How many of the Elect will hear "Well done" from Jesus.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus gives us many parables to try to decipher. In many of those parables are the words "Well done good and faithful servant" these are words every believer should long more than anything to hear. In Christ's parables though they seem to be words always given. As if they're vain and empty in their meaning (they're not. They're the six greatest words you will EVER hear.)

It seems like goats and I'm not just talking about Matthew 25 always disappoint the King (Jesus) because of a lack of faith they are punished by him. Those who escape punishment are the Elect or those who have faith. So my question is will all who believe in Jesus hear "well done" or are they conditional words that only a select few will get to hear?

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
will all who believe in Jesus hear "well done"

the good and faithful servant will hear "well done, thou good and faithful servant"

are they conditional words that only a select few will get to hear?

I expect that 100% of the good and faithful servants will hear them

"Lord, help, guide and make me to be a good and faithful servant today, seeking, knowing and doing the will of your Father, heeding your teachings and words, building my house upon them" is probably a good start

Matthew 7:21-27

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It has always been a matter of rejecting the ways of man in favour of the will of God. The object of repentance. It has manifested itself in many ways over the centuries as man sought to not overcome physically, but to live under oppression of fellow man but free in spirit. In this modern day and age, that challenge takes on new heights as Corporatism has taken over the world and rules over nations, now being the ultimate oppressor and setting the stage for a single world ruler. How many will remain free in spirit while the oppressor enslaves or kills the body?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟720,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jesus gives us many parables to try to decipher. In many of those parables are the words "Well done good and faithful servant" these are words every believer should long more than anything to hear. In Christ's parables though they seem to be words always given. As if they're vain and empty in their meaning (they're not. They're the six greatest words you will EVER hear.)

It seems like goats and I'm not just talking about Matthew 25 always disappoint the King (Jesus) because of a lack of faith they are punished by him. Those who escape punishment are the Elect or those who have faith. So my question is will all who believe in Jesus hear "well done" or are they conditional words that only a select few will get to hear?

All the saved will hear it .... all those in the 1st resurrection.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you only interested in the Calvanist view on the matter? I can certainly give you the non-Calvanist view if allowed. Be blessed.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Are you only interested in the Calvanist view on the matter? I can certainly give you the non-Calvanist view if allowed. Be blessed.

Nope topic is open to all views.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope topic is open to all views.
Awesome! You said "Those who escape punishment are the Elect or those who have faith. "What is the difference between the two groups? ( This is for clarity on my part)

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟323,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Anyone who makes it to heaven has done well-with the gifts-the grace- given.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Awesome! You said "Those who escape punishment are the Elect or those who have faith. "What is the difference between the two groups? ( This is for clarity on my part)

There is no difference. Except maybe that faith is a gift from God. But I grouped them together as to not offend other Christians. I want everyone to feel comfortable around me and my thread. Really there is no difference.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no difference. Except maybe that faith is a gift from God. But I grouped them together as to not offend other Christians. I want everyone to feel comfortable around me and my thread. Really there is no difference.
Ok the Elect are all who are in the Body of Christ. Wonderful. Then all of these people will be with the Lord because they have "done well".

• Winner
Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟919,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ok the Elect are all who are in the Body of Christ. Wonderful. Then all of these people will be with the Lord because they have "done well".

I thought you'd say that. That seems to be the majority opinion then. Good. I was hoping as much.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

This is a good question to ask, and it has been a major point of eschatological concern, to the point that the priest, in a very large number of ancient Eastern eucharistic prayers, refers to himself as a “weak and unprofitable servant” and we find similiar penitential language in the traditional Western Rite (the precommunion prayer “Lord, although I am not worthy to enter under Thy roof...” etc)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Impossible question to answer this side of the Eschaton.

God wills salvation.
God accomplishes salvation.

And yet we are warned in Scripture of the danger of apostasy. So, at the very least, there may be those who, though nevertheless had heard and believed the Gospel later fall away and turn against their own salvation. That's a warning Scripture makes, and it should be taken seriously. It doesn't tell us who, if any, have or will fall away, only that the warning is real.

We do not know the sheep from the goats, or the wheat from the tares; the only One who does and who will separate them is the One who does on the Day of His Coming Judgment, when He returns in glory as Judge of the living and the dead.

And, more importantly, it's not our business to know. The moment we think we can start judging the salvation of our brother or sister is the day we forget the logs in our own eyes; as well as the fact that we are held equally in contempt as bold ugly sinners under the Law.

The message we proclaim is the message of salvation, not the message of damnation. The message of damnation is already present in the Law, though we do continue to preach the Law to expose the nakedness of our sin; the message of salvation is the message which Christ especially called His Church to. And it is the message of salvation that we proclaim among the nations.

And it's the message we preach and proclaim to one another as well.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Depends on whether after you believe in Jesus, you continue to beat your slaves.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, at the very least, there may be those who, though nevertheless had heard and believed the Gospel later fall away and turn against their own salvation.
That would depend on what their gospel is in the first place. It seems that with Jesus' Gospel of the Kingdom, that once man understands the evils of our self centred nature and choses the ways of the Kingdom instead, that it would be rather hard for them to re-join what they hate about the world of man. Of course that was no problem for those who called themselves Christians but never left the way of man and built their empire, for they never believed His Gospel in the first place.

• Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

testifier_uk

Dec 2, 2021
Bolton
✟2,406.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I think it is straight forward talk, good and faithful is when there is faithfulness over a few things....

Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

It ties in directly with Revelations 3, of the works, and the strength to do them with a little strength ( a few) to keep the word of Jesus, to not deny His name.

Keeping the word of His patience, ( a few things in a little strength) keeps hem from the hour of temptation, ( where no man can have any strength or any faithfulness)

Revelation 3:7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Upvote 0