How many Christians will still vote for Trump?

As a Christian can you still vote for Trump

• Yes

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%

• Total voters

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can give you three good reasons.
1. The Supreme Court. We need conservative judges, and like him or hate him Trump will nominate a conservative.
2. Mike Pence. Trump has already said the VP will likely have more authority than any other because like all good businessmen Trump surrounds himself with experts and simply makes decisions based on their expertise. Pence will be more the ambassador.
3. The rule of law. Trump will appoint people who will enforce the rule of law. Since he isn't a politician and has not long standing loyalties, these authority figures are likely to hold him to the same standard as everyone else. Don't think he'll get a pass if he steps outside the lines. He doesn't have that kind of political clout.
The first two are good arguments for conservatives. #3 is a joke. Trump, by his long history in business cares nothing about the "rule of law" and will not appoint anyone he believes would be disloyal enough to try holding him to it.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly, it's a "lesser of two evils" situation.
More like the evil of two lessers.
But that said, criminal cad with no political knowledge is worse than a corrupt criminal who at least knows the system.
Wrong. If they were both equally horrible I'd want the one without the political clout. Trump is going to appoint conservative justices and conservative justices don't give presidents free reign. Look at all the times the Supreme Court has reigned in Obama and it's full of liberals. The president is an administrator and that's Trump's best suit. Hillary belongs in jail. I'm ashamed of anyone who would even consider making her president. If that's the best the Democrats can come up with then they need to stay home.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump, by his long history in business cares nothing about the "rule of law" and will not appoint anyone he believes would be disloyal enough to try holding him to it.
Name one.
He doesn't have any judges in his pocket that he could get through Congress.
Do you think it's POSSIBLE to be worse than the criminals we have in office now? Can you give me ONE GOOD REASON that the head of the IRS isn't in jail for abuse of power?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More like the evil of two lessers.

Wrong. If they were both equally horrible I'd want the one without the political clout. Trump is going to appoint conservative justices and conservative justices don't give presidents free reign. Look at all the times the Supreme Court has reigned in Obama and it's full of liberals. The president is an administrator and that's Trump's best suit. Hillary belongs in jail. I'm ashamed of anyone who would even consider making her president. If that's the best the Democrats can come up with then they need to stay home.
The SCOTUS has been a conservative court for years. With Scalia's death, it is currently equally divided. Therefore, your argument about the importance of who nominates Justices is valid. However, Trump is not an administrator, he's a corporate dictator and that will not bode well in office any more than it has helped him as a candidate.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump is not an administrator, he's a corporate dictator and that will not bode well in office any more than it has helped him as a candidate.
They are both dictators.
Only one of them has the connections to make you disappear. Only one will take away your right to self protection. Only one will stand against partial birth abortion. Only one will secure the borders. Only one will deal with illegal immigration. Only one believes in national defense. Only one will appoint judges that respect the Constitution.
People who voted for Obama deserved to lose their jobs for their gullibility.
Hillary will be far worse for America. We might not recover from a Clinton presidency.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump is too weak as a leader for me to vote for. Being loud doesnt equal being strong as a leader to me.
Be sure to tell us all that Hillary has accomplished. Successfully selling political favors? The idea that Trump, an accomplished businessman, is too weak to lead people is too silly to argue against, but it would be interesting to know what the Clinton groupies think she's actually accomplished. The Dem party arranged for her to win a Senate seat in a state where she had never lived, then she was given the Secretary of State's job and mainly accomplished logging a lot of air miles but no success unless we count destabilizing Libya. Anyone could have done all of that.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Name one.
He doesn't have any judges in his pocket that he could get through Congress.

True, Congress would be a barrier, otherwise there's always a Roy Moore or Clarence Thomas.
Do you think it's POSSIBLE to be worse than the criminals we have in office now?
Yes. His name is Donald J. Trump
Can you give me ONE GOOD REASON that the head of the IRS isn't in jail for abuse of power?
Yes. The Senate, controlled by the GOP, has not acted on vacancies on the IRS Oversight Board nor has it made any moves to restructure it. The Board has suspended action due to the lack of a quorum.

Over the past several years, the IRS has engaged in unconstitutional civil-asset forfeiture, warrantless surveillance, targeted harassment of both conservative and progressive nonprofits, and stonewalled requests for information from the public and Congress. That the oversight board responsible for protecting taxpayers isn't even operating is unacceptable.
While the IRS Oversight Board has received criticism for its ineffectiveness in the past, the Senate has not initiated legislation to replace or redistribute the oversight role of the Board to other agencies.
"The Senate's claims that it has not confirmed nominees to the Board because the Board is ineffective are little consolation to victims of IRS abuse," said Dan Johnson, Tax Revolution Institute's executive director.
"Either the Senate should uphold its statutory mandate to hold confirmation hearings or initiate legislation to replace the oversight board," Johnson continued. "Taxpayers shouldn't have to suffer another year of abuse by a tax agency, so obviously out of control, with no oversight whatsoever."

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are both dictators.
Only one of them has the connections to make you disappear. Only one will take away your right to self protection. Only one will stand against partial birth abortion. Only one will secure the borders. Only one will deal with illegal immigration. Only one believes in national defense. Only one will appoint judges that respect the Constitution.
People who voted for Obama deserved to lose their jobs for their gullibility.
Hillary will be far worse for America. We might not recover from a Clinton presidency.
Let's be clear. I am not voting for either of these candidates, Trump being IMHO the worse of the two. The US will somehow manage to survive the election of either one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is a skilled at selling a product or in this case, an alternate reality. He successfully cons investors, voters and anyone else who can easily be seduced by his charm. On the other hand, he has exposed the certain segments of the Evangelical community for the they are...

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. The Senate, controlled by the GOP, has not acted on vacancies on the IRS Oversight Board nor has it made any moves to restructure it.
Sadly, the GOP seems to stand for Gutless Old Poops.
I have no idea why liberals are so afraid of them. They held both houses and still caved to Obama.

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was all done in the best interests of the US and not in the best interests of those countries.
If Trump was to become president the US troubles would only just be starting, thankfully it will never happen because the sane Americans outnumber the other kinds of Americans.

Most Americans have been trained from birth to only see what they want to see, anything bad said about the US is dismissed out of hand, how many Americans still think that the US is the best country in the world?
The US put more people in prison than any other country in the world and that's the only thing they are good at, in every other department they are way down the list, next to bottom in some, Oh and they have the biggest military in the world by far because they seem to be afraid of everyone.

I didn't read every post but it boils down to our country being turned over to UN authority . Sooner or later we will exchange our liberty for international law with no internal or external recourse .. The snare has been set with ear tickling bait . When the trap is sprung the "Mr Nice Guy Establishment" will provide your every dream come true , NOT !!!! .. More likely our considerate and loving establishment will soon be able to say " Well, we hate it too but it's out of our hands anymore fellow citizens , we are bound by UN law that our Nation and Constitution is of no longer in effect " ... Sober up for a minute and think . If you think we can't solve our problems with a little work and unity , do you really think no ability to vote and oppose with power turned over to a few strange men in dark back rooms will ever be beneficial or close to the freedom we enjoyed until the present ? Yeah right , you can afford it ? You may find you can't afford it and wish you'd never bought it come payday ..

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea why liberals are so afraid of them. They held both houses and still caved to Obama.
The GOP simply seems to be unable to govern.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to some morning TV roundtable this AM and the topic turned to the state of the GOP if Trump loses. It was said that there would be an attempt to go back to basics, to the GOP as it had been before Trump.

My first thought after hearing that was "Get elected to Congress, never do anything there, and don't attempt a decent run at the Presidency."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, most wouldn't have ignored 600 security requests and let terrorists capture an American embassy.
They would not have DONE what she did, you mean. But I said that anyone would have been capable of making the same decision she actually made--i.e. do nothing. I believe that's correct to say.

Take any person chosen at random from the Chicago phone book and put them next to a phone and they COULD indeed ignore 600 security requests and allow terrorists to capture an American consulate just as well as Hillary. Yes indeed, they could pull that off.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,553.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In elections, I vote the persons political positions, not their moral failings. We are not electing a pope or a pastor of the United States.. Clinton is out over her unrestricted access to abortions position and her wanting to destroy all fossil fuel use. Which I am certain she will try to boost our energy costs. And all those lies and scandals of all the years, including Benghazi and blaming it all on a movie.

i gotta agree.

Upvote 0