How long until the Democrats own the state of corona in the USA?

How long until the Democratic Party can be made responsible for the development of the US pandemic?

• From day one of Bidens presidency

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • After a month

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 6-12 months

• > 1 year

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Never

• Other (please clarify in your response)

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,924.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So.. now that Biden's inauguration is only hours away, I'd like to pose a question to you guys.

Obviously, the greatest challenge currently facing the world, and the USA in particular, is the corona pandemic. It will take months, maybe until next winter until vaccination will have any real impact on the trajectory. With control of both chambers, as well as the presidency, democrats have a wide array of possibilities to combat this pandemic.

While I doubt that anyone would argue that they should be faulted for what happened before they took over, I am already guessing that there will be some debate on when they should be. After all, the democratic process takes time, and there is a lag between implementing measures and them being statistically detectable.

I think we should do this discussion now, rather than in a couple of months.

And mind you, this is obviously only a discussion about the federal level responses.

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
While I doubt that anyone would argue that they should be faulted for what happened before they took over...
The premise of your OP is hopelessly flawed.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So.. now that Biden's inauguration is only hours away, I'd like to pose a question to you guys.

Obviously, the greatest challenge currently facing the world, and the USA in particular, is the corona pandemic. It will take months, maybe until next winter until vaccination will have any real impact on the trajectory. With control of both chambers, as well as the presidency, democrats have a wide array of possibilities to combat this pandemic.

While I doubt that anyone would argue that they should be faulted for what happened before they took over, I am already guessing that there will be some debate on when they should be. After all, the democratic process takes time, and there is a lag between implementing measures and them being statistically detectable.

And mind you, this is obviously only a discussion about the federal level responses.
If you are asking how long until they stop blaming Trump, the answer is never. But the responsibility starts January 20.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Never. If the federal response turns out to be as big a disaster as the State response in New York, Biden can write a book about what a great job he is doing.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Those who says coronavirus is a hoax or blame China , they don’t get to blame Biden.

For me , if Biden can’t vaccinate 50 million people in first 100 days then I will blame him. He has been telling us that he will vaccinate 100 millions in first 100 days, I hardly doubt that is possible, but he should he able to accomplish at least 50% of what he promised.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Responsibility starts on day one.

Credit or blame accrues with efforts made or shirked, when they need to be made. And with reality acknowledged or fantasy promoted, when we need reality.

Those moments will come when they come. I dont have a crystal ball.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Those who says coronavirus is a hoax or blame China , they don’t get to blame Biden.

For me , if Biden can’t vaccinate 50 million people in first 100 days then I will blame him. He has been telling us that he will vaccinate 100 millions in first 100 days, I hardly doubt that is possible, but he should he able to accomplish at least 50% of what he promised.

I suggest no matter how many people receive an vaccination over the next few months that Biden won't vaccinate anybody.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,358.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
If you are asking how long until they stop blaming Trump, the answer is never. But the responsibility starts January 20.
Two quite distinct points:
  • The OP clearly asks when will blame for the then current state of the pandemic be attached to Biden. Perhaps you are reading between lines that aren't there.
  • Responsibility very clearly starts much earlier than January 20th. If Biden had not been considering what steps should be taken back in the spring then he could rightly be accused of sloppy work. If he had not been exploring how best to tackle the pandemic, as he moved closer to election day then he would have been seriously remiss. And if he had not been working out the details of team and actions once the election results were in then he should be roundly condemned. Those considerations and explorations and working out are the necessary actions of a responsible candidate for the Presidency and for the President elect.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not that any of them will work or that, even if they do, it will compensate for all the 'wrenches thrown into the works' by those who did not want the November election to occur with the administration having had success in its efforts to stop the spread of the disease.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Two quite distinct points:
  • The OP clearly asks when will blame for the then current state of the pandemic be attached to Biden. Perhaps you are reading between lines that aren't there.
  • Responsibility very clearly starts much earlier than January 20th. If Biden had not been considering what steps should be taken back in the spring then he could rightly be accused of sloppy work. If he had not been exploring how best to tackle the pandemic, as he moved closer to election day then he would have been seriously remiss. And if he had not been working out the details of team and actions once the election results were in then he should be roundly condemned. Those considerations and explorations and working out are the necessary actions of a responsible candidate for the Presidency and for the President elect.
Candidates can’t take responsibility until they assume office. I can say that I’m running for president in ‘24 and make all sorts of plans. That doesn’t make me responsible for anything.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,358.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Candidates can’t take responsibility until they assume office. I can say that I’m running for president in ‘24 and make all sorts of plans. That doesn’t make me responsible for anything.
You have an odd and restricted view of responsibility! Do you seriously mean to say that it would be responsible of Biden to make no preparations for dealing with the pandemic before he takes office? I think you're winding me up. :)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have an odd and restricted view of responsibility! Do you seriously mean to say that it would be responsible of Biden to make no preparations for dealing with the pandemic before he takes office? I think you're winding me up. :)

The OP's question was not when will Biden make preparations for dealing with the pandemic but how long before the Democrats take ownership of the state of coronavirus in the US. I propose they will never do that as they will continue to blame Trump for the state of coronavirus just as they blamed Bush for the state of the economy for eight straight years.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

I'm back
Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟676,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The democractic party is the party of finger pointing, while denying any culpability for their own actions so I figure they will never, not one time, own any responsibility for anything they do, or fail to do.

But they own day 1 forward in the eyes of Americans.. they will simply ignore the outcome of their failures.

I'm sure they'll distract attention by pointing to the evils of white supremacy, that way they can avoid talking about the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The democractic party is the party of finger pointing, while denying any culpability for their own actions....
Thats a little much. This is one characteristic that both parties share in equal measure.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The democractic party is the party of finger pointing, while denying any culpability for their own actions so I figure they will never, not one time, own any responsibility for anything they do, or fail to do.

But they own day 1 forward in the eyes of Americans.. they will simply ignore the outcome of their failures.

I'm sure they'll distract attention by pointing to the evils of white supremacy, that way they can avoid talking about the truth.
Hogan Gidleyn White House spokes person; Trump couldn't condemn the riots because social media had deplatformed him.
He had the platforms all day on Jan 6. He did nothing for hours. Facebook banned Trump from posting on its site on January 7. Twitter followed suit on January 8.
But Trump had no way to condemn the riots the 6th of January.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟105,039.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Oh funny, for a moment I thought you were talking about Trump with all that finger pointing and not taking responsibility. I do also like your crystal ball as well. But your post felt like nothing but projection on part of the previous admin and pulling white supremacy into this as well. What truth is it by the way?

As far as the question, hard for me to give a timeline. Not a democrat, but the transition between administrations hasn't exactly looked like what one would call adequate, to say the least, so that will slow the response most likely, but we'll have to see how fast the task force Biden has will be able toget things rolling the way they want to. IIRC, Fauci is there, so someone who has, even if a bit dated, info on what was going on with the previous admin will be there. Hopefully will help. I'd give it a few months to see what effect decisions now will actually have.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As far as the question,
Oh yes...the question. Let's not completely ignore the question.

...but the transition between administrations hasn't exactly looked like what one would call adequate, to say the least, so that will slow the response most likely, but we'll have to see how fast the task force Biden has will be able toget things rolling the way they want to. IIRC, Fauci is there, so someone who has, even if a bit dated, info on what was going on with the previous admin will be there. Hopefully will help. I'd give it a few months to see what effect decisions now will actually have.

They're already saying that it will get worse, so any thought that the third term of the Obama administration will feature wonder-workers who will make short work of the virus is fantasy.

• Agree
Upvote 0