Cinra

Oct 14, 2005
North Bend, WA, USA
✟15,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I only plan on having one kid and depending on how the one goes, maybe one more after that. I'd say for sure one or two would be my limit considering my husband and I were also only children. I'd have to agree with my husband when he says two could be too much of a handful...hehe.

Upvote 0

Tea

Sep 16, 2005
✟15,772.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
We have 8, our youngest being only 5mths and our eldest being 22. When we married my husband and I always wanted atleast 6. We are fertile myrtles, so kids arrived every 18mths. Usually fell when breast feeding dropped off, and usually before the first cycle arrived. The seventh was a difficult pregnancy, so we decided for my health to stop. I fell with my first while taking the pill, so have used NFP ever since. When I fell pregnant with the last one, I was 43 and there was an 11 year gap between this one and the last. My husband was over the moon, as he had always wanted more children. He now wants at least another 3, but we will have to wait and see. I pray that the Lord blesses us with atleast one more, as this one is going to be an only child in a few years. I fell with this one because of stress that I had been under from an external matter threw out my cycle. I am fortunate that usually my cycle is every 28 days, so it has been very easy for me to track my fertile days.
People usually ask how do you do it? I always tell them, one at a time.
Tracey

Reactions: Carrye
Upvote 0

teishpriest

Feb 23, 2007
United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We lost two before our daughter was born. We have a daughter, a son, and another baby on the way, due in November! At one point I thought that two would be REALLY hard, but since they are only a year and a half apart, they tend to entertain each other and play together a lot. It's nice to not have to entertain a little one all day long!

Upvote 0

beverhome

Jul 11, 2007
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟15,488.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have five and I only planned on 2 when we got married. But ten years before our first one showed up. No form of birth control the whole time. My husband kept believing and calling our children to us. I had given up and was not thinking it would happen. We had our second one two years later and then it was four yrs before our daughter showed up. I thought I was pretty safe at this pont until she was 8 months old and I found out I was again. I really thought I was done and it happened again two yrs later.
I would like a girl since we have 4 boys and 1 girl but not sure if we will.
April

Upvote 0

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
10 here. Lost one between #5 & 6, but if she would have gone full-term, we wouldn't have our present #6. We'll get to meet her some day...

we have 2, and lost one before the first(4-22-04), but if that one would have gone to term we wouldn't have the first(3-16-05).

Upvote 0

nursemommysc

Make me into thine image, O Lord
May 31, 2007
the Buckle of the Bible Belt!
✟7,888.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have 5. We have also lost two along the way. My kids seem to arrive every other year (98, 00, 02, 04, 06). I think I have dh on board with 7, so far. I would love to throw out BC and let God take over, but dh isn't as trusting!
I'm having a hard enough time convincing dh of 4!!! I think he would pass out if I ever said 7!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

littleton

Aug 27, 2007
Visit site
✟7,614.00
Faith
Catholic
My wife, Kathleen and I have 14 living children and five in heaven. We consider oursleves highly blessed. WE just wrote and published a book, Better By the Dozen Plus Two where we discuss our faith and family.

I look forward to engaging in discussion with your community. God bless you.
In Christ, Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KathyO

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
✟7,625.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
7 kids.

2 stepkids from hubby's first marriage (before he got saved) 23yo girl and 21yo boy.

2 from my first marriage (also before I got saved) 16yo girl and 14yo boy.

3 together, boy 7, boy 5 & boy 5 months, so 5 biological children for me.

2 miscarriages, one from 1993 (7 weeks) and the other from last Sunday (19-4-09, 9 weeks). Hubby's ex-wife also had a miscarriage years ago, so that'll be another child we'll get to meet in Heaven.

I would love more. I can see myself with 15 kids! LOL. Don't know where in this little house we'd put them all but I'll trust God with all that. Hubby is catching on to the whole Quiverfull thing slowly but surely. We're reading "Full Quiver" by Rick & Jan Hess together. It's a very good book. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Upvote 0

malachirose

Jul 7, 2009
✟7,630.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have one, and are TTC #2.
Ive always wanted at least 5, but DH is thinking 3ish, I'm trying to convince him to jut let God decide, but I guess he's going to need time for that one!!

He's from a family of only 2 kids and they're very close, my family on the other hand is a lot bigger and we hardly speak at a all unfortunately.

Upvote 0