• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How many actually want Trump impeached?

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by Mountainmanbob, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+7,561
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Is all of this talk of impeachment real?
    M-Bob

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Tom Farebrother

Tom Farebrother Optimistic sceptic Supporter

+7,809
    Romania
    Christian
    Married
    I doubt it will happen. On a pros and cons scale there's little to be achieved, and proceedings would drag on forever. Some diehards might press legal cases against Trump when he finally leaves power.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+2,121
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    I certainly don't want to see him re-elected, and my dream is to see him defeated in the Republican primary by a mainstream Republican challenger -- but, no, I don't want to see impeachment, unless he crosses the line into doing something illegal. Most of the awful stuff he does is either covered by the First Amendment or is within the constitutional powers given to the Presidency.

4. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+6,724
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    I agree. There are no real grounds for impeaching him, but it is a rallying point for the Dems.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. PloverWing

PloverWing Episcopalian

+2,121
    United States
    Anglican
    Married
    It's a rallying point for some Democrats. As I recall, Speaker Pelosi is resisting the push for impeachment. She's an experienced political leader with good judgment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Mountainmanbob

+7,561
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Goats give her a 50/50.

Although MountainLady can't stand her.

M-Bob

7. hopecountypreacher

hopecountypreacher New Member

+4
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I don't like Pence either, so weirdly I prefer Trump...I hope he gets voted out in 2020, but I doubt he will.

8. Orthodoxjay1

Orthodoxjay1 Well-Known Member

+751
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Why don't the Democrats concentrate on issues to win in 2020, instead of once again trying to impeach the president? When the Republicans went after Bill Clinton , it didn't turn out well for the Republicans.

• List
  9. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+15,433
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    No. It is pre-election grandstanding.

There is not enough time to do an impeachment between now and the elections.

• List
  10. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    • A majority of self-described American voters surveyed in a new INSIDER poll agreed with Republican Rep. Justin Amash that President Donald Trump "committed impeachable offenses."
    • Among respondents who said they were registered to vote, 54% agreed.
    • Amash is the first Republican lawmaker to call for Trump's impeachment based on Robert Mueller's findings in the special counsel's Russia investigation.
    • In the wake of Mueller's report, and of a news conference the former FBI director gave last week, calls for Trump's impeachment have grown steadily louder.
    • House Democrats have been pumping the brakes on impeachment out of fear of political backlash. But mounting public support for the move could lead to a shift in Democrats' strategy.
      Majority of Americans in new poll agree with GOP Rep. Justin Amash that Trump 'committed impeachable offenses'
    This hasn't happened since Watergate. Things might get interesting, unless Trump can win back the moderates who were repelled by the abuse of children in ICE camps, and by Trump's increasingly racist outbursts.

11. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+5,085
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Among all the zillion and one stories about how the 2020 election would turn out if it were held today (important note, it will not be held for 15 months), you may have seen one that must have been especially alarming to President Donald Trump, for two reasons.

Reason one: It showed Joe Biden, the current leading Democratic candidate, clobbering Trump in several states that Trump has to win to have a chance of winning a second term.

In several states that Trump either carried in 2016 or lost narrowly but hoped to pick up in 2020, the poll showed Biden currently polling ahead of Trump, in many cases by a wide margin, including in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

For example, in crucial swing state Ohio, which Trump won in 2016 by a surprisingly large 8 percentage points, the poll showed Trump trailing Biden by 1. In North Carolina, which Trump won by 4 points in 2016, it showed Biden leading by 8. Georgia: Trump won by 5; the poll showed him trailing Biden by 6. In Iowa, which Trump won by 10, the poll showed Biden ahead by 9.

To make this even tougher reading for Trump, the leaked poll numbers came from a pollster working for his own re-election campaign.
    (Here’s a link to one of many stories about the leaked numbers.)

Trump took prompt, immediate action to rectify the situation.

He fired the pollsters.

Leaked internal poll must have especially alarmed Trump | MinnPost

12. Mountainmanbob

+7,561
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Interesting-- poll has it right.

Even here -- amazing!

M-Bob

13. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    None of which will keep him off the golf course or going on vacation. ^_^

14. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,222
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Trump must have a lot more time on his hands than he first thought he would because he said he wouldn't have time to play golf or take vacations. In fact, he said he'd rarely leave the White House.

Trump-O-Meter: Not Take Vacations

Trump in 2016: 'I don't have time' for golf

Trump: 'I would rarely leave the White House'

But he certainly has found the time to play golf, including after declaring his national emergency.

Trump Golf Count: 198 and the cost to taxpayers is about $106,000,000.

Trump Is Playing Golf Hours After Declaring America Is Under Attack By Immigrants

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  15. Mountainmanbob

+7,561
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
  16. Orthodoxjay1

+751
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    Exactly all the old time politicians discussed business and hammered out deals at he old burning tree golf course, even president Truman, a Democrat played Golf there. Golf is very American sport, at least he not flying around the world apologizing for American " mistakes" and bowing to leaders, like the last president.

17. Mountainmanbob

+7,561
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    True, those were very sad days for America.

M-Bob

18. Orthodoxjay1

+751
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Others
    That why under President Trump, it morning in America Again, in 2020 Let's Keep America Great.

19. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+1,188
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    TRUMP!!! :doh:

20. Yarddog

Yarddog Senior Contributor Supporter

+2,533
    Catholic
    Married
    Conservatives need an actual good man in office who loves the US Constitution instead of a phoney like Trump.