Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shakewell

Jun 17, 2013
✟40,638.00
Faith
Christian
A person can only be regenerated once; and it's a permanent regeneration.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 (KJV)

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 (KJV)

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10:28-29 (KJV)

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17 (KJV)

What does passing from death to life have to do with being born from above?
Those are 2 different descriptions of what happens at the moment of regeneration.

Born again: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6 (KJV)

Passing from death to life: And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Eph 2:1 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24 (KJV)

And once born, should you feel God's presence everyday until death

It depends on whether the born again, eternally secure person is walking after his unredeemed flesh or after the Holy Spirit, who indwells him.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (KJV)
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5 (KJV)

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"Restore onto me" ?
Well He did not loose it if He Knows where to find it. And definitely He asked the right person.

But glad you brought this up...Is the Joy His Salvation, Is it what come from having Salvation.

So In a sense no one loses Salvation[noun] if they know where to find it. But sense the Joy stems from it and is our strength...when we feel a loss of Joy are we not also in an unsaved position. Another words if the kingdom we enter upon regeneration is peace and Joy in the Holy Spirit and we lack Peace and Joy are we still living in the kingdom?
@GaveMeJoy

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi, it doesn't say "eternal" read it again

Well what kind of life do Jesus was speaking about since the whole subject of The Gospel John is about believing in Jesus for Eternal Life.

So you tell me what kind of life is this and again stay with the context of The Gospel of John

Do you not understand Eternal Life does not have to be spelled out every time. Same as John 20:31

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A person can only be regenerated once; and it's a permanent regeneration.
And does that regeneration mean passing from death to life? If so what is the meaning of death and what is the meaning of life?

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 1 John 3:9 (KJV)

How long does His seed remain in Him? Or what conditions does the seed need to remain. Reference scripture

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:14 (KJV) Amen
Does Drinketh mean continually drinketh?

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 10:28-29 (KJV)
What is the condition in which this happens?

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Cor 5:17 (KJV)
Doesn't To be "in" means to abide, to eat from as to keep His commands?

Those are 2 different descriptions of what happens at the moment of regeneration.
But are they the same?

Born again: That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6 (KJV)
Amen

Passing from death to life: And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Eph 2:1 (KJV)
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24 (KJV)
Amen, And wouldn't they also know they had passed from death to life? Again the word "believeth" doesn't that mean continually believes. Doesn't God's word have to continue to live and remain in you?

As this passage indicates John 15:7

Does born me conceived? If not has anyone been born yet?

If the Angels are waiting to see who the sons of God will be?

It depends on whether the born again, eternally secure person is walking after his unredeemed flesh or after the Holy Spirit, who indwells him.
Did Job have Joy and Peace? Even though He trusted God? Or did Job not trust Him? Scripture reference plz

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. Romans 8:1 (KJV)
For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. Romans 8:5 (KJV)
So at the point you do not mind the things of the spirit there then is condemnation? What happens to that person who fails to abide? Another words you can be in the light and walk In darkness?
If yes explain your answer, if no explain your answer...

Peace

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

We can put Him off and run for a while with ourselves and sin but, when he gives us a little spanking it won't be pretty.

That is if we are one of His.
All others are on their own.
Enjoy it while you can.
Fake pleasure.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well what kind of life do Jesus was speaking about since the whole subject of The Gospel John is about believing in Jesus for Eternal Life.

So you tell me what kind of life is this and again stay with the context of The Gospel of John

Do you not understand Eternal Life does not have to be spelled out every time. Same as John 20:31
I disagree,
I believe it should be "spelled" out, looked up
And studied to see if it's the same meaning at all times....otherwise how would you account for multiple meanings in the dictionary, or different inflectional endings or changes in translation over time?

Christ is Life...but do we experience the quality of life that is in Him....? THIS STATEMENT MAKES IT IMPORTANT TO SPELL IT OUT

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can put Him off and run for a while with ourselves and sin but, when he gives us a little spanking it won't be pretty.

That is if we are one of His.
All others are on their own.
Enjoy it while you can.
Fake pleasure.

M-Bob
Why would His pleasure be fake? Plz give scripture reference...Did He not come that we may have life and have it more abundantly? If so are you calling abundant life or living fake?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would His pleasure be fake? Plz give scripture reference...Did He not come that we may have life and have it more abundantly? If so are you calling abundant life or living fake?

You missed the point?
Or apparently tried to turn it around?
Most born again ones
will understand my simple post (statement).
M-Bob

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You missed the point?
Or apparently tried to turn it around?
Most born again ones
will understand my simple post (statement).
M-Bob
Well tell me the point I missed. Because if being sarcastic and rude is the requirement for being born again I want nothing to do with what the others understand and are born from.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And basically if you should have Joy and peace everyday....If he answers that then explain His words.

Explained a little deeper
joy and peace.
Many blessings sent
from, MB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I disagree,
I believe it should be "spelled" out, looked up
And studied to see if it's the same meaning at all times....otherwise how would you account for multiple meanings in the dictionary, or different inflectional endings or changes in translation over time?

Christ is Life...but do we experience the quality of life that is in Him....? THIS STATEMENT MAKES IT IMPORTANT TO SPELL IT OUT

Talk is cheap and easy, then prove it from the Gospel of John with verses stating that the life spoken about connected with resurrection in John 11 is a life other than Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In John 5:24, not only did Jesus tell them to believe in Him as a part of passing from death unto life and not perishing, but He also told them to hear his words (i.e. to obey Him), too. In other words, John 5:24 teaches both Justification and Sanctification is needed for salvation. James 2:24, and 2 Thessalonians 2:13 also teach that we need both Justification and Sanctification as a part of salvation, too.

Acts of the Apostles 3:23 says a similar thing, too.
It says any man who does not hear (obeys) that prophet (JESUS), they shall be destroyed. I sure do not want to be destroyed by not hearing or obeying that prophet Jesus. Do you? So we should all seek to obey Jesus and not just to have a professing belief alone in Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: corinth77777
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi, it doesn't say "eternal" read it again

Jesus alone possesses immortality (1 Timothy 6:16).
To have eternal life, we need to abide in the Son (1 John 5:12).
He that does not abide in the Son does not have life (eternal life) (1 John 5:12).
A way that we can know we are abiding in the Son or the Lord is if we find that we are keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3). The person who says they know the Lord and they do not keep His commandments, they are a liar and the truth is not in them (1 John 2:4). Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life (eternal life) (John 14:6). So if a person does not obey His commands, the TRUTH (Jesus) is not in them; And one needs to have Jesus living in them in order to have life (i.e. eternal life).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus compared our spiritual birth with a real physical birth. We are born physically one time, and this is true for our spiritual birth, as well. But... a person can die and be brought back to life in the real world, too. Ever see the Christian movie for the true life story of a boy who died and came back to life?

This is why in the Parable of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32), we read how that when the son who came home to his father and sought forgiveness with him, his father said that his son was "dead" and he is now "alive again." The parable is speaking in spiritual terms. The son was dead spiritually when he was spending his inheritance money on prostitutes, and he became alive again spiritually when he came back home to the father and sought forgiveness over what he did with him. James 5:19-20 expresses a similar truth, as well. So yes. One can be born again only one time, and then they can later die spiritually and be resuscitated back to life again spiritually by the Lord (Which parallels even real life).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This man explains being born again.

John MacArthur (A Calvinist) also teaches that a believer can commit suicide and still be saved.

He says, I quote: "At the trial, MacArthur, 45, is seeking to clarify his church’s teaching on suicide. “It’s not only a sin, it’s illegal,” he says. “But we teach that even if a believer takes his own life, the Lord will still receive him into His presence.”

Source:
Fundamentalist Clergymen Face Charges of 'Malpractice' When a Parishioner Turns to Suicide

John MacArthur says that a person can take the mark of the beast and they can still be saved afterwards. Listen to this audio clip by him here:

https://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/audio/macarthur-take-mark.mp3

John MacArthur says, ".. sin does not result in spiritual death for the believer ... (The MacArthur Study Bible, p. 1927, comment on James 1:15)"

Last edited:
Upvote 0