• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How many "Gods" can you count?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by edpobre, Oct 21, 2002.

1. ONE

2. TWO

3. THREE

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edpobre

edpobre Well-Known Member

+0

In John 5:19, Jesus SAID that "of himself, he could do NOTHING." In John 20:17, Jesus SAID that he was ascending to HIS God and HIS Father.

Apostle Paul was making CLEAR what the Jews MISUNDERSTOOD about Jesus' resurrection. Like people of today, they THOUGHT that Jesus raised HIMSELF from the dead because they DID NOT understand what he said in John 2:21.

It was God the Father who RAISED Jesus from the dead. In fact, it was God the Father to whom Jesus ws praying while still dying on the cross.

HIM who RAISED Jesus from the dead HAS a SPIRIT ("the spirit OF Him...").  If that SPIRIT (OF Him...) dwells in us, HE who RAISED Jesus will also give life THROUGH the SPIRIT that dwells in us.

Apostle Paul SAID it was God who RAISED Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). I believe that's TRUE.

You MISUNDERSTAND what Rom. 8:11 is saying. It is NOT the SPIRIT that RAISED Jesus. It was "HE" or "HIM" who RAISED Jesus that has a SPIRIT that dwells in us.

Ed

2. jlmizejr76

jlmizejr76 Yahshua is Messiah

+0

3. jlmizejr76

+0

4. jlmizejr76

+0
    There is a Father and a Son, both are Gods. Does scripture not say this?
    No where in scripture are we told that the spirit is a seperate diety. The Holy Spirit is of the Father. The Son had full measure of the Holy Spirit. Which came from the Father. The two mighty ones that we acknowledge are, YHWH the Father, and Yahshua his son. Satan is a god, he is the god of this world. We have to stay close to YHWH'S word.
    with love,
    Johnnie

5. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+10
    Christian
    Did you even read John 2:19-21?

I quoted it for you and you brush it off like it isn't there.

One more time:

"Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
    20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
    21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

Jesus said He would raise His own body up. If you can't see that then you don't want to see it.

You interpret scripture very strangely.

The verse says, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

The 'Him' is speaking of the Spirit. The voice is active denoting the Spirit is doing the action.

6. Apologist

Apologist 2 Tim. 2:24-26

+10
    Christian
    You need to read the book of Acts.
    In Acts 5 Ananias and Sapphira lie to the Holy Spirit. The story continues in verse 4 saying that they lied to God. The Holy Spirit is God.

7. jlmizejr76

+0
    Im not claiming that the Holy Spirit is not YHWH, in fact I believe that the Holy Spirit is YHWH.

8. edpobre

+0
    Originally posted by jlmizejr76

NO! The scripture does NOT say that both Father and Son are Gods. The TRUTH is the Son is a MAN (John 8:40) and the Father  (John 17:1) is the ONLY true God (John 17:3).

Neither does the Bible teach that the Spirit is God.

The Father is SPIRIT (John 4:23-24) and Holy. Thus, when we speak of the Holy Spirit, we refer to the Father. But the Father himself HAS seven (7) SPIRITS that He sends into all the earth (Rev. 5:6). And these SPIRITS are Holy too. But these Holy Spirits are NOT Gods apart from the Father.

9. edpobre

+0

Look at verse 21 Apologist. It says, he was speaking of the "temple OF his body." What does this mean?  Honestly I don't know what that means. All I know is that Jesus will NOT raise his own BODY.

That's why I rely on what apostle Paul MADE clear for me: it was God who RAISED Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). Apostle Paul wrote that anyone who does NOT believe that God RAISED Jesus from the dead will NOT be saved.

The verse does NOT even need to be interpreted my friend. The verse SAYS:

1) HIM who RAISED Jesus HAS a Spirit;

2) If the Spirit DWELLS in YOU; 

3) HIM who RAISED Jesus will also give life to YOUR mortal bodies;

4) THROUGH His Spirit that DWELLS in YOU.

This verse is directed at LIVE people IN whom the Spirit OF God DWELLS.

Ed

10. greymooncrest

greymooncrest go to greymooncrest®

+1
    Non-Denom
    Read Proverbs, my friend The Holy Spirit speaks. And Her name is Wisdom.

</SUP>

11. jlmizejr76

+0
    This scripture you brought out is YHWH'S son, that is the last paragraph. And as far as wisdom goes. Yes we do recieve wisdom through his spirit.&nbsp;

12. edward

edward Momma's Boy

+23
    Catholic
    I am Edward the father (I have 2 sons). I am Edward the son (I have a mother and a deceased father). I am Edward the husband ( I have a wonderful wife). I guess that makes me 3 Edwards!

13. edpobre

+0
    Of course not! You are only one Edward in THREE roles. Are you saying then that God is ONE Jehovah in the role of the Father, the role of the Son and the role of the Holy Spirit?

Ed

14. edward

edward Momma's Boy

+23
    Catholic
    I am

15. jlmizejr76

+0
    The issue is not how many gods you can count, it is about the one who created us. Trust in him, and love him, and put him first. His name is Yahweh.

Love Johnnie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.