• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How many guns?

Discussion in 'Friendship Court' started by aaron, Nov 6, 2002.

How many guns do you own?

1. none

2. 1

3. 2

4. 3

5. 4

6. 5+

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. aaron

aaron Prayer Warrior

+9
    Non-Denom
    Private
    at another site there was a poll on how many guns you own. I was just wondering how the outcome will compare from there and here. The results from the other place is as follows:
                 None: 30%
                 1: 14%
                 2: 11%
                 3: 7%
                 4: 5%
                 5+: 33%
                 Total Voters: 27070

I own one gun (sort of) at the moment

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. hraedisc

hraedisc Veteran

+16
    SDA
    I have a big gun - God.

3. ferment8

ferment8 Sesshoumaru

+4
    Christian
    me 2 hahha

4. Gabriel

Gabriel I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found

+100
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Oh yea, I should have added that to my count. 

I like to target shoot as much as I can and I have a concealed weapon permit.

Most of my friends shoot, too.  It's our right as Americans.

5. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I do not own any guns.

First of all, I am opposed to guns and arming yourself with ANY lethal weapons.

Secondly, I don't want police trouble. . .

6. Gabriel

+100
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    So, if a rapist were to break into my house, you would have me unarmed?  I'm sure my wife and 2 young daughters would thank you.

7. eRev

eRev Marginalized

+52
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I do not own any at this time (I have owned a few in the past) but I have access to an arsenal.

8. juiblex

juiblex pessimist extraordinare

+4
    i find it strange you would compare God to an object that has only one purpose, to kill; and was designed for sin and evil.

9. JohnR7

JohnR7 Well-Known Member

+191
    Pentecostal
    Married
    For that to happen, you would have to be under a curse. But Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, so the blessing of God could come upon us.

There is no fear in God, we are to live by faith in the living God and trust in Him to protect us and our family.

Galatians 3:13-14
        Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), [14] that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.  

10. coastie

coastie Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!

+45
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Just a little something for pheasant hunting.

11. Hojo Hominygrits

Hojo Hominygrits Now with 25% more hominy!

+0
    Non-Denom
    I don't have any guns. Not opposed to them though.

12. waterwizard

waterwizard Senior Veteran

+1
    Baptist
    You are mistaken.  The gun itself is not evil.  I've never seen a gun just start hopping around shooting people.  It's the one who picks it up and uses it that causes the pain and death.

In the right hands, a gun will help save lives.

13. waterwizard

waterwizard Senior Veteran

+1
    Baptist
    I recently did a sermon in which I placed my son's bb gun, a kinfe, and a ball bat on the pulpit.  Then I picked up a hymn book and asked which is more dangerous.  The gun was picked almost hands down.  But I asked them how it would be dangerous if it just laid there on the pulpit.  The hymn book was a more dangerous weapon than either of the other items because it was in my hands, and I could use it to hurt someone.

"...sin lieth at the door..." Gen.4:7

As long as it lies there, it's not harming anyone.  As soon as you pick it up, it becomes a potential lethal weapon.

A criminal will be more likely to attack a unarmed person than one who he/she may think is armed.  Think about it.

14. aaron

aaron Prayer Warrior

+9
    Non-Denom
    Private
    A gun is not made to kill. They are made for various reasons. They include target practicing, protection, to kill, and some just have them as a collection. The guns do not kill. It is the people who use them.

I think a gun is a pretty good comparison for God. God is very powerful and a gun is also. They both can be used against evil. Also a gun can be used as a weapon against good. God can also be in a way; people can twist his words to non-believers and make it harder for them to believe. Also both can be used at a distance. Over all I think that is a pretty good comparison.

15. Jenna

Jenna Senior Veteran

+179
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I own a rifle, even though it is in pieces while the stock is refinished. lol

I fully support mine and my countrymen's right to own and bear arms. Firearms are useful TOOLS for feeding and protecting oneself. I don't want to get into the arguement about whether some folks want guns or not. It is their choice not to own any. I just don't want someone pushing their opinion off on me either, and trying to pass legislation that would take away my rights.

16. GraftMeIn

GraftMeIn The Masters Gardener

+5
    No guns here, nor do I feel the need to own one.

17. Gabriel

+100
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican

A curse?  That is ridiculous.  As far as trusting in God to protect my family, of course I do.  But I still put their seatbelts on, lock the door, take them to the doctor when they're sick, put a coat on them when it's cold, etc.  Would you go into a war situation with nothing to defend yourself but your trust in God?  We are not commanded to allow our trust to take the place of our responsibility to our family, to just sit around trusting that God will provide.  He will, but I bet you still go to work to support your family.

Luke 11:21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his palace, his goods (and family) are at peace." 

Luke 22:36 ".......and he who has no sword (the most powerful weapon for self defemse in that day), let him sell his garment and buy one."

18. Gabriel

+100
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You are a wise woman.

And a bit OT, how have you been?

Still praying for you! :pray:

19. caley

caley Christian Anarchist

+11
    Protestant
    Anyone who uses the word tool to describe a firearm gets a big thumbs up in my book. :clap:

20. TheBear

TheBear NON-WOKED

+1,771
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    At the moment, I own a 12 gauge shotgun, a .30-06 hunting rigle, a .357 magnum revolver, and a 60lb bow.

Over the years, I have bought and sold more guns than I can remember.