How long are you willing to be on Lockdown?

How Long are you willing to Go on Lockdown?

• Forever - no more freedoms for Americans

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Open it up now - give us our liberties back

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Until a they find a vaccine - 18 months

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No answer

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
It has been on the news, you haven't been paying attention. At least 2 NYC hospitals now have trucks outside housing their dead as the morgues are full.
Sounds like the end to Goodfellas.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The lock downs and distancing are not to keep those numbers from happening over the next two years but to keep them happening all at once.
They will reduce those numbers actually, a considerable number of deaths will simply be from overload.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,449.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
You bring up an excellent point. Hospitals, morgues and funeral homes have a super huge backlog of unclaimed dead in the US, both flesh and cremated, because people can't pay for a funeral or the government won't pay enough for disposal. The funeral places are privately run and don't have to accept anyone without the cash. Apparently it costs about $2700 minimum and welfare has not changed the rate of $1800 in 38 years. Add this new burden to the backlog and things could get interesting. At least in Italy they are bringing them into churches 80 at a time for temporary storage and blessings before the army comes to bury them in new graveyards. This all without any family contact.

It is a sad state of affairs.

But all things have their time, or their season,
then it is over.

There is a time to run for your life and there is a time to stay in your house.

The angel of death cannot return with "mission unaccomplished."

There is no where to run,
so best stay in your house.

Passover this year starts April 8.

Maybe it shall reach it,s peak just then.

I wish it was not happening, but it is.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People die in WW1 and WW2 in huge numbers , we never restricted Americans to this extent, people died in huge numbers during the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak, yet we left things up to the states, and even then , most normal life went on.
lives were not normal during the world wars....... you had rationing just for starters.

During the spanish flu, philly ignored orders to cancel public events and held their st patrick's parade.

It cost them 12,000 lives.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Should I get a government permission slip to breath, you know co2 bad for environment. This whole thing reeks of a global nanny state on steroids.

I’d pay good money to see you in America during World War II and receiving a ration book. You’d lose your mind.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
lives were not normal during the world wars....... you had rationing just for starters.

During the spanish flu, philly ignored orders to cancel public events and held their st patrick's parade.

It cost them 12,000 lives.

But I hear it did wonders for their economy.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,518.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Passover this year starts April 8.
If this is in anyway related to the first Passover, then I expect a lot of people as a matter of self determined protection will be putting strips of toilet paper above their doors.

• Haha
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
But I hear it did wonders for their economy.
Life went on normal , even Woodrow Wilson as terrible of a president , didn't shut everything down, Trump is being bullied by the deep state through agent Fauci to nationally lockdown everything.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So who here supports a Economic Depression that could kill Americans , so you feel safe and coddled. 33% unemployment will lead to unrest, and total chaos. Think Wheimer America.
Those who support breaking containment do, along with the needless deaths of millions of americans.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That wasn't permanent , and wasn't a tax to breath.
Measures currently being taken are not permanent and breath is not being taxed. Bit of a poor comparison that being the case.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You have a decent point there, all right. I have heard all my life that "Americans wouldn't stand for that! There'd be an armed revolution!"

Indeed -- But the problem with putting your faith and trust in the Almighty Gun is that eventually, you're going to come across a problem you can't shoot... such as a pandemic.

The reference was to the suggestion that the imposition of a dictatorship in this country, like what happened in some other countries, would just not happen, even if the wrong politicians came to power.

I think we can now see that that view is very naïve.

Some of us knew it all along. A smart tyrant doesn't have to fight an armed populace; he just needs to get them on his side. How does one do that? Through fear -- not fear of him, but fear of the boogyman that only he can protect you from.

Indeed -- sometimes, you can get those militias, thugs, and armed idiots to do the dirty work for you...

Brazil gangs impose strict curfews to slow coronavirus spread

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those who support breaking containment do, along with the needless deaths of millions of americans.
Again,we can keep the elderly and immune compromised in isolation, and we can keep a 6 feet distance rule in public, and even some curfew hours for businesses, while even limiting the number of customers, and we could also use the national defense production act to make enough hand sanitizers, gloves, masks, ventilators for hospitals to deal with this crisis.

Also ban travel in and out of the country, until the crisis ends.

Upvote 0

James4Christ 777

Oct 28, 2019
Monterey
✟6,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you want America to be destroyed by A Depression the likes it never seen , that will lead to Fascism or Communism, if people can't work, or make a living.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So you want America to be destroyed by A Depression the likes it never seen , that will lead to Fascism or Communism, if people can't work, or make a living.
...and I thought the options in the OP poll were loaded.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Life went on normal , even Woodrow Wilson as terrible of a president , didn't shut everything down,

And about 675,000 Americans died.... considering that the US population was about 1/3 what it is now, you do the math.

Trump is being bullied by the deep state through agent Fauci to nationally lockdown everything.

I thought you guys fell in line beneath Donald for him to fight the Deep State?

He. Just. Keeps. Failing.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Will you give your life to prevent it?

How about your loved ones? How many empty seats around the ol' dinner table are you eager to put up with?

Upvote 0