How long are you willing to be on Lockdown?

How Long are you willing to Go on Lockdown?

• Forever - no more freedoms for Americans

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Open it up now - give us our liberties back

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Until a they find a vaccine - 18 months

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • No answer

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked if anybody’s home. I responded.

Well you're dead wrong. I've got a couple of tradies over fixing a wall. Guys shook hands no problem. Also a friend staying in the attic. So it's like Main St in here atm.

Apart from that, you're dead wrong. The UK downgraded the 'virus' from highly contagious last week, also revised their predicted deaths from 500k to under 20k. Here in Aus there's been less than 15 deaths attributed to it. I say 'attributed', because there's no actual proof of causation.

So what's up?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Why oh why is this only about your country. Even Trump discovered another 150 of them yesterday.

Says the bloke form some land down under where the drop bears and bands of mutants roam.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well you're dead wrong. I've got a couple of tradies over fixing a wall. Guys shook hands no problem. Also a friend staying in the attic. So it's like Main St in here atm.

Apart from that, you're dead wrong. The UK downgraded the 'virus' from highly contagious last week, also revised their predicted deaths from 500k to under 20k. Here in Aus there's been less than 15 deaths attributed to it. I say 'attributed', because there's no actual proof of causation.

So what's up?
The revision are based on things like social distancing functioning, which the idiot who shook your hand is undermining.

Australia is up to 18 deaths, and there is certainly evidence of causation.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jist wonder how long do you accept to sacrifice liberty for public health? And do you trust the government to allow churches, resturants , nightclubs, bars , cruiselines to open up again , and back to normal? Or make he " new normal" permanent.
The choices you give seem to be “leading.” No one is anticipating a lockdown forever, or even for 18 months. You’ve left off the most likely scenario of 1-3 months. Your agenda here is showing...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why oh why is this only about your country. Even Trump discovered another 150 of them yesterday.
Don’t you know? This is all a plot to tank the economy and make Trump lose the election in November. Those dastardly Democrats!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
For myself, I don't know.

I do have the feeling, though, that by late April there will be substantial cracks in this system with the economy being seriously hurt and the people restless about the never-ending "house arrests." Exactly what the breakdown in the social order will look like is tougher to guess at, however.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just wonder how long do you accept to sacrifice liberty for public health? And do you trust the government to allow churches, restaurants , nightclubs, bars , cruise-lines to open up again , and back to normal? Or make the " new normal" permanent.

I will say something is just not right, we gladly give our freedom up fast. This all very scary, not the virus but how we give up everything when the government tells us too.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The choices you give seem to be “leading.” No one is anticipating a lockdown forever, or even for 18 months. You’ve left off the most likely scenario of 1-3 months. Your agenda here is showing...
1 month is a pipe dream honestly. June, July August it may relent a bit due to weather, but once fall returns, it will come roaring back if we aren't prepared. The swine flu did this both in 1918 and 2009, and while this isn't an influenza virus, they do have some similarities in seasonal outbreaks.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For myself, I don't know.

I do have the feeling, though, that by late April there will be substantial cracks in this system with the economy being seriously hurt and the people restless about the never-ending "house arrests." Exactly what the breakdown in the social order will look like is tougher to guess at, however.

I must say you say it much better than I could, thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,620.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What a marvelous test run for future world order.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Jist wonder how long do you accept to sacrifice liberty for public health? And do you trust the government to allow churches, resturants , nightclubs, bars , cruiselines to open up again , and back to normal? Or make he " new normal" permanent.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Of course, the guy who said that never expected you to actually inconvenience yourself; what did He know?

Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I will say something is just not right, we gladly give our freedom up fast. This all very scary, not the virus but how we give up everything when the government tells us too.
You have a decent point there, all right. I have heard all my life that "Americans wouldn't stand for that! There'd be an armed revolution!"

The reference was to the suggestion that the imposition of a dictatorship in this country, like what happened in some other countries, would just not happen, even if the wrong politicians came to power.

I think we can now see that that view is very naïve.

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 month is a pipe dream honestly. June, July August it may relent a bit due to weather, but once fall returns, it will come roaring back if we aren't prepared. The swine flu did this both in 1918 and 2009, and while this isn't an influenza virus, they do have some similarities in seasonal outbreaks.
I don’t think it will be one month either, but if testing and treatment options are improved and the ventilator shortage is addressed, then we may see a loosening of restrictions in some places that early.

Upvote 0