Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by Apologist
Are you saying then that when apostle Paul wrote that "God RAISED Jesus from the dead." he meant that ALL three "persons" RAISED Jesus from the dead?

Did I say that? Paul said God raised Jesus from the dead that is true.

But you have to read all of scripture.

John 2:19-21 says that Jesus will raise His own body up:

"Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”
21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body."

In John 5:19, Jesus SAID that "of himself, he could do NOTHING." In John 20:17, Jesus SAID that he was ascending to HIS God and HIS Father.

Apostle Paul was making CLEAR what the Jews MISUNDERSTOOD about Jesus' resurrection. Like people of today, they THOUGHT that Jesus raised HIMSELF from the dead because they DID NOT understand what he said in John 2:21.

It was God the Father who RAISED Jesus from the dead. In fact, it was God the Father to whom Jesus ws praying while still dying on the cross.

Romans 8:11 says that the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead:

"But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

HIM who RAISED Jesus from the dead HAS a SPIRIT ("the spirit OF Him...").  If that SPIRIT (OF Him...) dwells in us, HE who RAISED Jesus will also give life THROUGH the SPIRIT that dwells in us.

So we have three accounts of three different persons raising Jesus from the dead.

Apostle Paul SAID it was God who RAISED Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). I believe that's TRUE.

You MISUNDERSTAND what Rom. 8:11 is saying. It is NOT the SPIRIT that RAISED Jesus. It was "HE" or "HIM" who RAISED Jesus that has a SPIRIT that dwells in us.

Ed

Upvote 0
There is a Father and a Son, both are Gods. Does scripture not say this?
No where in scripture are we told that the spirit is a seperate diety. The Holy Spirit is of the Father. The Son had full measure of the Holy Spirit. Which came from the Father. The two mighty ones that we acknowledge are, YHWH the Father, and Yahshua his son. Satan is a god, he is the god of this world. We have to stay close to YHWH'S word.
with love,
Johnnie

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by edpobre
Apostle Paul was making CLEAR what the Jews MISUNDERSTOOD about Jesus' resurrection. Like people of today, they THOUGHT that Jesus raised HIMSELF from the dead because they DID NOT understand what he said in John 2:21.

Did you even read John 2:19-21?

I quoted it for you and you brush it off like it isn't there.

One more time:

"Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”
20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

Jesus said He would raise His own body up. If you can't see that then you don't want to see it.

You MISUNDERSTAND what Rom. 8:11 is saying. It is NOT the SPIRIT that RAISED Jesus. It was "HE" or "HIM" who RAISED Jesus that has a SPIRIT that dwells in us.

You interpret scripture very strangely.

The verse says, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

The 'Him' is speaking of the Spirit. The voice is active denoting the Spirit is doing the action.

Upvote 0

Apologist

2 Tim. 2:24-26
Jan 9, 2002
Northern California
Visit site
✟1,980.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by jlmizejr76
No where in scripture are we told that the spirit is a seperate diety. The Holy Spirit is of the Father. The Son had full measure of the Holy Spirit. Which came from the Father. The two mighty ones that we acknowledge are, YHWH the Father, and Yahshua his son. Satan is a god, he is the god of this world. We have to stay close to YHWH'S word.
with love,
Johnnie

You need to read the book of Acts.
In Acts 5 Ananias and Sapphira lie to the Holy Spirit. The story continues in verse 4 saying that they lied to God. The Holy Spirit is God.

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00

NO! The scripture does NOT say that both Father and Son are Gods. The TRUTH is the Son is a MAN (John 8:40) and the Father  (John 17:1) is the ONLY true God (John 17:3).

No where in scripture are we told that the spirit is a seperate diety.

Neither does the Bible teach that the Spirit is God.

The Holy Spirit is of the Father.

The Father is SPIRIT (John 4:23-24) and Holy. Thus, when we speak of the Holy Spirit, we refer to the Father. But the Father himself HAS seven (7) SPIRITS that He sends into all the earth (Rev. 5:6). And these SPIRITS are Holy too. But these Holy Spirits are NOT Gods apart from the Father.

The Son had full measure of the Holy Spirit. Which came from the Father.
This does NOT make Jesus God.

The two mighty ones that we acknowledge are, YHWH the Father, and Yahshua his son.

TRUE Christians acknowledge YHWH the Father is the ONLY true God (John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:6) and Yahshua His Son is the ONLY Lord (1 Cor. 8:6; Acts 2:36).

Satan is a god, he is the god of this world. We have to stay close to YHWH'S word.
with love,
Johnnie

That's true. In fact, apostle John teaches that anyone who does NOT stay in the teaching of Christ does NOT have God (2 John 9).

Ed

Upvote 0

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by Apologist
Did you even read John 2:19-21?

I quoted it for you and you brush it off like it isn't there.

One more time:

Jesus said He would raise His own body up. If you can't see that then you don't want to see it.

Look at verse 21 Apologist. It says, he was speaking of the "temple OF his body." What does this mean?  Honestly I don't know what that means. All I know is that Jesus will NOT raise his own BODY.

That's why I rely on what apostle Paul MADE clear for me: it was God who RAISED Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). Apostle Paul wrote that anyone who does NOT believe that God RAISED Jesus from the dead will NOT be saved.

You interpret scripture very strangely.

The verse says, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."

The 'Him' is speaking of the Spirit. The voice is active denoting the Spirit is doing the action.

The verse does NOT even need to be interpreted my friend. The verse SAYS:

1) HIM who RAISED Jesus HAS a Spirit;

2) If the Spirit DWELLS in YOU; 

3) HIM who RAISED Jesus will also give life to YOUR mortal bodies;

4) THROUGH His Spirit that DWELLS in YOU.

This verse is directed at LIVE people IN whom the Spirit OF God DWELLS.

Ed

Upvote 0

greymooncrest

go to greymooncrest®
Jan 23, 2003
Southwest Michigan
Visit site
✟203.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Nowhere in scripture are we told that the spirit is a seperate diety. The Holy Spirit is of the Father. The Son had full measure of the Holy Spirit. Which came from the Father. The two mighty ones that we acknowledge are, YHWH the Father, and Yahshua his son.

Read Proverbs, my friend The Holy Spirit speaks. And Her name is Wisdom.

<SUP>Proverbs 4:5-9</SUP>

<SUP>Get wisdom, get understanding: forget <I>it</I> not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom <I>is</I> the principal thing; <I>therefore</I> get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. She shall give to thine head an ornament of grace: a crown of glory shall she deliver to thee. </SUP><SUP>Proverbs 8:12-17</SUP>

<SUP>I wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions. The fear of the LORD <I>is</I> to hate evil: pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, and the froward mouth, do I hate. Counsel <I>is</I> mine, and sound wisdom: I <I>am</I> understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, <I>even</I> all the judges of the earth. I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.</SUP><SUP><SUP>Proverbs 8:22-34</SUP>

<SUP>The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When <I>there were</I> no depths, I was brought forth; when <I>there were</I> no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world. When he prepared the heavens, I <I>was</I> there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, <I>as</I> one brought up <I>with him</I> : and I was daily <I>his</I> delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights <I>were</I> with the sons of men. Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed <I>are they that</I> keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed <I>is</I> the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.</SUP></SUP>
<SUP>
</SUP>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by edward
I am Edward the father (I have 2 sons). I am Edward the son (I have a mother and a deceased father). I am Edward the husband ( I have a wonderful wife). I guess that makes me 3 Edwards!

Of course not! You are only one Edward in THREE roles. Are you saying then that God is ONE Jehovah in the role of the Father, the role of the Son and the role of the Holy Spirit?

Ed

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.