• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

How many Democrats will NOT vote for impeachment?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Dec 12, 2019.

1. 1-3

53.3%
  2. 4-6

40.0%
  3. 7-10

6.7%
  4. 11 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,577
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    We know this sham is far from bipartisan, and we know there were two Democrats who sided with the Republicans for the inquiry.

I’ve read some commentators saying there could be as many as 10 going against party lines.

thoughts?

How many Democrats will NOT vote for impeachment?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,519
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    All of them should be honest with themselves and answer the question, 'If this President were in the other party would I vote to impeach?' 'If this President were in my party would I vote to impeach?'

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+8,590
    United States
    Married
    And that is the problem, party loyalty. The question that they should be asking themselves is “Based on the evidence provided, are the alleged offences committed by the President of the United States impeachable offences”.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,519
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    I agree that partisanship is the problem, but I think the question should be 'Did the President do what he has been accused of?' because if he did they are definitely impeachable offenses.

5. Aryeh Jay

+8,590
    United States
    Married
    But more than likely we are going to get, “Well, he probably did the stuff, but he is on our side so we will let it slide”.

6. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+11,514
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    More like, "He probably dd the stuff, but if I vote against him I'll get primaried."

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Aryeh Jay

+8,590
    United States
    Married
    And that is all that matters, winning at all costs. Forget about doing your job, just collect pay and get reelected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+18,308
    Agnostic
    Single
    The idea of censuring him without going through an impeachment has been floated by the Democrats, but I think it's unlikely that any substantial number of them will back out. Still, I've been wrong before...

9. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+3,298
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    You have a strange definition of coup considering impeachment is the legal method to remove a President between elections.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,785
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I vote more than Republicans that vote for.

11. Allandavid

Allandavid Well-Known Member

+5,675
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Zero...the guilt is so obvious.

12. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+863
    Non-Denom
    And I agree with your point that is "impeachable offences". Not even just that a President may or may not have done wrong but do they reach the high level to be considered impeachable.

13. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+863
    Non-Denom
    Or retain their sanity realizing the whole thing is sham and reject the Dem's claims.

14. Allandavid

+5,675
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    And surely your founders answer that question...? After all, wasn’t the example of Trump’s behaviour the exact reason they included an impeachment provision in your constitution...?

15. Allandavid

+5,675
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    ...and reject the evidence of 17 witnesses, many of whom have no connection with either political party. Take Sondland, for example...someone who donated $1million to Trump, yet offered damning testimony about his actions...

16. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,441
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Who gets to determine what is an impeachable offense? I don’t consider constitutional law to be something the general public is really knowledgeable about. I don’t even really see any of these congressmen as being entirely knowledgeable on what technically counts as an impeachable offense. The entire thing seems to be in a kind of gray area in the Constitution.

The questions I think we should all be asking ourselves are, “is it wrong and do I want a president who does that?”

17. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+863
    Non-Denom
    It might reach double digits or perhaps even less BUT STILL will be demonstrated not to have bipartisan support but that bipartisan support goes the OTHER WAY. All through the coming year you'll hear the quotes that Pelosi made just a few months back that you really should have bipartisan support to pursue this something she doesn't have in fact it goes the other direction. And the gentleman Nadler and his statements from 1998 where he stated with conviction that you can't express any stronger way that there should NEVER be an impeachment go forth promoted only by one party in the House! NEVER!

I'm confident the greater numbers will consider these present Dems have been less-than-noble in their motives for putting this forth. Trump will win the next election but his plea will also be let us have the House as well at least this one time. Dem congressman might even have been sincere in saying they'd work with the President and perhaps would if they could but the fact is they're not allowed to. If there was any a time it'd be fair and right for the President and Republicans to have the House as well this will be considered one such time.

18. Bobber

Bobber Well-Known Member

+863
    Non-Denom
    And keep in mind Allandavid he stated he merely assumed something.

19. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+7,284
    Atheist
    Private
    That's not true.

20. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+18,308
    Agnostic
    Single
    The accusation is that Donald withheld foreign aid that was approved by Congress on the condition that a foreign government act against his political rival.

Assume for the moment that Donald did this (and let's admit, it's well within his character to have done so), then yes, it most definitely rises to the level of impeachable.