aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
at another site there was a poll on how many guns you own. I was just wondering how the outcome will compare from there and here. The results from the other place is as follows:
             None: 30%
             1: 14%
             2: 11%
             3: 7%
             4: 5%
             5+: 33%
             Total Voters: 27070

I own one gun (sort of) at the moment

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by <><
I have a big gun - God.

Oh yea, I should have added that to my count. 

I like to target shoot as much as I can and I have a concealed weapon permit.

Most of my friends shoot, too.  It's our right as Americans.

Upvote 0

Gabriel

Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Susan
I do not own any guns.

First of all, I am opposed to guns and arming yourself with ANY lethal weapons.

Secondly, I don't want police trouble. . .

So, if a rapist were to break into my house, you would have me unarmed?  I'm sure my wife and 2 young daughters would thank you.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Gabriel
So, if a rapist were to break into my house, you would have me unarmed?  I'm sure my wife and 2 young daughters would thank you.

For that to happen, you would have to be under a curse. But Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, so the blessing of God could come upon us.

There is no fear in God, we are to live by faith in the living God and trust in Him to protect us and our family.

Galatians 3:13-14
    Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), [14] that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.  

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

waterwizard

Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2002
Alabama
✟3,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally posted by juiblex
i find it strange you would compare God to an object that has only one purpose, to kill; and was designed for sin and evil.

You are mistaken.  The gun itself is not evil.  I've never seen a gun just start hopping around shooting people.  It's the one who picks it up and uses it that causes the pain and death.

In the right hands, a gun will help save lives.

Upvote 0

waterwizard

Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2002
Alabama
✟3,275.00
Faith
Baptist
I recently did a sermon in which I placed my son's bb gun, a kinfe, and a ball bat on the pulpit.  Then I picked up a hymn book and asked which is more dangerous.  The gun was picked almost hands down.  But I asked them how it would be dangerous if it just laid there on the pulpit.  The hymn book was a more dangerous weapon than either of the other items because it was in my hands, and I could use it to hurt someone.

"...sin lieth at the door..." Gen.4:7

As long as it lies there, it's not harming anyone.  As soon as you pick it up, it becomes a potential lethal weapon.

A criminal will be more likely to attack a unarmed person than one who he/she may think is armed.  Think about it.

Upvote 0

aaron

Prayer Warrior
Nov 3, 2002
✟17,070.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by juiblex
i find it strange you would compare God to an object that has only one purpose, to kill; and was designed for sin and evil.

A gun is not made to kill. They are made for various reasons. They include target practicing, protection, to kill, and some just have them as a collection. The guns do not kill. It is the people who use them.

I think a gun is a pretty good comparison for God. God is very powerful and a gun is also. They both can be used against evil. Also a gun can be used as a weapon against good. God can also be in a way; people can twist his words to non-believers and make it harder for them to believe. Also both can be used at a distance. Over all I think that is a pretty good comparison.

Upvote 0

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I own a rifle, even though it is in pieces while the stock is refinished. lol

I fully support mine and my countrymen's right to own and bear arms. Firearms are useful TOOLS for feeding and protecting oneself. I don't want to get into the arguement about whether some folks want guns or not. It is their choice not to own any. I just don't want someone pushing their opinion off on me either, and trying to pass legislation that would take away my rights.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabriel

Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by JohnR7
For that to happen, you would have to be under a curse. But Jesus redeemed us from the curse of the law, so the blessing of God could come upon us.

There is no fear in God, we are to live by faith in the living God and trust in Him to protect us and our family.

Galatians 3:13-14
    Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree"), [14] that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.  

A curse?  That is ridiculous.  As far as trusting in God to protect my family, of course I do.  But I still put their seatbelts on, lock the door, take them to the doctor when they're sick, put a coat on them when it's cold, etc.  Would you go into a war situation with nothing to defend yourself but your trust in God?  We are not commanded to allow our trust to take the place of our responsibility to our family, to just sit around trusting that God will provide.  He will, but I bet you still go to work to support your family.

Luke 11:21 "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his palace, his goods (and family) are at peace." 

Luke 22:36 ".......and he who has no sword (the most powerful weapon for self defemse in that day), let him sell his garment and buy one."

Upvote 0

Gabriel

Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by Jenna

I fully support mine and my countrymen's right to own and bear arms. Firearms are useful TOOLS for feeding and protecting oneself. I don't want to get into the arguement about whether some folks want guns or not. It is their choice not to own any. I just don't want someone pushing their opinion off on me either, and trying to pass legislation that would take away my rights.

You are a wise woman.

And a bit OT, how have you been?

Still praying for you! :pray:

Upvote 0

caley

Christian Anarchist
Oct 29, 2002
Fargo, ND
Visit site
✟1,081.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Jenna

Anyone who uses the word tool to describe a firearm gets a big thumbs up in my book. :clap:

Upvote 0