How long do you read/time of day each day?

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I generally read in late morning, after breakfast has been eaten, the dishes done, the dogs, fed, etc. for 30-60 minutes, then I read again before I go to bed, about 30 minutes. 90% of the time it's Scripture.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read throughout the day, here and there. If counting only things that are not comments/posts, and adding up the pieces, usually it would 1/2 - 2 hours most days, but can be more than 3 sometimes. I often read something early in the morning, and usually will read before sleep also, and usually some scripture at the end. I read some scripture throughout the day also most days.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Morning and evening. Usually first thing in the morning while I have a cup of coffee and then often again after I put my son to sleep. Mornings are scripture and devotional reading and evenings are usually fiction or non-fiction and a few chapters in the Bible. My morning reads are usually rather short, about 15 minutes my evening reads can be a couple of hours, depending on what I am reading at the time.

Upvote 0

Abide with me.

Jan 8, 2021
Norfolk
✟40,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read in the morning before I do anything else, for between half to one hour, I find my mind is quieter then and I absorb stuff on a deeper level, I either read the bible or Bible related books, which explain the Bible as I am new to Christianity, I often read parts of the Bible which give answers to questions I ask when waking up, I think I get the most clarity then, then I usually pray on what I have read.

Upvote 0

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟698,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Working full time and being a mom, I usually only get to read right before I fall asleep at night. If I’m lucky, I get half an hour before I zonk out. I do listen to audio books in the car to and from work.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I most of the time read for a half a hour each day in the morning because I am a morning person! The question I ask this forum is the thread title.

I head to bed 2 hours before I got to bed, get ready for bed, say prayers then I read with the tie I have left. I find it relaxes me so i can sleep.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,316.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am constantly reading, but only a few lines at a time. When I have done some tidying in the kitchen I reward myself by allowing myself to read a few lines or a page of a book I keep in there. I do the same in the bedroom. I also read in the bathroom and in bed and occasionally when I'm eating or having a tea break. Quite often, when I'm passing a book case on my way somewhere, I lift out a book and read a few lines - I'm slowly getting through The Lord of the Rings that way. Of course, I do also read the Bible, usually in the morning.

Gillian

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If I have free time I read any time of day. I tend to read more often in the evening after I get everything I need to done. But sometimes I’ll read before work or on my break. Sometimes a good book needs to be read all night long.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums