say...and for the record...I wasn't trying to flip nothing....just read it fast....
And misunderstood...

C7 beyond all the words and responding argument I think you have a good message for us.

Do you think it would be better to communicate with a statement rather than a question?

Otherwise the gem you have can be missed in the fray...

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John MacArthur (A Calvinist) also teaches that a believer can commit suicide and still be saved.

He says, I quote: "At the trial, MacArthur, 45, is seeking to clarify his church’s teaching on suicide. “It’s not only a sin, it’s illegal,” he says. “But we teach that even if a believer takes his own life, the Lord will still receive him into His presence.”

Source:
Fundamentalist Clergymen Face Charges of 'Malpractice' When a Parishioner Turns to Suicide

John MacArthur says that a person can take the mark of the beast and they can still be saved afterwards. Listen to this audio clip by him here:

https://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/audio/macarthur-take-mark.mp3

John MacArthur says, ".. sin does not result in spiritual death for the believer ... (The MacArthur Study Bible, p. 1927, comment on James 1:15)"

Whatever
I've been to his Church and heard hundreds of his sermons.

Tell us who's a more solid Preacher.
Include video
I've got to see this for myself.

RC Sproul also was great.
Will go down in history
as one of the best.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He may withdraw for a period so that we get 'the message'

Actually, I think that we may withdraw for a period and then He sends a message.
Leading up to Repentance can be painful.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I disagree,
I believe it should be "spelled" out, looked up
And studied to see if it's the same meaning at all times....otherwise how would you account for multiple meanings in the dictionary, or different inflectional endings or changes in translation over time?

Christ is Life...but do we experience the quality of life that is in Him....? THIS STATEMENT MAKES IT IMPORTANT TO SPELL IT OUT

Another fine example of this is in John 5

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

Did Jesus have to say "But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life"

Does He have to say Eternal Life in the last verse for you to understand that He is speaking about Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whatever
I've been to his Church and heard hundreds of his sermons.

Tell us who's a more solid Preacher.
Include video
I've got to see this for myself.

RC Sproul also was great.
Will go down in history
as one of the best.

M-Bob

So you don’t care he teaches that we can commit grievous sin and we can still be saved? Ever heard of George Sodini?

On August 4th, 2009, 48 year old George Sodini shot 9 people in a Pittsburg Pennsylvania health club.

George Sodini, mass murderer and professed Christian Eternal Securist wrote; “Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them.”

Source:
GEORGE SODINI

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you don’t care he teaches that we can commit grievous sin and we can still be saved? Ever heard of George Sodini?

On August 4th, 2009, 48 year old George Sodini shot 9 people in a Pittsburg Pennsylvania health club.

George Sodini, mass murderer and professed Christian Eternal Securist wrote; “Maybe soon, I will see God and Jesus. At least that is what I was told. Eternal life does NOT depend on works. If it did, we will all be in hell. Christ paid for EVERY sin, so how can I or you be judged BY GOD for a sin when the penalty was ALREADY paid. People judge but that does not matter. I was reading the Bible and The Integrity of God beginning yesterday, because soon I will see them.”

Source:
GEORGE SODINI
If this example is the basis for a biblical doctrine, how sad.

Jesus taught that whoever believes possesses eternal life in John 5:24 an 6:47.

He also taught that those He gives eternal life shall never perish in John 10:28.

So, by connecting the dots, at the MOMENT of belief in Christ for salvation, Jesus promises that the believer is given eternal life and shall never perish.

So, ANY kind of doctrine whereby salvation can be lost, by any reason, is unscriptural and directly contradicts what Jesus taught.

What these OSNAS types ignore are the warnings of God's painful discipline for bad behavior. Instead, they default to the nonsense that eternal security leads to licentious behavior. They conveniently ignore the painful consequences for a sinful lifestyle.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where is Eternal Life?

11And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

WHAT IS LIFE ETERNAL?
Can we agree that it is an Intimate relationship with God and His son?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where is Eternal Life?

11And this is that testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

WHAT IS LIFE ETERNAL?
Can we agree that it is an Intimate relationship with God and His son?

Here is a question one can study.

We know there are many translation of the Bible. And not all say the same thing.

So has any body ever seen "eternal life" vs. "life eternal"
I said this because I studied "Jesus Christ" vs. "Christ Jesus" at one pont

And also Holy ghost vs Holy spirit

My conclusion was that the reverse had to do with position of location. On earth/in heaven. Or before the resurrection and after the resurrection. So in regards to eternal life
If it may be found differently in the earlier text...we may find that one is referring to quality of life on earth vs. In heaven. Strictly my assumption.

Upvote 0

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
So at the point you do not mind the things of the spirit there then is condemnation?
The actual wording is "walk after" (as opposed to "mind").

When a Christian sins he breaks fellowship with God, but he doesn't break his relationship with Him (he's still a regenerate child of God between the time he sins and the time he repents of that sin). During that time the indwelt Holy Spirit will convict him of his need to repent of that sin.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When a Christian sins he breaks fellowship with God, but he doesn't break his relationship with Him (he's still a regenerate child of God between the time he sins and the time he repents of that sin). During that time the indwelt Holy Spirit will convict him of his need to repent of that sin.
Here is a question for you then. There is no sin in Christ right? And the wages of sin is death, spiritual separation right? THEN, THE QUESTION IS...EITHER SIN HAS ANOTHER MEANING, WE ARE NOT IN Christ, or the preposition means something else. I have an Ideal..but what are your thoughts?

Upvote 0

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
Here is a question for you then. There is no sin in Christ right? And the wages of sin is death, spiritual separation right? THEN, THE QUESTION IS...EITHER SIN HAS ANOTHER MEANING, WE ARE NOT IN Christ, or the preposition means something else. I have an Ideal..but what are your thoughts?
The new creature is 100% in Christ.
The flesh is 100% out of Christ.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 (KJV)

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. Romans 7:17-18 (KJV)

• Friendly
Reactions: corinth77777
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are saved
Being brought into the light [correct]?
Meaning the light guides are path

Now we can be saved by being forgiven
Of our present sins

The questions are then :
What order does conversion, regeneration, sanctification, justification and Glorification take?

And what defines each...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
C7 beyond all the words and responding argument I think you have a good message for us.

Do you think it would be better to communicate with a statement rather than a question?

Otherwise the gem you have can be missed in the fray...
I think because I am also learning, Questions are a way to show of the need for feed back.
Someone may understand something that I don't. And that way able to learn from each other...

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No difference to me...I guess because I think of it as minding your manners, or mind your parents, simply meaning: do what is desirable to healthy living

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,425.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think because I am also learning, Questions are a way to show of the need for feed back.
Someone may understand something that I don't. And that way able to learn from each other...

Yes I must agree I do the same at times.

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟322,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does passing from death to life have to do with being born from above?

And once born, should you feel God's presence everyday until death
We can be justified, made new creations, and then later return to a life of sin, living in the flesh, rejecting the heavenly gift that we've tasted, mocking God, and so lose our state of justice /righteousness. We are freely justified-made just, by the only One who can do so once we enter communion with Him through faith. He places his law in our hearts and writes it on our minds. We cooperate, washing our robes-since there's no end to the holiness we can possess- or we don't. Either way we reap what we sow, to the Spirit or to the flesh. We take God's gift and "invest" it, or we might bury it. In this way we work out our salvation with He who works in us.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can be justified, made new creations, and then later return to a life of sin, living in the flesh, rejecting the heavenly gift that we've tasted, mocking God, and so lose our state of justice /righteousness. We are freely justified-made just, by the only One who can do so once we enter communion with Him through faith. He places his law in our hearts and writes it on our minds. We cooperate, washing our robes-since there's no end to the holiness we can possess- or we don't. Either way we reap what we sow, to the Spirit or to the flesh. We take God's gift and "invest" it, or we might bury it. In this way we work out our salvation with He who works in us.
So you believe

Upvote 0