How many kids do you want and in what configuration?

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I have stated before, I wouldn't mind having a mini-flnativegrl. :) I always wanted one boy, one girl - but I am grateful to be blessed with two healthy boys. <3
If there was a way that you could guarantee having a girl, would you do it? I suppose it could be like a designer baby type of deal. You pay a scientist a certain sum of money to get you what you want.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm happy with one child for now. I never wanted any kids at all, lol. At this point, I don't think I want more children. I'm not gettin' younger, after all, and I have a lot I still want to do and experience in life. I'm hoping I can pursue my passions and dreams when I'm in my 40's and 50's. I still have moments where I REALLY want a baby, like most women...but I think it's more that I'm missing the days when my son was a baby...I miss those days a lot. But I don't think I'd really want to tack on another 18-21 years of child-rearing at this point in my life.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
But I don't think I'd really want to tack on another 18-21 years of child-rearing at this point in my life.
Ew... that doesn't sound appealing lol. Gosh, now you're going make me question whether or not I do want more kids. Meh, it's up to whoever I end up with.

There ya go, I'm delegating it ;)

Upvote 0

Supplanter

There is no charge for awesomeness.
May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Six

Girl
Boy/Girl twins
Girl/Boy twins
Boy

Ok, don't know why but this always the number that comes to mind whenever I pray about the issue. It may not happen and I'm not even sure if I could handle that many kids but that is what is stuck in my head (lol). Yes. I'm crazy and now it is public. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Supplanter

There is no charge for awesomeness.
May 12, 2008
Georgia
Visit site
✟11,782.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You pray about this :confused:

Of course, I pray about getting married one day, so I also pray about all the resulting things that come with marriage. I know what my expectations are now based on a lot of time spent with God in prayer, before I even get into that sort of relationship, so whoever marries me will know what he is getting into ;) . I also believe God should have a big say in something as important as Kids.

Plus, there was a point when I was 20 or 21 when doctors told me that I might not be able to have children. I never thought about children until that point, but being faced with losing that ability sent me into some serious prayer. I seem to check out now to not have any infertility issues.

I've also prayed to have a mind-blowing sex life and I fully believe God will honor that request. :D

Reactions: mina
Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ew... that doesn't sound appealing lol. Gosh, now you're going make me question whether or not I do want more kids. Meh, it's up to whoever I end up with.

There ya go, I'm delegating it ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely a "have kids while you're young" sort of person lol. I cannot imagine still dealing with kids at 50 or 60 years old. I wanna be FREE at that point. So, even though I never planned to have children, I'm glad I had mine at 23 :) So I'll be free by mid-40's lol.

Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
If there was a way that you could guarantee having a girl, would you do it? I suppose it could be like a designer baby type of deal. You pay a scientist a certain sum of money to get you what you want.

NO! I say that emphatically b/c I completely disagree with messing with nature like that. I know a couple that did the sperm spinning deal to guarantee the sex - they wanted a boy. They had a girl. Then, within less than a year, she was pregnant unexpectedly and then they had a boy. I told her that was God's way of saying He is still in control, no matter how advanced we become with medical technology. ;)

While I would have liked one boy and one girl, I have always maintained the mindset that a healthy baby was more important and I feel blessed that God has given me the honor of being a parent.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Plus, there was a point when I was 20 or 21 when doctors told me that I might not be able to have children. I never thought about children until that point, but being faced with losing that ability sent me into some serious prayer. I seem to check out now to not have any infertility issues.
Okay.. well that's understandable then.
I've also prayed to have a mind-blowing sex life and I fully believe God will honor that request. :D
Methinks it will probably me more of a self-fulfilling prophecy...
Yeah, I'm definitely a "have kids while you're young" sort of person lol. I cannot imagine still dealing with kids at 50 or 60 years old. I wanna be FREE at that point. So, even though I never planned to have children, I'm glad I had mine at 23 :) So I'll be free by mid-40's lol.
Yeah, I will have just turned 39 when my son graduates from high school :cool: I need to mark that on my calendar.. no more child support woohoo!

I dunno though, I do want another child... I love kids and being a parent is the most rewarding thing I do. It's kind of addictive to me and I can imagine it being moreso with a spouse :p

NO! I say that emphatically b/c I completely disagree with messing with nature like that. I know a couple that did the sperm spinning deal to guarantee the sex - they wanted a boy. They had a girl. Then, within less than a year, she was pregnant unexpectedly and then they had a boy. I told her that was God's way of saying He is still in control, no matter how advanced we become with medical technology. ;)

While I would have liked one boy and one girl, I have always maintained the mindset that a healthy baby was more important and I feel blessed that God has given me the honor of being a parent.
I've actually heard that there are other ways to guarantee the likelihood of having a girl.. apparently slower swimming sperm tend to yield females while the hyperactive sperm that gets to the egg first produces males :confused:

Hehe, my mom had four boys... my mom always says God wanted it that way because she and her husband were very rough with us... Well, she definitely was lol. I can't imagine them treating a girl how they treated us. That girl would be screwed up.

I hope you have a girl someday :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure that I don't want to have biological children. I've seriously thought of being a foster mother to older children though. If I met a guy who was perfect for me in every way except he did want to have biological children, then I'd be ok with having one child. I'm not getting any younger and my ability to have healthy children isn't going to last much longer anyway.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm at the point where I'm pretty sure that I don't want to have biological children. I've seriously thought of being a foster mother to older children though. If I met a guy who was perfect for me in every way except he did want to have biological children, then I'd be ok with having one child. I'm not getting any younger and my ability to have healthy children isn't going to last much longer anyway.
30 is sooo old :p

Upvote 0

Thomas1984

*Expect the Unexpected*
Jun 6, 2006
✟19,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I have stated before, I wouldn't mind having a mini-flnativegrl. :) I always wanted one boy, one girl - but I am grateful to be blessed with two healthy boys. <3

A Mini-FNG? The world would be better place for it, I mean, her.:thumbsup:

I've always wanted boys.

You can borrow mine. :D j/k

LOL:D

Either way, I'll be having a lot of really great sex, which is probably why I'll have all those children (lol) :D.

Bravo! That's the spirit!:D:thumbsup:

As for me, that depends on what the future Mrs '84 wants. I think I'll be happy with what God has in mind, but my plan is very similar to Supplanter's, so who knows?

Maybe I'll end up with half-a-dozen Mini-Tom's.........:o:crossrc:

Upvote 0