How many Ameticans believe that murderers should be arrested?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is condoning murder.
It was a drive-by. I have a hard time believing some gang is so politically motivated that they would go out of their way to do a drive-by killing.

It's more likely that this politically active man was also generally active for peace and order in his community, and had run against gangsters in that respect.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If that's why he was killed.

I know that we don't know why he was shot. But acts of violence for differences of opinion make less sense to me than people who are retaliating against someone who threated physical harm to self or loved ones. I don't think retaliation is necessary; I think lawful imprisonment is better than lynching.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Had it been a cop, he wouldn't have been charged, even had a trial. Just step on his neck until he stop breathing, and walk away free.

That's a ridiculous statement, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
A very good article talking about who he was.
Milwaukee community fixture who supported Trump and BLM murdered in front of own store

While it says the don't know if it was politically motivated, he was very politically active, and had Trump 2020 signs on the front of his store, so I suppose it could be possible.

According to the article, he was an important part of the community, so what doesn't make me wonder is whether the murderer should be punished under the law, but why he would take that man's life specifically.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but respect others' opinions, and can't even start to understand how a difference of opinion would lead for one person to kill another, especially given his ties to the community.

Very tragic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very good article talking about who he was.
Milwaukee community fixture who supported Trump and BLM murdered in front of own store

While it says the don't know if it was politically motivated, he was very politically active, and had Trump 2020 signs on the front of his store, so I suppose it could be possible.

According to the article, he was an important part of the community, so what doesn't make me wonder is whether the murderer should be punished under the law, but why he would take that man's life specifically.

I'm not a Trump supporter, but respect others' opinions, and can't even start to understand how a difference of opinion would lead for one person to kill another, especially given his ties to the community.

Very tragic.

Gangsters are opposed to community solidarity.

• Agree
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Had it been a cop, he wouldn't have been charged, even had a trial. Just step on his neck until he stop breathing, and walk away free.
Hello Beanieboy, why did you say that :scratch: That's exactly what did NOT happen. The offending policeman has been charged with murdering George Floyd, and he is facing either life in prison or the death penalty because of it.

--David

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think there is any evidence for that. It may have bee a personal dispute, or any of a number of other reasons.

People who are strident about getting good things done in such communities will always run afoul of the gangsters. It's not about politics, it's about community control and the flow of money.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
Hello Beanieboy, why did you say that :scratch: That's exactly what did NOT happen. The offending policeman has been charged with murdering George Floyd, and he is facing either life in prison or the death penalty because of it.

--David
You're right. I stand corrected

Upvote 0