How long are you willing to be on Lockdown?

How Long are you willing to Go on Lockdown?

• Forever - no more freedoms for Americans

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Open it up now - give us our liberties back

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Until a they find a vaccine - 18 months

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No answer

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
...and I thought the options in the OP poll were loaded.
It not loaded, America has never seen the projected 33% unemployment if this lasts, that uncharted territory , toilet paper lines turning into breadlines , turning to millions of angry people who turn to unrest.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you want America to be destroyed by A Depression the likes it never seen , that will lead to Fascism or Communism, if people can't work, or make a living.
so's law in full effect, that isn't what people are proposing.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Will you give your life to prevent it?

How about your loved ones? How many empty seats around the ol' dinner table are you eager to put up with?
It easy for you to say , your sacrificing a 1/3rd of the country living like Africa or Wheimer Germany just so the virus goes away.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump is being bullied by the deep state through agent Fauci to nationally lockdown everything.
Why is he going along with it? Maybe Trump is in on the deep state conspiracy.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Some of us knew it all along. A smart tyrant doesn't have to fight an armed populace; he just needs to get them on his side. How does one do that? Through fear -- not fear of him, but fear of the boogyman that only he can protect you from.
I agree but this is a global takeover. Expect a change in the economic system. He who controls the purse strings has always controlled the world. Even kings and queens were created pawns in their game.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
so's law in full effect, that isn't what people are proposing.
If lockdown lasts too long, guess what, no work, no production, no restuarants, no bars, no clubs, no concerts, no economic activity, businesses have to lay people off or close down, it all bad.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Again,we can keep the elderly and immune compromised in isolation, and we can keep a 6 feet distance rule in public, and even some curfew hours for businesses, while even limiting the number of customers, and we could also use the national defense production act to make enough hand sanitizers, gloves, masks, ventilators for hospitals to deal with this crisis.

Also ban travel in and out of the country, until the crisis ends.

It doesn't just kill the elderly and immune compromised, and only isolating them would still leave us with a huge number of dead. while younger people tend to survive, a significant portion of them need emergency care to do so and that would quickly get overwhelmed. Social distancing isn't just staying 6 feet away. It is only going out when you really need to.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If lockdown lasts too long, guess what, no work, no production, no restuarants, no bars, no clubs, no concerts, no economic activity, businesses have to lay people off or close down, it all bad.
If you break lockdown, same thing except millions dead. Which would you prefer?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you're dead wrong. I've got a couple of tradies over fixing a wall. Guys shook hands no problem. Also a friend staying in the attic. So it's like Main St in here atm.

Apart from that, you're dead wrong. The UK downgraded the 'virus' from highly contagious last week, also revised their predicted deaths from 500k to under 20k. Here in Aus there's been less than 15 deaths attributed to it. I say 'attributed', because there's no actual proof of causation.

So what's up?
Now we know what’s in your attic.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you break lockdown, same thing except millions dead. Which would you prefer?
Millions wont die, if my plan was taken we can do the suggestions I pointed out, and most can safely, and with common sense return to normal life.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Millions wont die, if my plan was taken we can do the suggestions I pointed out, and most of safely, and with common sense return to normal life.
All of the elderly being on lockdown and no travel in or out of the country is not normal life.....

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
All of the elderly being on lockdown and no travel in or out of the country is not normal life.....
Not all the way but for most people it will be mostly normal, being able to marry, find a spouse and make lots of babies, go to church and take communion, go shopping at malls, go have a few beers with friends (6 feet distance of course), go to concerts (with use of social distancing), it can be done, MAGA!

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,185,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not all the way but for most people it will be mostly normal, being able to marry, find a spouse and make lots of babies, go to church and take communion, go shopping at malls, go have a few beers with friends (6 feet distance of course), go to concerts (with use of social distancing), it can be done, MAGA!
And if you do that, millions dead again due to healthcare being overloaded. I feel like people don't understand how contagious and serious this virus is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m really curious what methods you’d use to enforce the 6 foot distancing requirement across the nation, especially in the settings you mention of bars, churches and concert venues. What draconian measures would we have to employ to keep people 6 feet apart from each other at all times?

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
And if you do that, millions dead again due to healthcare being overloaded. I feel like people don't understand how contagious and serious this virus is.

Millions won't die , people have common sense to keep 6 feet, not go to work if sick, not give it to the elderly and the weak immunes, wash their hands, strip down and wash up and throw clothes in washer when home, wear a mask walking in public .

We could also stock pile hospital beds, ventilators, masks, gloves, doctor & nurse gowns with the Defense Production Act.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,393.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What draconian measures would we have to employ to keep people 6 feet apart from each other at all times?
It only until the herd immunity kicks in, maybe 18-24 months. Then it's back to doing the Charleston.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,146.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Millions wont die, if my plan was taken we can do the suggestions I pointed out, and most can safely, and with common sense return to normal life.

Returning to a normal life?

No thanks,
If anything, after this, life will be better,

Already now countries are helping eachother instead of bombing eachother,
Both Russia and China has sent help to the US,

Is that not a positive sign?

The world will not be the same, it will be better.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m really curious what methods you’d use to enforce the 6 foot distancing requirement across the nation, especially in the settings you mention of bars, churches and concert venues. What draconian measures would we have to employ to keep people 6 feet apart from each other at all times?

The Bully pulpits of the presidency , state and local officals, PSA announcements, encouraging these settings to enforce the rules as part of being there as guests, actors and musicians can tell kids and others who look up to them to go along because it "cool".

Upvote 0