How many gifts of the Spirit are mentioned in the Bible, and which ones are still operating today?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't think scripture shows about cessation. It is later tradition that shows.

Our life should be based on faith with fruit, belief of grace with truth and worship with spirit and truth. Faith only, grace only and spirit only are counterfeit concepts!

You are right. I was thinking from a different angle.

This is where politics enter. Power and authority corrupts. That was exactly what happened with Christianity when emperor Constantine meddled with it.

Can God be contained in some selected writings?

Fruit of the Spirit need to be cultivated, they will not gifted.

No, the rich young ruler was asked to give up on that. God will not do that for us.

If gifts have not ceased, then where are the apostles who can heal miraculously like Paul and Peter?
Paul was able to bring back a person from the dead. Do you know of any believer that can do that today?
Also, the charismatic churches I have seen so far all have an unbiblical view of tongues. It was supposed to be three at most who could speak in tongues and they were to speak taking turns or in order with an interpreter present. If there was no interpreter present, they were to keep silent. This is not what we see going on the churches today. We see chaos or confusion; But God is not the author of confusion.

Upvote 0

Righttruth

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2015
✟176,910.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If gifts have not ceased, then where are the apostles who can heal miraculously like Paul and Peter?Paul was able to bring back a person from the dead. Do you know of any believer that can do that today?
I do hear and see videos of such claims of bringing someone to life though not seen in person.
Also, the charismatic churches I have seen so far all have an unbiblical view of tongues. It was supposed to be three at most who could speak in tongues and they were to speak taking turns or in order with an interpreter present. If there was no interpreter present, they were to keep silent. This is not what we see going on the churches today. We see chaos or confusion; But God is not the author of confusion.
Talking gibberish is not a spiritual gift! Paul simply offered a solution for the time being only to advice to desist that. Eventually, it died out for centuries only to get relapsed from past one hundred years.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If gifts have not ceased, then where are the apostles who can heal miraculously like Paul and Peter?
Paul was able to bring back a person from the dead. Do you know of any believer that can do that today?

You just don't run in those circles. They are out there healing, but you aren't aware.

Upvote 0