How Many More Years Will Trump Serve As President?

How Many More Years Will Trump Serve As President

• less than 2 years

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • from 2 to 3 years

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • more than 3; he will be re-elected

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Steve Bannon reportedly thinks Trump only has a 30% chance of finishing his term

Bannon has stated that he believes that there is a 30% chance of Trump finishing his first term. What say you?

Trump could get impeached.

He could be kicked out by Pence and the cabinet.

He could choose not to run for re-election, resigning before his term is up

He could finish his term.

He could run for re-election and lose.

He could run for re-election and win.

Shadow

Site Supporter
May 29, 2015
✟94,972.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Unless there is a really dramatic and historic turn of events, I can see him serving a full-term and even being re-elected. His base seem to stand by him no matter what and the Democrats have not shown much leadership as they swing from one bout of uncontrolled outrage to the next. They have led Trump control events and the news cycle thinking it will win them the mid-terms. I'm not sure it will be that straight forward given how polarised everything is now.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
First, let me state that I think that serving out his term is most likely, with an early 2020 announcement that he is not running for re-election.
==================
Impeachment could take place, if it does, in 2019, after the new House is seated. The Democrats would have a majority of the House. [Note the House indicts; it is up to the Senate to convict or not].

Trump would unlikely not be convicted in the Senate if all Republicans voted for him. However, if there is enough evidence in the Mueller Report or given to the Senate Intelligence Committee, then Trump continuing would be problematic.

I agree that Trump wouldn't be impeached. If it is bad enough (as it was for Nixon), Trump would either resign or have Pence and the cabinet push him out. There would be no Senate trial or vote.e

He will not be impeached. He will not be kicked out. He will not serve a second term. He will finish his first term in its entirety, and then he will go away.

I do fear for his life, though.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This investigation is done. Any attempt to use it to force him out will result in civil insurrection against the DNC and RNC, if not full civil war.

Oh, you’d like to think so......the investigation is far from over.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He will probably finish his first term. More than likely he will zone out and play more golf and just do and sign whatever the people or person in charge of him tells him to do. and then tweet whatever he wants no matter how outrageous as long as it fits that viewpoint.

If people turn out to vote; he won't get a secondterm. Personally, I think he has health issues and that along with age might insure he won't or can't run again. He may not finish the first term if a health issue becomes really bad.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

Anovah

Jun 6, 2004
Oregon
✟14,597.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Impeachment? I don't see how. Even if convicted, Republicans wouldn't want to lose a shred of power.

Declining to run again would seem to go against everything I know about Trump's desire for power and admiration.

Winning a second term? I have every confidence that the Democrats can find a way to falter. Again. However, Bernie Sanders has a real chance.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1.) This is from October.

2.) Bannon isn't exactly known for promoting sober, realistic assessments of things. His entire business model has been paranoid, reactionary hype.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unless there is a really dramatic and historic turn of events, I can see him serving a full-term and even being re-elected. His base seem to stand by him no matter what ...

Agreed. Trump just needs to keep the KKK and Nazis on his side I think. They are significant part of his base and very supportive. The rest will follow.

22 million Americans support neo-Nazis, new poll indicates
1 in 10 say it's acceptable to hold neo-Nazi views (POLL)
Trump Gives White Supremacists an Unequivocal Boost
Former white supremacist: Trump's Charlottesville remarks a 'bullhorn' to White Supremacists

About 1/4 of Trump approval rating of 35%. But with Trump numbers falling maybe they are now 1/3 of Trump base.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shadow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.