How Many More Years Will Trump Serve As President?

How Many More Years Will Trump Serve As President

• less than 2 years

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • from 2 to 3 years

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • more than 3; he will be re-elected

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
IMHO, Democrats need to focus on issues and negotiating with McConnell in Congress.

And, yes, Democrats need to focus on winning seats that are close in the election. They need to focus on individual campaigns. IMHO, Democrats can easily win the normal number of House seats, and more, if they stay focused. What happens (and is said) in the safe seats (both sides) is largely irrelevant.

There are lost of Democratic seats up for grabs in the Senate. It will take a lot of work to end up with a majority, but it is possible. The situation in Arizona certainly helps.

Democrats must stop focusing on Donald Trump, except when he does things like Charlottesville and supporting Moore. Mueller, the FBI, Justice and the CIA don't need Democratic help unless McConnell asks for it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No goal posts at all they were making the claim during his first year. He was diagnosed until 13 years later.

Give me a break.

???

I am a lifelong Democrat. I believe that Reagan was one of the three best presidents of the 20th century, likely in the top 5 ever. That being said, I believe that Reagan's symptoms were apparent long before 13 years later. They were apparent as early as the last year of his first term.

When Did Reagan's First Signs of Alzheimer's Appear?

Obviously, we don't know what his family and doctors knew. We are only (some trained) observers viewing behavior from afar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If I had the time. Try google news

I did, but couldn't find any. All I could find were references to people treating him as kind of slow-witted.

Here is where you discredit the post because I don’t provide a link.

I can't outright prove you're wrong, but I also don't trust you to get your facts correct.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, Reagan slept at meeting. He was forgetful at times. But, he was NOT slow-witted at any point in his presidency. His doctors have said that they saw him regularly (much more often then Trump) and do NOT believe that he ever stepped over the line and exhibit dementia or early onset.

REAGAN'S TWILIGHT -- A special report.; A President Fades Into a World Apart

To me, it is important to note that Reagan was under continual care. No one made believe that he needed no medical observation.

And, let's be clear, the president was attacked by Democrats for his actions and his policies (as should be the case). There were Iran-Contra hearings. There were discussions of impeachment. Oliver North took the fall for the president.

I did, but couldn't find any. All I could find were references to people treating him as kind of slow-witted.

I can't outright prove you're wrong, but I also don't trust you to get your facts correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I feel the same about you.

Here is one difference possibly. I was in my 20’s when Reagan was in office and I remember talking about all the crap the media was saying about him.

When he left office and years later he was diagnosed, they were finallly right.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, Reagan slept at meeting. He was forgetful at times. But, he was NOT slow-witted at any point in his presidency. His doctors have said that they saw him regularly (much more often then Trump) and do NOT believe that he ever stepped over the line and exhibit dementia or early onset.

REAGAN'S TWILIGHT -- A special report.; A President Fades Into a World Apart

To me, it is important to note that Reagan was under continual care. No one made believe that he needed no medical observation.

And, let's be clear, the president was attacked by Democrats for his actions and his policies (as should be the case). There were Iran-Contra hearings. There were discussions of impeachment. Oliver North took the fall for the president.

To be clear, I'm not saying he was slow-witted. I'm asking for evidence that there were rumors going around that he had dementia, or more specifically Alzheimers, as early as his first year in office. I'm not saying that didn't happen, but I haven't been able to find evidence of it.

I feel the same about you.

That's why I generally try to provide evidence to back up my claims instead of expecting people to take me at my word, particularly about events that happened 30+ years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
To be clear, I'm not saying he was slow-witted. I'm asking for evidence that there were rumors going around that he had dementia, or more specifically Alzheimers, as early as his first year in office. I'm not saying that didn't happen, but I haven't been able to find evidence of it.

fair enough

I apologize for any misunderstand or any offense.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If he solves the immigration and trade deficit problems I say make him KING! :bow:

:)

Solving immigration will need to wait for President Rubio. However, some steps can be taken if enough business leaders make clear to Trump that foreign workers are needed. Yes, there ways to improve the labor participation rate, but Trump doesn't seem to be too interested.

I don't see Trump (or the House) signing the grand bargain which would include changing the immigration system to become primarily merit based, increased legal immigration, stricter visa control, stricter control on businesses hiring illegal workers, and a path to at citizenship for those here.
===
We could discuss the trade deficit "problems" in another thread if you wish. I agree with most economists and financial professionals. I don't think that there is deficit "problem". We sometimes have problems with regard to the competitiveness of our corporations and workers. That is rather a different perspective. We do need more training for those who aren't working. We do need accessible childcare and healthcare. We do need to have a STEM workforce that includes more than 15% women. And YES, we needed to reduce the corporate tax rate, and we need to continue to act to make it more advantageous for companies to move to the US (without resorting to tariffs unless there is illegal activity).

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most interesting poll here. Considering how low the President's numbers are in the polls now, and have been for months now, I am surprised that 36% think he will run again and be re-elected.

I guess the idea is that the Russian and financial issues of his staff will go away, and the strong growth of the economy for another 3 years will be enough to keep him in office.

Personally, I don't think that he will want another 4 years. He has already done a lot of what he wanted to do. BTW, I don't say this in jest. He will have made a huge mark on the judicial system, on future economies, and his family's personal fortunes. He has 3 years to build up the military, build his wall and to reform immigration. If he can't do these things in three years, he'll be very frustrated. But four more years won't help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0