passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The question always comes to our minds of who are the lost sheep? No, who are the Sheep ?
In this particular thread the discussion of who the Children of God are ? Who is the Father of these children? The relation between 'Jesus' , Ancient of Days, and holy spirit; amongst other topics relating to salvation to the children of God in the lord's day.

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.

LETS BREAKDOWN THIS VERSE TO START THE EDIFICATION OF THE LOST SHEEP SCATTERED ABROAD

• Useful
Reactions: GospelS

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Romans 9:24-26
King James Version

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question always comes to our minds of who are the lost sheep? No, who are the Sheep ?
In this particular thread the discussion of who the Children of God are ? Who is the Father of these children? The relation between 'Jesus' , Ancient of Days, and holy spirit; amongst other topics relating to salvation to the children of God in the lord's day.

John 10:24 Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to doubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30I and my Father are one.

LETS BREAKDOWN THIS VERSE TO START THE EDIFICATION OF THE LOST SHEEP SCATTERED ABROAD

You can start from Matthew 15:24

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It does seem contextual for the Jews at the time, people like to infer it to all believers today; but what are the chances, it was for the people who listened to Jesus' actual voice in person?

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which "verse" Dan, you have a minimum of seven showing?
Daniel. There are questions in the topic heading to give reference to what we are talking about in These verse(s) that you should have an exegesis for

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right but we would like further understanding. Who would be the Lost sheep of the house of Israel? Some say all israel, some say just the elect, some say all nations . What say you?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me

The sheep are not lost because they have heard and are following the Shepard.

Those who do not follow are the ones who are lost.

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This is problematic being that Christ is sent to the lost sheep. We have to harmonize scripture not disrupt them being that they are far older than we are. If the one who do not follow him are the lost ones, are you saying he’s coming to save people who don’t listen to him. Because he was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Meaning that was his only job from God the Father

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Would it make sense to you that the sheep that hear his voice would have had to been lost first to be found. His sheep hear his voice however if Christ isn’t there for them to see him and follow him then they would stay lost a nation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟979,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Would it make sense to you that the sheep that hear his voice would have had to been lost first to be found. His sheep hear his voice however if Christ isn’t there for them to see him and follow him then they would stay lost a nation
Let me see if I understand you correctly here. You are specifically wanting to identify the lost sheep before they encounter the Shepard? Understandible if so. The problem is, it just isn't possible lest we attempt subdue that which He wills over,

but now commands all men everywhere to repent

(Acts 17:30)

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me see if I understand you correctly here. You are specifically wanting to identify the lost sheep before they encounter the Shepard? Understandible if so. The problem is, it just isn't possible lest we attempt subdue that which He wills over,

but now commands all men everywhere to repent

(Acts 17:30)
What? You just went left with your answer. Christ was prophesied to come before he came in the flesh. For Israel. Whether they are sheep or not the topic headline has the question for discussion. Yes we are identifying who the sheep are buddy

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right but we would like further understanding. Who would be the Lost sheep of the house of Israel? Some say all israel, some say just the elect, some say all nations . What say you?

Only Israel.

Have you ever noted Paul never described those of us in the Body of Christ as "sheep" in his letters to us, Romans to Philemon?

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Only Israel.

Have you ever noted Paul never described those of us in the Body of Christ as "sheep" in his letters to us, Romans to Philemon?

I havent given my opinion fully as of yet. Simply going off scripture we are delving into who the "Lost sheep of the house of Israel " is. So as I questioned earlier what say you? who do you believe the sheep are? Do you believe Paul's writings to the churches supercede that of The Most high god or Christ ?

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I havent given my opinion fully as of yet. Simply going off scripture we are delving into who the "Lost sheep of the house of Israel " is. So as I questioned earlier what say you? who do you believe the sheep are? Do you believe Paul's writings to the churches supercede that of The Most high god or Christ ?

As stated, the sheep refers to members of the nation of Israel, God promised to be their shepherd, Psalms 23.

As for your last point, no it does not supersede. Jesus first coming was for Israel (Matthew 15:24, Romans 15:8).

After Israel rejected him, the nation fell and salvation was made available to the gentiles (Romans 11:11).

We follow Paul as he follows Christ (1 Corinthians 11:1, 1 Corinthians 14:37)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As stated, the sheep refers to members of the nation of Israel, God promised to be their shepherd, Psalms 23.

As for your last point, no it does not supersede. Jesus first coming was for Israel (Matthew 15:24, Romans 15:8).

After Israel rejected him, the nation fell and salvation was made available to the gentiles (Romans 11:11).

malachi 3:6-7
LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
Mal 3:7 - Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone awayfrom mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said,Wherein shall we return?

Once for Israel always for Israel according to the text. I follow the most high God through Christ.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob

Acts 5:
28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Isaiah 45:17
But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Upvote 0

Daniel Malik

May 25, 2021
passaic
✟16,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As stated, the sheep refers to members of the nation of Israel, God promised to be their shepherd
Does God change ? Or break his promises ? He promised Abraham way before he promised Jacob anything would god return on his promise to Abraham or let his seed be curse for ever. According to the Bible he does not change and salvation is for Israel

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The picture is of a middle Eastern Sheppard going to an area where his sheep are and calling for them.
They hear and recognise his voice and go to him.

In the current world we live in Jesus still calls for people to follow him.
Now calvanist believe Jesus has chosen them and is merely gathering them.
Armenians believe that non christians hear Jesus' call and that they respond to that call and start to follow Jesus.

How ever you want to put it non christians respond to become Christian and follow Jesus.

Those that don't do not get to be with Jesus and loose out on heaven.

Upvote 0