How many kids do you want and in what configuration?

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟381,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I want zero kids, since I'm sure I would be an unfit mother. I'm kind of hoping that changes, though. Mothering just seems so rewarding and I'd love to be able to watch a child of mine grow up.
FWIW, the fact that you care about the quality of your parenting skills, plus the fact that you wouldn't want a child of yours to have an unfit mother, leads me to believe that you would probably make a better mom than you think.

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
FWIW, the fact that you care about the quality of your parenting skills, plus the fact that you wouldn't want a child of yours to have an unfit mother, leads me to believe that you would probably make a better mom than you think.
Aww, thanks. :) I just really worry about how my different psychological issues would/could affect any future kids that I have. I've heard so many horror stories about women with depression and/or anxiety who totally neglect their kids, and I just don't want to be one of those mothers.

Reactions: latteda
Upvote 0

Thomas1984

*Expect the Unexpected*
Jun 6, 2006
✟19,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:scratch:

Is your last name 1984?

Yeah, for real. Remember Jonny 5? He got an upgrade.;):p

Wait. Seriously. Because you know my biological clock is ticking . . . (lol)

Wait. Seriously. Because you know my biological clock is ticking . . . (lol)

Yes, I did just proposition two guys in the same post. :D

I do accept ad-hoc applications from prospective wives, Supplanter, you can contact me via PM. Have a nice day.:wave::p

Thomas, you are too sweet. :hug: I think the world would be a better place with a litter of mini-'84's running around, too! :D

I would be Xavier, to their X-Men.:p I'd have to work hard to stay one step ahead of them though!:D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure that I don't want to have biological children. I've seriously thought of being a foster mother to older children though. If I met a guy who was perfect for me in every way except he did want to have biological children, then I'd be ok with having one child. I'm not getting any younger and my ability to have healthy children isn't going to last much longer anyway.

This is exactly how I feel too.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
You ladies ring the alarms on your biological clocks way too early methinks.

For me the biological clock is an afterthought. Although if you think about it, I'm 30 now. I'm not even dating anyone at the moment. I takes time to date, get engaged, and marry. I haven't even met my future husband yet.

Upvote 0

soccerdad66

Veteran
Apr 4, 2007
Washington
✟13,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
For me the biological clock is an afterthought. Although if you think about it, I'm 30 now. I'm not even dating anyone at the moment. I takes time to date, get engaged, and marry. I haven't even met my future husband yet.
Well, get crackin ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Cause no one has ever conceived a healthy child after age 34.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, but for someone who wants many children , it's extremely hard to deal with. It's not just because i'm being silly and having a poor me moment. I want to have lots of kids and i don't want to be really old in having them- not because i'm a brat that doesn't trust God, but because I don't want to endanger them with health risks that older pregnacies can cause, and I want to have the energy that goes with the younger years to keep up with them. I had older parents, and while they were wonderful, there are some things that i saw them live that i would not want to go through in rasing my own children. It's not a silly little issue to me, it means a lot to me.

I can see how much it means to you. I just want you to know that God isn't screwing something up here...He knows what He's doing. If you're blessed with children later in life, God will take care of you and your childrens' health! There are many, many women who have perfectly normal pregnancies and healthy babies after 35. You can also adopt/foster parent, even if you're a single woman, and bless the lives of children who have nobody else. I definitely know that it's not a silly issue, and I hope you will trust Him to bring your desires to life, at just the right time :)

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Cause no one has ever conceived a healthy child after age 34.

My grandma had my aunt at the age of 42 (I'm 2 years older than that aunt) so I realize that it's possible.

Like I said before, the biological clock is just an afterthought to me. My 18 month old nephew was here last night and don't get me wrong he's so adorable in looks (enormous brown eyes, chubby cheeks) and personality (he's a charmer already) but I'm happy just being an aunt. I'm sure I'd be a fine mother but I just don't think or feel like motherhood is really for me. I have prayed about this and I'm positive that God has other plans for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0