• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How many kids do you want and in what configuration?

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by deliciousBass, Jun 18, 2008.

1. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 They rally 'round the family

+187
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single

I didn't know wombs had a config file.

2. MehTeh

MehTeh Veteran

+654
    Christian
    Single
    Let me phrase it this way... How do you want your batch written?

3. 127.0.0.1

127.0.0.1 They rally 'round the family

+187
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    How big a batch file are we talking here?

4. MehTeh

MehTeh Veteran

+654
    Christian
    Single
    I believe that was one of the OP's questions.

How large a batch do you want and how do you want it written.

5. Eurasia

Eurasia Living in hybrid space

+2,200
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    :thumbsup:^_^

6. ErikaChristine

ErikaChristine The Lord is my light and my salvation

+3
    Christian
    Single
    I would love to have a large family. :) I'll have as many kids as God will allow me to have.

7. Obzocky

Obzocky Senior Contributor

+1,705
    Anglican
    Single
    To add more stuff;

Everything is down to God, but I would like a large family. Be it a family of animals or children (biological or otherwise). When I get broody I get full on clucky and it needs to find an outlet. It's always been satisfied through working with toddlers before, now i'm not doing that on a regular basis i'm really feeling the thwack of "oh, no child fix ... no regular pet fix ... oh dear"

Which i'm sure a number of skypers can attest to given my recent bout of womb-longings.

That's a valid expression. Womb-longing.

8. GQ Chris

GQ Chris ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers

+1,751
    Calvinist
    Single
    Kids cost a lot of money. Don't get me wrong, I love 'em but with the devaluation of the dollar and the fact that you will have to buy endless supply of diapers, it is a miracle how people with kids make ends meet these days.

9. Obzocky

+1,705
    Anglican
    Single
    Reusable nappies, do have a fondness for those delightful things. Some of them can be very absorbent and if you have a collection of them they can be rotated quite well. Depending on your financial state it really isn't hard to keep them well fed and dressed, it's a different way of living and takes some adjustment but it's doable.

Maybe.

You never know until you try.

10. Amber.ly

Amber.ly Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical

+1,484
    Christian
    Single
    I'm just in awe of your vocabulary skillz. "womb-longing" is going into a FB quote today. And I wonder if "clucky" means the same thing as "I WANT A BABY NOW, RIGHT NOW! FIND ME ONE!!!!"

:p

That would be me when I see or am around babies.

*shudder* I shall never again be forced to use reusable diapers. I will give up multiple things in order not to let that be my fate.

And hey, my parents raised 6 kids on a low figure one income. It can be done and done well. But if your idea of a successful family life is Disney trips every year, trading up vehicles every two years, eating out most nights and having your kids involved in every activity under the sun- then yes, I could see why some would think it is too much of a financial burden.

Kids cost money. But I consider them a much better investment than anything else one could throw money at.

11. kingoffools13

kingoffools13 Gentle Giant

+224
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    there was some ... narration, in skype ... of some ... documentaries that men should never have to watch

K
    O
    f

12. Obzocky

+1,705
    Anglican
    Single
    :ahah:

But they are highly educating. Everyone should watch them. The range of expressions, vocalisations, general birth positions ... it's quite awesome.

:ahah:

Maybe. Possibly. Yes.

I agree, children are better investments than other things. They may not make you money, but they form part of the future. Can't ask for better than that.

The only reason I love towel nappies and the like happens to be the array of pretty colours they can come in, I mean come on a rainbow nappy? One with elephants on? One covered in stars? One with smiley faces? They're just precious.

13. MehTeh

MehTeh Veteran

+654
    Christian
    Single
    I seem to have dodged that bullet.

14. Obzocky

+1,705
    Anglican
    Single
    Don't get counting your chickens now, for all you know the bullets are still flying.

15. Spirit_Star

Spirit_Star Newbie

+15
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    This is something I have been thinking about lately. I would like to have at least 4 , two genetic and adopt a sibling group of two children. I could see myself having up to 10. The larger number would only be if some were adopted. If I wasn’t able to adopt then I would not have more then 5 or 6

16. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,382
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    None but if I did I would probably adopt.

17. poeticlurker

poeticlurker exactly what it says on the tin

+25
    Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    If I ever have kids, I just want one son.

I do not ever want daughters. Everyone else can have daughters, I for one can't stand girls and would not want to try to raise one. Too many issues with double standards for her to cry about, too many self-image issues everywhere for her to cry about, too much drama... I don't care if baby boys pee on you when you change their diapers, I can put up with pee and stinky socks. I can't put up with drama.

18. Zoness

Zoness 667, neighbor of the beast Supporter

+1,382
    United States
    Pagan
    Married
    I like the way you think haha.

19. K9_Trainer

K9_Trainer Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable

+852
    Pantheist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Agreed for sure xD

I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. Yet another reason to adopt a kid if I did want one....I can control the sex :D

20. Supplanter

Supplanter There is no charge for awesomeness.

+311
    Word of Faith
    Married
    Wow. This was a long time ago. Thanks for reminding me just how cheeky I was . . . . . .and still am. lol I guess it will be only another 4 months and I can confirm whether it is true or not, the sex, I mean. I feel pretty certain about the cheekiness. :D